Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just a much needed RANT!

Sass_829
March 21st, 2007, 09:14 PM
Hi,

I just really need to vent right now. I know this has probably already been discussed to death but after reading a local add in the pets section I am once again left feeling extremely angry and sad. There was an add giving away a free cat, the lady described her as being a princess, a bit of her personality and what came with her, then added she loved her and she was her 'favorite' but because of roommates allergies had to give her away!! I've read many adds much the same about people giving up their pet's...but for some reason...tonight ...this add...just did it!

I know other stressful factors in my life right now probably added to it hehe but I wrote the lady a nice loooong e-mail telling her just what I thought!! I mean come on!! I moved half a dozen times and let me tell you in Vancouver it's soo hard finding an apartment that allows...pets...much less cats! And on top of that...all the apartments that did...would do credit checks and because of my student loans...I was never accepted! BUT I FOUND A PLACE EACH TIME! I always managed and never gave up...I just had to work a whole lot harder at finding a place..But that's the responsibility I took when I decided to get Kyra from the SPCA!

I just don't understand how these people could just throw away their pets like that, and think to justify it with the most ridiculous excuses ever invented on earth!! :mad:

If you know your roomies are allergic don't move in, or don't let them move in! I had clearly stated...must be ok with cats...as I have one etc...

I don't understant the frame of mind of just getting rid of an animal once it doesn't suit you, once there seems to be even a bit of a stir caused etc..

AHHH! lol Ok I feel better now :) I'm going to go hug my sweet pea and hope that my e-mail at least made the lady think a little. :rolleyes:

mummummum
March 21st, 2007, 11:27 PM
I couldn't agree with you more. Ditch the roomie or find another place. Do what you have to do ~ when you bring an animal into your life you have signed on "for life". No excuses accepted.

Shamrock
March 22nd, 2007, 12:07 AM
Yes, its SO hard to fathom isnt it?:mad: To go that extra mile.. leaving no stone unturned can be hard and frustrating, but many do this for the love of their pets, and will "find" a solution. Kudos to you for going the distance for your Kyra. :highfive:
But.. then for many others - even insignifigant problems are just too much to tackle. Off their pet goes.. dogs always to the proverbial "good home in the country" :mad: cats to the wonderful Utopian home where they will be treated like royalty.
Some times they do find this, the lucky ones. But for those who dump their pets, even pets with problems.. its always "a sure thing." :rolleyes:
They really just want them gone.. out of their lives.

Its profoundly sad how committments are so easily abandoned by some.:sad: :

mummummum
March 22nd, 2007, 12:14 AM
On the upside Sass ? Declan was twice dumped until we found each other and I couldn't be happier :lovestruck:

Sass_829
March 22nd, 2007, 06:58 AM
Yeah that is the only good thing when they find caring owners like you Mummummum and shamrock and many other on this board, If someone hadn't dumped Kyra at the shelter I wouldn't have found her either, and I do really love that sweet pea so much and we are happy too:love: :) Unfortunately many end up not so fortunate. When I had gotten Kyra...she was in a small cage with many other animals, and the dogs were barking non stop and she was lying there all laid back and chill, but it was her eyes that drew me to her, she looked like she had given up. She was on the very bottom row of cages and I went in there looking for a siamese male..but came out with her :lovestruck: I totally fell in love with her. The thought that hurt me the most though was knowing that she probably knew that her previous owners didn't want her anymore, and maybe she thought there was something wrong with her. To this day when I leave for work or for a day I tell her bye and I'll see her later in hopes she doesn't think I'll abandon her like her owners did.

mummummum
March 22nd, 2007, 01:21 PM
It's horrible ~ I know others here check petfinder regularly just to look ~ I can't, it breaks my heart.

Declan had been in the shelter for 6+ months for the second time and was a week away from his "kill date" when he came home. He gets an extra hug just for that every day. :lovestruck:

Sass_829
March 23rd, 2007, 08:29 AM
Wow mummummum, that's pretty crazy! Kudos to you for taking him in:thumbs up and saving him!

I was reading through the posts again, and the lady whom I e-mailed about the cat, has changed her add giving a bigger explanation as to why she is giving up her cat that she claims to love so much. The part about the allergies was still there though:sad: I can only hope that she finds a really good home.:fingerscr