Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gomez is Home!!!

gomez
March 21st, 2007, 01:25 AM
We went this morning (weds) to collect him!

We used their lovely hydro-baths to give him a really good shampooing, get all the mud and "stuff" off him and brought him home -

He went absolutely mad running around the house, zoomies! Up the stairs, down the stairs, out on the patio, trying to discover as much as possible in the shortest time...

I had put his beds we brought from the UK all over the house and his toys also, so he would feel more at home, he has already been playing...

Then we had a few visitors who had heard he was coming and wanted to meet him

Then we went for a walk around the local park and then lunch and a big nap!

He had a vet appointment and all is well, except that he gained 2.5 kilos in 1 month :eek: Vet said he was not too worried, that once he goes back to his level of excercise and a bit less food he will be fine again...

Apparently we have to check him for ticks every day here, and Frontline every 2 weeks to avoid the nasty paralysis ticks -

SO that's it! As soon as I have a connection, I willpost some photos of Gomez "upside down"!

Prin
March 21st, 2007, 01:28 AM
Wow, that's a bad tick issue...:eek:

Congrats on your new arrival!! ;)

I'm so glad he got home to you safely. I hope he settles in well (and you get some pics! :D). Good luck! :goodvibes: :highfive:

rainbow
March 21st, 2007, 01:38 AM
YAY....Gomez is home. :highfive: I bet you are both sooo happy. :cloud9: Looking forward to new pics. :lovestruck:

TeriM
March 21st, 2007, 01:39 AM
Hooray. You must be soooo happy :crazy: . Looking forward to lots of pics.

angeldogs
March 21st, 2007, 03:06 AM
Finally Gomez is home.great news.:fingerscr :goodvibes: so he don't get any ticks.will be looking out for lots of pics.

Mahealani770
March 21st, 2007, 06:56 AM
Ok, Im out of the loop. Where has Gomez been? :confused:

hazelrunpack
March 21st, 2007, 09:25 AM
Welcome home, Gomez! :thumbs up Watch out for those Icky Ticks! :dog:

Puppyluv
March 21st, 2007, 10:28 AM
Mahealani, Gomez was in quarantine because he and his family moved from the UK to Australia.

Glad to hear Gomez is home:dog:

Hunter's_owner
March 21st, 2007, 10:39 AM
So glad to hear that you got Gomez home now. :cloud9:

mummummum
March 21st, 2007, 10:55 AM
Wahoot for Gomez ! I'll bet you thought this day would never come !!

Prin
March 21st, 2007, 03:30 PM
How's he doing? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

rainbow
March 21st, 2007, 05:47 PM
I bet they're having too much fun together to answer right now. :D

gomez
March 21st, 2007, 08:04 PM
Gomez is doing great!

We were actually sleeping as you were posting - we are now 14 hours ahead of Canada (east coast)

The evening went very well, we played, went out for our bedtime walk and he slept in his bed in our bedroom - he woke up barking a few times, but he is still getting used to new noises and new house sounds, etc...

This morning he has been out for a walk and is now playing in the patio, discovering all kinds of new things!

He is following me everywhere, even to the loo and he absolutely loves running up and down the stairs 50 times a day! At this rate, he'll be back ideal weight in no time!

I called his vet in London last night and they told me last time they saw him he weighed 7.5 kilos, and now he weighs 8.8, so really he only gained about 1 kilo (2.2 punds) - for some reason the quarantine told me his initial weight was 6 kilos - the UK vet attributes this to dehydration on the flight over, just like humans - no matter how much we drink we get dehydrated on flights...

So, in sum - he is FINE! I think this whole episode was harder on us than on Gomez...

So happy to have him home and fur everywhere!

:dog:

Frenchy
March 21st, 2007, 08:07 PM
I'm glad you got Gomez back, it must had be real hard for you to be apart !

Mocha's mum
March 21st, 2007, 08:18 PM
That's fantastic news!! I'm so happy for you and Gomez!:D

So....where are the pictures??!! :laughing: