Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Yup, must be -5 out side

erykah1310
March 20th, 2007, 10:04 AM
I hate my car!:frustrated:
Again today it wont start:frustrated:
I swear, If there is a lemon to be purchased... I'm the one whos gonna buy it:mad:
Anyone whos going car shopping and doesnt want to get the lemon of the bunch... JUST ASK WHICH ONE I WOULD BUY! that way you're guaranteed not to get the lemon:yell:
It was plugged in, backed in the driveway so the wind wasnt blowing right at the motor... still WONT START!:yell:

Sorry for the rant... Im ticked! Wanted to go shopping today and head over to the optomitrists cause Im also getting blinder and blinder by the day ( but thats a whole other rant)

erykah1310
March 20th, 2007, 10:10 AM
After a bit of thinking, these are my stats! lol See what I mean!

Transmissions:
1- Firebird ( auto)
3- Camaro ( manual)

Clutches
1- Camaro
1- Danger Ranger
1- Ol Faithful
1- Sunbird

Head gaskets
1- Mistake ( aka Mystique)

Heater Core
1- Camaro
1- Mistake

Vehicles that refused to start in 0 degree weather.
Mistake
Firebird (actually this one had to be blow dried daily to start, yup with a hair dryer)
Danger Ranger
Grand Prix

Sigh. Clearly I am a jinxed.

CyberKitten
March 20th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I can understand the car rant and sorry to hear all your probs but what's wrong with -5. We were jumping for joy when it was -5 here last week, it has now gone up to -1 so it is wonderful!!!!! It was actually 10 one day, amazing!!!

Prin
March 20th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Erykah, my car is 11 years old and I have barely maintained it since I went back to school. The check engine light is on and I can't afford to do anything about it. But my car starts. It ALWAYS starts, even when it really doesn't want to.:o Then again, it's Japanese. :o

Sooo many people I know with american cars say they got a lemon. Well, yeah. Statistically, they're ALL lemons. Time to fall in love with a Civic, IMO.:D

CyberKitten
March 20th, 2007, 03:24 PM
My first car was a Honda Civic - a little Blue one,. I loved it, I still love it, lol (Tho it is long gone to the great car place in the sky or the recycle bin or wherever cars go, lol)

Prin
March 20th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah, Civic's have the highest loyalty of any car. Last I heard it was 85% of Civic owners would buy another Civic. :thumbs up I'm pretty loyal to honda though.. Not necessarily Civic... I'd love a Fit. :cloud9:

AliSam
March 20th, 2007, 11:57 PM
I am a 100% Honda Girl. I have a 99 Civic & I would buy another in a heartbeat. She is my baby (she can also be a real b!tch). We had a small blowing snow storm recently when she was parked outside (only the garage is good enough for her). The windchill was brutal. When I "tried" to move her to shovel around her, she wouldn't start. We tried for over an hour. We tried to boost her, everything there was no way. We left her in the cold. Two days later when it had warmed up I went to start her up, she started immediately and has started up every day since (I told you she can be a real b!tch). I commute 150km a day and there is no way I would drive anything else. I just have to make sure she is parked in the garage when the weather is windy & wet.

Prin
March 21st, 2007, 01:31 AM
Have you ever changed your alternator? I don't know why, but when my dad's old honda accord died when it was humid, it was the alternator.:shrug:

Only once in the fall after I hadn't driven my car for 2 weeks did it have trouble starting... It wouldn't start so I thought it was maybe the slope of the driveway, so I tried to move it but it was stuck in a rut, and I ended up just being able to rock it a little :o, but after being rocked, it started. :p :laughing:

Erykah, you should pick up the Consumer Reports for April (it's out now). It has all the ratings for used cars and stuff, and you can compare yours with others... Maybe it would help you choose better next time...:o

MyBirdIsEvil
March 21st, 2007, 03:19 AM
That's what happens when you buy American cars :laughing:

Ok that's a generalization, but the cars you had trouble with aren't exactly known for their reliability :o

I agree civics are good cars if you want reliability.

We have a mercury grand marquis as our main vehicle. Not as reliable as a civic but LOTS of room, comfortable, HUGE trunk if you need to transport stuff, and handles rougher terrain than a smaller car (we have lots of crappy dirt roads and stuff). It also gets pretty good gas mileage for a car of that size. Plus you can get them really cheap.
It does look like something a 90 yr old woman would be driving though :D

AliSam
March 21st, 2007, 09:45 AM
Yes Prin, I am thinking it could be my alternator. I am also thinking that there is something with my wires. Because it seems to be with blowing rain/snow I am thinking that my wires need to be re-covered or something. My AC pump/hose is rattling something fierce too but I was told not to worry about it since it is an expensive repair. My AC works so I just have to put up with the annoying noise.

Prin
March 21st, 2007, 04:24 PM
That's the thing with Honda's too- a lot of the time the most expensive parts are the most frivolous ones, so you never really have to change them (unless you have a wad to burn :D). I'm still on my original muffler and alternator after almost 11 years... Pretty crazy..:o

One time, I saw an old accord get into an accident, and the car was smoking, but he still managed to drive it to the garage.:D It was probably a terribly unsafe idea, but it managed to get there anyway.:D

CyberKitten
March 21st, 2007, 07:26 PM
The first year I had my Civic, we had horrid winter conditions(I had just learned to drive too) and it had front wheel drive and OMG, it was so great compared to so me others - esp North American cars!

I think I'll get another one - I am sooooo nostalgic!!!! (But I;'d like a Smart Car too or Hybrid, lol My mustang looks so frivolous now! But it was a gift so there, lol)

erykah1310
March 21st, 2007, 09:37 PM
I will never buy a smart car... I really dont care what they say about the reinforced cage thing... I saw pics of an accident with a smart car and a transport. NO THANKS.
The driver clearly did NOT survive it was impossible for him to.
I do not believe their safety claims one bit. Basically its a golf cart that goes pretty darn fast. Not my idea of safe.
A hybrid, any day.
We have 2 Ford Escape Hybrids at work, I love it!!!