Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Test The Nation's I.Q.. like to try it?

Shamrock
March 19th, 2007, 05:20 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/testthenation/takethetest

Are you smarter than the average Canadian?:D

This national I.Q testing program was aired on CBC last night..and is available to take online if you would like to test your own results, or just read the results of others. They're broken down into some interesting... and amusing categories. ( hair colour.. star sign):rolleyes:
Men came in slightly higher in the scoring results than women.

I'm a pretty boring average with a score of 110. Why do I always "think" I'm going to do better at these things.?:D ;) :sad:
Of the six categories and sixty questions.. I did well in language and memory...but poorly in perception and math.:shrug:

But... a pretty sharp group here.:) I'm guessing the I.Q results of Pets.ca members is above average.:thumbs up

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 06:02 PM
What if I take it and then I find out I'm a moron? I wouldn't be able to handle that. Better to live in ignorance. :laughing:

(I'll do it later...:D)

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 06:27 PM
lol I only got a 116.:sad: I got nearly perfect on the math, visual memory and memory, but I crashed and burned in the logic part. I never could do those pattern things.:o :sad:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 19th, 2007, 06:58 PM
I started doing it but then I stopped. I suck at math, if I do bad I will just be depressed.:o

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah, there are a lot of things wrong with IQ tests... They only really test for a few different types of people, not all. You can still be smart even if you're not mathy. :shrug: I've also heard bilingual people tend to do worse on them than unilingual people. :shrug: Not an exact science.

RolandsMom
March 19th, 2007, 07:07 PM
oh that was stressful! i only got 102 Prin! (granted i was on the phone for four of the questions...ahem...) i suck at math!!!!! totally and utterly!

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 07:12 PM
lol It's too distracting on the computer eh? I had two messengers going, pets.ca on, plus that quaker ad at the bottom flashes and it's annoying.... excuses excuses... :laughing:

RolandsMom
March 19th, 2007, 07:17 PM
hehe. the excuses work for me....im far brighter than a mere 102....(im world wise not math wise.....)

~michelle~
March 19th, 2007, 09:12 PM
this is fun so long as noone thinks its their actual IQ.... one IQ tests are flawed and this was a small sample of IQ test like questions. but they are fun to do according to this chris is smarter than me :(

Kocela
March 19th, 2007, 09:21 PM
this is fun so long as noone thinks its their actual IQ.... one IQ tests are flawed and this was a small sample of IQ test like questions. but they are fun to do according to this chris is smarter than me :(

ya but not by that much :) you're still my genius :thumbs up but maybe now you will listen to me a little bit more :laughing:

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 09:38 PM
lol or less. She can plead ignorance.:D :laughing:

So michelle, you're saying I might be even dumber? Aww...:sad: :laughing:

brandynva
March 19th, 2007, 10:01 PM
How many blooming questions is on this test??:frustrated: I know I'm not Canadian, but I"m curious if I measure up. I'm on the visual memory now. I think I already did that with memorize this picture stuff. :rolleyes: I am so bad...

brandynva
March 19th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Ok I feel dumb. I got a 93. lol I hate being timed. I felt really stressed because of that dumb clock going round. How is THAT for an excuse?? hehe

Byrd
March 19th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Yikes, that was hard. I only scored 104, most IQ tests I do I get around 116.

My best was the memory, worst logic, I just can't get those "what comes next" questions. :shrug:

~michelle~
March 19th, 2007, 10:23 PM
no prin you would be an uber genius!!! esp in puppy knowledge IQ

and chris dont think im going to start listening to you any more.....

trippincherri
March 19th, 2007, 10:24 PM
I bombed that quiz :confused: I always thought I was so darn smart too. :D

I got a 98 which is surprising because I too have scored high in other IQ tests.
I agree with the being timed brandynva, it stresses me out then I usually end up guessing the answer.

I seem to be the only one who does well with the perception questions, I nearly got them all right :p and same with the language, though you would never know by looking at my horrible language use in here.

Byrd
March 19th, 2007, 10:45 PM
The timer!!!! :yell:

I scored perfect on both memory parts!!! :thumbs up

TeriM
March 19th, 2007, 11:47 PM
110. I bombed on the logic part :frustrated: .

Puppyluv
March 20th, 2007, 12:55 AM
142! It''s not a very good reflection of a real Iq test, but at least for me, it provided pretty similar results to the real thing.:shrug:

Shamrock
March 20th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Wow, puppyluv, that is an amazing score!:thumbs up Well done!

Yeah, these I.Q. games are fun, but definitely not to be taken too seriously. As mentioned they have many flaws.:shrug:
I did the test via the t.v. last night,and just checked online for the scoring chart. The 10 or so seconds they allowed on tv to compute it didnt quite get it for me..:rolleyes:

Looking this over, I saw that the age factor brought up my result considerably;) The older you are.. the higher you rank for your number of correct answers.
I suppose younger people are expected to do better on these things.

I guessed at many answers, those box diagram things especially..:frustrated:
And... the puzzle thing at the end? Got every one wrong.:D
I hate puzzles.:D

MyBirdIsEvil
March 20th, 2007, 01:26 AM
I only got 113.

I can't ever friggin do timed stuff.
I'm not a quick thinker at all, if I have a little time to figure stuff out I usually score at or near 100% on stuff like that, but time it and I crash and burn.

I know I don't suck at math because I've scored really high on a lot of math tests, but I need time to think of the answer!
Plus I hear the timer going "beep...beep...beep" and I'm like OH CRAP *clicks anything*. 2 seconds after I click I'm thinking "why the heck did I click that?" and I'm already running out of time on the current question thinking about the last question, grrr.

I guess I don't do well under pressure :laughing:

LynLyn
March 20th, 2007, 01:55 AM
I got 108 yay? I may have fluked some of the questions that i guessed on though

Loves Labs
March 20th, 2007, 08:59 AM
How long does it take to do?

I am at work and don't want to get caught...:o

Shamrock
March 20th, 2007, 02:12 PM
LovesLabs, the test questions are timed, takes about 10 min roughly to complete.
My hubby tried the online version last night... results pretty much the same as mine.:)
I'd guess that the vast majority of people fall into the same rough percentage of scoring on such tests.:shrug:

Loves Labs
March 20th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Ok, I finally did it - under the pressure of worrying my boss was going to come into my office at any moment...

I got 119....the timer just scared me...as does all things math.

Kristin7
March 21st, 2007, 12:50 PM
Ok, finally woke up enough to do this... got a 117. I did pretty well in most areas but totally bombed the visual memory part. I know I am not great at this anyway, but that video part, well, I thought i had my sound turned up enough but didn't, so spent much of it trying to hear and adjusting the sound, ugh! Funny, my best part was language... would have thought it would have been math or logic.