-->

Another Anti-Puppy Mill Demo in QC, March 30

luckypenny
March 21st, 2007, 03:53 PM
http://nocache.homestead.com/MiliceAnimaleMilitia/page04.html

luckypenny
March 21st, 2007, 03:56 PM
March 30th in Quebec City.

The English translation is further down the page on the site. Also, at the end of the page, you'll find info on the last demonstration held in Montreal last Sunday.

rainbow
March 21st, 2007, 06:52 PM
Mr. Charest refused in writing our invitation and we never heard back from Mr. Dumont or Mr. Boisclair. That tells us a lot about their concern regarding animal wellbeing...

To all concerned: Remember that come voting time.

I hope they get a good turnout in Quebec City. :fingerscr

Prin
March 21st, 2007, 07:15 PM
Honestly, expecting them to attend a rally 4 days after the election is expecting too much.:o JMO...

coppperbelle
March 21st, 2007, 07:29 PM
Honestly, expecting them to attend a rally 4 days after the election is expecting too much.:o JMO...

I was thinking the same thing. The guys have been working non-stop for the last 30 days. At least Charest had the decency to respond. :)

luckypenny
March 21st, 2007, 07:45 PM
The Gathering NO PUPPY MILLS! took place
on March 18, 2007, at Park Jarry. We took the opportunity
to discuss on the necessity of obtaining the mandate of
application of the RSQ chapter P-42, section IV.1.1 for SPA,
SPCA and the Militia for @nimals in Quebec, in order to
adequately and promptly intervene in cruelty/neglect/abuse
cases.

Mr. Charest refused in writing our invitation and we never heard back from Mr. Dumont or Mr. Boisclair. That tells us a lot about their concern regarding animal wellbeing...

I think this comment was referring to the March 18th demonstration.

Prin
March 21st, 2007, 07:47 PM
Either way. I mean, they're public figures, but they're not robots...:o

rainbow
March 21st, 2007, 08:17 PM
But, couldn't they have sent someone to represent them?

luckypenny
March 21st, 2007, 08:42 PM
I don't want to start a debate here, but this is a current social issue that is a concern to the public. I would think that prior to an election is the appropriate time for political leaders to listen to and address what concerns the public so we know where they stand. I would like to clearly know where they stand on this topic as well as others that are important to me as a voting citizen.

Frenchy
March 21st, 2007, 08:48 PM
I don't think I ever heard any one of them talk about animals rights :mad:

rainbow
March 21st, 2007, 10:27 PM
I don't want to start a debate here, but this is a current social issue that is a concern to the public. I would think that prior to an election is the appropriate time for political leaders to listen to and address what concerns the public so we know where they stand. I would like to clearly know where they stand on this topic as well as others that are important to me as a voting citizen.

I agree with you 100% ....make them publicly announce where they stand.

Furbaby Momma
March 22nd, 2007, 07:06 AM
Thank You Lucky Penny,
There should be no debate here, PLEASE lets keep this thread positive!

Please keep all negative responces out of this thread, this is a very important thread. If you do not want to support this that is your right to do so, but lets keep this thread open to positive encouragement.

Fighting for the rights of animals is hard enough, so when we have a chance to show support towards making a change in the laws of cruelty to animals.
Lets do it, because together we can make a difference.

Your animal loving friend,
Furbaby Momma :thumbs up :cat: :pawprint: :dog: :pawprint: :love:

Furbaby Momma
March 24th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Hello Animal Lovers,

I hope everyone has circled their calendar, and will show their support for changing the laws for animal cruelty, and no more puppy mills!

Call and see what can be done to help...if they need posters hung up, or phones to be answered, there are so many ways everyone can help. :thumbs up

Together we will and can make a difference,
One paw print at a time,
Thank You :pawprint: :love:

Furbaby Momma
March 28th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Just a gentle reminder that April 30th is two days away, to show your support to help make a difference for the animals.

We, all of you and I are the voices for the animals to be heard, please don't just sit and say oh that poor animal(s) shouldn't of suffered when you read about it in the paper....AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN!!!!

Do something about it, here is an opportunity to physically show your support please participate so that all animals can live a life of dignity.

Thank You, from the bottom of my paw printed heart to your paw printed hearts. :pawprint: :love:

chico2
March 28th, 2007, 08:28 AM
It certainly is a very important issue,one that gets forgotten until we see the next horror-pics from yet another puppy-mill bust.:yell:
I hope there will be a huge turnout,with the election over,there should be more people able to focus on the rights of our animals:fingerscr

Furbaby Momma
March 29th, 2007, 09:23 AM
How Much Is That Puppy In The Window?

My bones ache, my muscles sore, so tired I have grown, I sit within the small confines of this tiny cage I call home.

Many friends surround me, lots of different breeds, They too share my aches and pains, with no humans to tend our needs.

I am a bitch or so they call me, I hear its not a bad name, Lots of puppies I have whelped, to them its just a game.

I sit and watch day after day, so many puppies being born, Where do they go, what happens to them, when from their Moms they're torn?

I can see the grass growing tall and green, I long to sniff and feel it. I've never walked upon that field nor have they let me near it.

Instead I walk upon this screen so hard, so rough so cold. My feet ache, my toes are sore, I'm exhausted and feel so old.

My friends have told they lived in places, long before this one. Where humans touched them every day and with children they could run.

I long to have just one human pet and kiss me, and maybe play a game. I know it will never happen, but I wish it all the same.

Instead they bring another dog and toss him in with me, Another litter I must bear, there's no end that I can see.

The little girl that sits beside me, cried out the other day, She screamed out loud then limp she went and the pups were taken away.

She was gone but just a day, when her sister was beside me, she too had some more puppies, so small and weak and tiny.

The other day they came and checked me, while my puppies were being born, "This ones too big, there's no use now, her insides are too torn"

The scooped me up, it hurt so bad, the blood was everywhere, They never tried to help me, they didn't seem to care.

They took me to that big green field, and laid me on the ground, The smell was heaven, and the ground so soft, I tried to look around.

They covered me with more soft soil, I had nothing to fear. I closed my eyes and just relaxed, I knew the end was near.

No longer do I imagine the feel of human touch, or how it feels to run and play, here I have so much.

There is a great big colored bridge, and fields that go forever, I'm happy, I'm home, I'm someone's friend, it couldn't get much better.

"Written by"
Kathy Coffman

Together we can make a difference, please show your support tomorrow, in helping to change the laws for Stopping Puppy Mills.
From my paw printed heart to your paw printed hearts,
Furbaby Momma :pawprint: :love:

luckypenny
March 29th, 2007, 09:33 AM
How can anyone read this without crying? Thanks for posting it Furbaby Momma. I wish I could put it up on every pet store window and internet classified ads that sell puppies.

chico2
March 29th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Furbaby Momma,don't know what to say....just so very sad:sad:
I can imagine if a poor little/big dog is living this nightmare,this is exactly would she would have said,were she able too:sad:

Frenchy
March 29th, 2007, 12:38 PM
I hope there will be a huge turnout,

I don't think so Chico2, it's on a Friday :sad: lots of people will be working.

luckypenny
March 29th, 2007, 02:38 PM
You're right Frenchy, but everyone can always write a letter voicing their concerns: http://www.mapaq.gouv.qc.ca/Fr/nousjoindre/formulairequestions.htm
Address it to Martine Dubuc, sub-minister of Agriculture Quebec, who this group, Milice Animal, has been invited to meet.

Furbaby Momma
March 30th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Thank you LuckyPenny for sharing that link. I have sent my letter to Ms. Dubuc in support of no puppy mills and today is the day this demo will take place.

Let's not waste anymore time and above all, animals...
We, the soul of the Militia for @nimals in Quebec, need your support
to stop the proliferation of puppy mills in our province.

While you were reading this page, while you were being informed, others died in these hells... And until the end of Anima-Quebec's power of attorney on March 31st, 2007, others will still follow that sad path. It's enough!!!

Furthermore, unless there is new soldiers involved in this fight, nothing will change
and animals will still die in the coming years...

DEMONSTRATION IN QUEBEC CITY ON MARCH 30, 2007, 12H00
IN FRONT OF THE MAPAQ BUILDING
LOCATED AT 200 CHEMIN SAINTE-FOY, CITY OF QUEBEC

We are privileged to accept the invitation of Mrs. Martine Dubuc, sub minister of the MAPAQ. We will meet with her on March 30, 2007. We will take this opportunity to explain our simple and efficient vision to create the DPA (Direction for the Protection of domestic Animals) under the ministry of justice, with the proxy to apply the dispositions of the RSQ P-42, which needs to be extended, more defined according to the needs of our customers, canine and feline.

We will also give her the list of the supporters of the Militia for @nimals in Quebec so she realizes that hundreds of citizens are in favor for a change, for a solution, and furthermore, at no additional cost to the minister...

We will present her all the files and photographs we have got regarding the puppy mills that are proliferating in our province. Should you have any information, please forward it to us so it is then given to Ms. Dubuc.

You are all cordialy invited to join us to hold a demonstration in front of their office on March 30. Bring along your loyal companion and any banner or placard you may have. She must know how concerned the population is about these animacides. We are their voices and we must use this tool to get adequate protection for their wellbeing.

Please contact us should you wish to join this party. Thank you for bringing a little disposal bag just in case your animal should get a sudden need to...

Should you not be able to be there, please write to Ms. Dubuc and explain how the proliferation of puppy mills and the laxity of our government affects and worries you.

Together a difference can be made...
Please you have the power to make this change, today is the day!
Thank You,
Furbaby Momma :love: :pawprint:

ArboretumGreg
March 31st, 2007, 12:28 PM
We held an all-candidates meeting a few days before the election in Beaconsfield and the question of animal protection did get raised. We have
to keep after the legislators. Unfortunately the issues were more or less set by the big parties and their backers. We have to keep after the news media, who usually don't bother with this issue, to keep it visible as well.

Furbaby Momma
April 2nd, 2007, 10:30 AM
Thank You, ArboretumGreg for all that you and the dedicated others are doing in trying to make a difference for the animals.

One day animals will not just be "property" but will be looked at as living...breathing...souls that deserve a life of dignity.

Keep up the great work as tiring as it is...The animals need our voices!
We can make a difference,
One paw print at a time,
Furbaby Momma :love: :pawprint: