Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitty Boogers & a Fagan Update

krdahmer
March 19th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Ok... so I'm back again... Fagan is doing well, the holistic approach and a couple depomedrols to boost the effects seem to be doing the trick, his fur is growing back and I can even see stripes on his thighs now. YAY! :goodvibes: It only took a year...lol!
Anyhow, my Palomine has a booger problem. He sneezes on occassion, nothing to indicate upper resp. or the like, eats normal, loves to play and cuddle, seems to smell/sniff fine, but gets a LOT of dry crusty black boogers around and in his nostrils. I usually just clear them with my finger....yes I pick my cat's nose too...what we won't do eh.:shrug:
Just wondering if any of you have had this? The vet suggested taking him in to the bathroom when we shower so he gets the steam (lol just like they used to do for me when I was little) and we have fish tanks which keep the house pretty moist. Any ideas? Boogers hangin out doesn't seem to bother him, but then he is male. :laughing:

krdahmer
March 19th, 2007, 11:55 PM
This is Palomine. The black around his nose here is just his markings. Right now the clear and white side of his nose usually has a black crust. And one was hanging right out of the marked side of his nose today.:yuck:

krdahmer
November 15th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Ok I have been searching and searching for a certain thread... I'll put this here because it has to do with Palomine's nose again. A while back there was a thread where someone posted pictures of a discolouration on their cat's nose... anyone know where I can find it? I've been searching and can't seem to. Palomine now has a slight discolouration, almost like a bruise just up on the left side of his nose that I think looks like what I remember seeing in that pic. I want to check it out if any of you happen to recall where it is. :)

TeriM
November 16th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Is this the thread you were looking for?
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=45930&highlight=cat+nose

Could he have some allergies possibly?

krdahmer
November 17th, 2007, 10:31 AM
YES! Thank you!

Upon a closer inspection of it though, at first he didn't want me touching it, it looks more like he just took a good swipe in the nose. Two spots are slightly scabby under the fur and it looks bruised. No doubt from driving Smoke crazy, maybe she finally fought back. I'm just gonna keep a close eye on it for now.

ancientgirl
November 17th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Yes, I've been known to have a go at Vlad's nose. I don't think what he's had is boogies though. It's more like crusty fur or something. Maybe it is boogies, I don't know, but it's not something he gets often. His main issue is eye boogies, which I check and clean daily.