Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Have to seperate vaccinations for everyone!

erykah1310
March 21st, 2007, 01:35 PM
Whoa, got a "friendly reminder" in the mail today bout yearly boosters. I brought Meik and Kita the same day last year and it works out that Bailey is due to return that day as well!
Bit of an overload here!:eek:

Anyways, I have no choice but to seperate the dates, is it alright if their vacc's are a bit late?:shrug:

mafiaprincess
March 21st, 2007, 01:38 PM
DHPP is on a three year protocol now..

http://www.aahanet.org/About_aaha/vaccine_guidelines06.pdf

erykah1310
March 21st, 2007, 01:44 PM
I just asked the vet about that, and they said No...:frustrated:
I expressed my concern about over vaccinating and they brushed me off :yell:
They are saying Meik is due for rabies, but Kita was on bi-annual vacc for that.
When I inquired about titer testing, the tech said, " oh thats way too expensive, really you're better off doing the needles." Really I dont care about the cost of the test, if i want it, why are you talking me out of it?

And of course, the whole " theres a note too on your file about raw feeding, the vet wants to talk to you about this":yell:

Aurgh! They're MY dogs !

mafiaprincess
March 21st, 2007, 01:47 PM
That's when I'd find a new clinic..
They were pushing for an annual DHPP on Cider I came with the AAHA guidelines, he told me I was wrong.. Turns out they had the 2003 guidelines and I had the 2006 ones..

He shut up and I got my way.. Sounds liek your crew is being pushed on for more vaccs than you need hun. Bi annual rabies? Why?

Prin
March 21st, 2007, 02:59 PM
Yep, rabies and DHPP are every 3 years now... Maybe you should print out the guidelines and bring them with you.;)

Skryker
March 21st, 2007, 03:03 PM
I really wish the city here would clue in to the fact that rabies can be given every three years. We have to have it done yearly. :frustrated: Even though they do $15 clinics for rabies vaccine, it's not about the money, it's about over vaccinating. :frustrated:

mummummum
March 21st, 2007, 04:41 PM
Wow, every year that's bizarre not to mention dangerous for your animals~ any petfriendlies on your City Council ?

Prin
March 21st, 2007, 04:44 PM
The city here requires a "valid rabies shot" but it doesn't specify how often. As long as you can prove the dog's vaccine is effective, you're ok. It's sad that some towns specify a time. Times change. :sad:

Skryker
March 21st, 2007, 04:49 PM
Wow, every year that's bizarre not to mention dangerous for your animals~ any petfriendlies on your City Council ?

In a word, no. :sad: This is the city where dogs are not allowed in all but 2 parks-and they are only allowed in part of of 1 of those 2. Technically, where we go for a run is not dog-allowed, and they're definitely not supposed to be off-leash. :o

I think I will call and ask about the wording of that bylaw. I know that the bylaw enforcement guys look for the yearly tag. Maybe I can get my vet on my side, too. :fingerscr