Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Little Zakky at the bridge

marko
March 19th, 2007, 10:07 AM
It is with intense sadness and an incessant flow of tears that I write that our little Zakky passed away early this morning. He was 15. We knew his time was coming because he was very ill, and yet he didn't 'seem' ill except for weight loss. We thought we had a month or two left with him and we were not ready to discover that he had passed on when we woke up this morning.

Yesterday was our last day with him, and like recent days we gave him treats, and tons (I mean TONS) of cuddles. We also did 1 last photo shoot with him and I'm glad we did.

Zak was a beautifully loving cat though it took him a while to get that way. When we adopted him, he barely wanted to be in the same room with us. But month by month he would approach us when we were resting or relaxing until after a couple of years, he would lie on the same couch or bed with us (but only at the corner and not facing us). It took him many years until he was ready to fully bond with us. Just like a cat though, when he was ready, boy was he ready. He ran to the door every time one of us came in and he would follow us all over the place especially on weekends. He allowed us to swing him, cuddle him and manipulate him in any contortion like pose that we chose for him. He loved belly rubs and would often plop himself down when we passed by him in order to get those rubs. He knew what he was doing. In the last 6-7 years just looking at Zak would cause him to purr with sheer delight - and when we petted him he looked like he was experiencing pure euphoria.

And that's how I want to remember him...purring euphorically with loving kindness.

Rest peacefully sweet Zak. You'll always be in our hearts and we'll always love you.

Thanks so much dear members for all the personal support I've received. It really helps. :grouphug:

Here is the last photo we took of Zak just yesterday. Rest in peace my sweet Angel. :cat: :rip: :candle:

BusterBoo
March 19th, 2007, 10:16 AM
:rip: I am so sorry to hear of your loss....

Run free sweet Zakky :pray:

Winston
March 19th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Marko & Family

My heart goes out to you ! I personally have never had to deal with the loss of one of my own and I cannot even imagine! I am soo glad that you wasted no time in making him enjoy his last days! All those cuddles mean the world ! He is not in any pain anymore and Zak will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge!

This will be a Sad Day on this forum!

Rest in Peace Zak!

He sure was gorgeous! and very photogenic!

cpietra16
March 19th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Dear Marko and Carmy I send you my condolences. RIP Zak. You can now roam the world as free as the wind...
I have got to know you only through pictures and what a beauty you were.

:sad:

brandynva
March 19th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Our condolensces are with you at this sad time. I am glad you got to enjoy a few good last moments with Zac. :grouphug: :candle:

breeze
March 19th, 2007, 10:55 AM
I'm sooo sorry to hear about Zac. :candle: It is not easy knowing that you have little time with him and a harder time when it comes earlier than expected. Take comfort in knowing that you spoiled and love him on his last days with you , and now can run free of pain and illness at rainbow bridge. (tears flowing freely now). Be at peace :rip:

Loves Labs
March 19th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. :candle:
He was a gorgeous animal and take comfort in the wonderful time you had with him. :rip:

erykah1310
March 19th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Oh Marko, my deepest sympathy to you and your family.
Im so sorry to hear of Zaks passing.:sad:
:grouphug:

Frenchy
March 19th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Marko, I'm so sorry for your loss :sad: Zack was a lucky kitty to have such wonderful parents. :grouphug:

jessi76
March 19th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :rip: sweet Zak

badger
March 19th, 2007, 12:58 PM
It's hard to look at that little face, knowing he has gone.
You gave him a good life, respected him, loved him and threw him a fabulous going-away party, complete with his own feather boa!
Bravo. So sorry.

Copper'sMom
March 19th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Oh Marko, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family. Zak was one very lucky kitty.:grouphug:

Dog Dancer
March 19th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Marko & Family, my deepest condolences to you all. Everybody here knows your grief and gives their support. Zak was already in heaven from the day you adopted him you know! Now he's free with no pain and waiting at the bridge for his loving family sometime down the road. :rip: sweet Zak, you passed with a loving family.

Furbaby Momma
March 19th, 2007, 01:26 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, tears are welling up in my eyes knowing how much this hurts. You and your family were lucky to have such a beautiful cat Zak...he really lucked out that day you adopted him. :cloud9:

Till you meet again on the other side of the rainbow bridge,
Take Care Marko and family :grouphug:

Mahealani770
March 19th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Oh dear, I've been hoping not to see this thread as I knew it would be terribly sad. Marko, I am truly sorry to hear of Zak's passing. I am practically bawling at my desk, knowing the pain you're feeling. Zakky is running with all our furbabies at the brige, experiencing no pain. His gorgeous last picture is on the wall and it's with deep compassion and sympathy that I place it there.
:grouphug: :candle: :rip: Zakky

AliSam
March 19th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Marko and family. He is now running at the bridge with my little Ali free from pain. :rip: baby boy.

phoenix
March 19th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Marko and family,
I'm so sorry for your loss of Zak. What a beautiful picture you have of him. Although his passing was sudden, I hope that you take comfort in the fact that he chose his time without suffering too much and enjoying his last days with you :grouphug:

meb999
March 19th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Marko and Carmy -- I'm so sorry for your loss. We all know how much you loved Zak, he will be missed. Sending lots of hugs in these difficult times :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

TeriM
March 19th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I am so sad to hear of Zak's passing. Your love for him and his to you was a wonderful gift that I know you will cherish always. I am so sorry it was earlier than expected but find comfort that after your wonderful day together Zak gifted you one final loving gesture in his peaceful departure for the bridge :angel: :candle: .

What Is A Cat?

Gentle eyes that see so much,
paws that have the quiet touch.

Purrs to signal "all is well"
and show more love than words can tell.

Graceful movements touched with pride,
a calming presence by our side.

A friendship that will last and grow,
small wonder why we love them so.

Author Unknown

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I'm so sorry Marko. :grouphug: Zak had a great life with you and Carmy. He's even smiling in that last pic. :cloud9: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :rip: :sad:

papillonmama
March 19th, 2007, 04:31 PM
We are so sorry for your loss, to you and yours, our deepest condolences. :candle:

Shamrock
March 19th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Marko, I'm so saddened to read this news of your precious and beautiful Zak.:sad:
My deepest condolences to you and Carmy.:candle:
Though Zak had been ill.. one can never "prepare" for the intense grief of losing them. It's devastating whenever it comes, and my heart truly goes out to you.:grouphug:

Your dearest boy enjoyed a long and wonderful life. Tenderly cared for, showered with kindess and affection, he surely passed in peaceful contentment, surrounded by the soothing warmth of knowing he was so completely loved.:love:

For our animal companions, this is the ultimate we can bestow on them, until the day we fear and dread arrives.. and they are called home.:sad:

Your boy's time on earth was blessed, Marko, to have shared your home and your love. I hope this knowledge will offer you some comfort in the days ahead.
God speed dear Zak.:rip: as you run to the Bridge.:angel: :grouphug:

chico2
March 19th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Oh Marko,my tears are flowing freely,I was going to ask how Zak was doing,but you gave me the sad answer:sad:
I don't really know what to say,other than I am really sorry and I know you will miss this lovely little boy terribly.
They are tiny little creatures but leave a big empty space in our hearts when they are gone:sad:
My condolences to you and you wife,so sorry:pawprint:

RolandsMom
March 19th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Im so sad to hear of your loss. he was much loved and is now at peace. :grouphug: :rip: Zak

happycats
March 19th, 2007, 06:19 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to and your family.
What a beautiful picture, It's great that you were able to get such a wonderful picture.

R.I.P sweet little Zak :candle:

Remember Our Love

I was chosen today
I'm learning to fly
the world took me away,
but please don't you cry

And I chose you today
to try and be strong
so please don't you cry
and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone
just remember our love,
I'm up near the stars
looking down from above.

Remember our love
In a moment you'll see
that I'm still here beside you
when you're thinking of me.

Julie Epp

marko
March 19th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks so much everyone for these condolences.

It's a hard day today and I'll respond better in this thread tomorrow morning.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Sincerely,

Marko

jesse's mommy
March 19th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Marko, I'm so sorry for you and Carmy's loss. :grouphug:

otter
March 19th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Marko, I'm so sorry that Zak is gone. What an angel he is.:angel:

If any comfort, know that your loss is shared by many, I know there have been many a tear shed as we read of his passing. :sad: :rip:

I'm sure my Chloe welcomed him with a warm nuzzle when he arrived at the bridge.

Hunter's_owner
March 19th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Marko, I am so so so sorry :sad: It is such a horribly sad thing to have to go through, but you gave Zak a wonderful life and did everything you could for him.

My condolences are with you and your family:grouphug:

:rip: Zak

Byrd
March 19th, 2007, 08:31 PM
:rip: Zak.

:grouphug: For Marko and family.

That is a truly beautiful picture.

dmc123
March 19th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Thank you Marko and family, for loving Zak so much that you are so sad that he is gone. He knew you loved him. It is a great thing, to be loved so much!

wdawson
March 19th, 2007, 09:41 PM
marko and family

so sorry to hear of your loss.treasure that photo he looks so content.

mummummum
March 19th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Despite your sadness, grief and incredible sense of loss, let the knowledge that you met, knew and loved an animal ~and more importantly, were loved eventually, completely by an animal. Zak found you, as you found him, make no mistake. And now, Zak has found peace from this world, may you find peace in his memory.

Peepmouse
March 19th, 2007, 10:05 PM
:rip: Zak.
He looked so peaceful in that picture, and passing so peacefully in his sleep, made his crossing over the bridge easier. You were blessed with 15 wonderful years, and have so many happy memories and pictures of him to be treasured. We're the lucky ones aren't we, that we've been blessed with the privilege of having these wonderful creatures to love and care for... My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family, Marko.:grouphug:

Shaykeija
March 19th, 2007, 10:20 PM
:sorry: for your loss.

hazelrunpack
March 19th, 2007, 10:59 PM

Shamrock
March 20th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Happycats, what a touching and beautiful poem you've included in your post.
I've never seen this one before,.. brought a tear to my eye. :angel:

marko
March 20th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks you so much everyone. Just reading your posts makes the eyes water up all over again... it's the sharp pain of missing a loved one - and seeing that last picture. Did he have to be SO damn cute?

I cannot tell you what an incredible feeling it is to have this great community of people and friends that understand. Carmy and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts. :grouphug: :lovestruck:

I did quickly notice that other pets crossed the rainbow bridge recently as well and my condolences go out to their grieving owners.

Thanks again sweet members for all your support! :grouphug:

Sincerely,
Marko and Carmy

Skryker
March 20th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Marko, I just saw this thread. :grouphug: :grouphug: for you and Carmy. I'm so sorry that you didn't get all the time you thought you would have with Zak. I'm glad he went peacefully and that you have such a fantastic photo as a memento of his last day. :grouphug:

:rip: :candle: Zak.

Stacer
March 20th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I saw this thread yesterday and couldn't bring myself to post in it, it's just too sad, especially seeing that last photo of Zak. I'm sorry that he had to go, hopefully your family takes some comfort in knowing that he passed where he knew he was loved, in his own home.

cinnamon15
March 20th, 2007, 04:32 PM
I just came on this sight. I'm looking for answers about the choices between a mini dashund or a chihuahua. As I decided to look into the sight a bit further, this is the first thread I picked to read. It brought tears to my eyes, as our pets are such great gifts. I am terribly sorry for your loss.

JanM
March 20th, 2007, 05:25 PM
My heart goes out to you - even knowing the time is coming, it is never easy. Zak had a good life with you and he will always remember that - as will you.

You've helped one little friend have some wonderful years.

rainbow
March 20th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Marko, I just seen this thread now. :o I am so sorry to hear about Zak. :rip: :candle: My deepest condolences to you and Carmy. :grouphug: :grouphug: :candle:

Prin
March 20th, 2007, 06:42 PM
More :grouphug:'s for today.. It takes a while for it to get easier because you start to notice how much these little buggers fit into your daily routine. :sad:

I'm still so sorry, Marko and Carmy. Losing a pet is just terrible. :sad: :grouphug: :grouphug:

How's Ziglet handling it? :o

dogcatharmony
March 20th, 2007, 07:16 PM
oh how sad and heartbreaking to hear..........:grouphug:

CyberKitten
March 20th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww ((((Marko))))) I am so very sorry to hear of Zack's passing to the Bridge!!!

My hugs go out to you and your family!!! I know how difficult it is =- not that saying that makes it easier - but please know we'll all be thinking of you here in the Maritimes!! I really do hope all the wonderful times you all shared with this wonderful cat ease such tremendous loss:grouphug: :grouphug:

Quins-mum
March 20th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Im so sorry to hear about your loss.

I hope that when it is time for my babies to leave me, they go peacfull in their sleep too.

:rip: zack.

and you are so right, in the photo he does look "so darn Cute":pray:

Mocha's mum
March 21st, 2007, 10:08 PM
Marko, I know that words are of little solice in your time of grief, however, please know that there are so many people here that are thinking of you and praying for you and Carmy.

Mocha and my thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. :rip: sweet Zak.

mummummum
March 22nd, 2007, 12:41 AM
:grouphug: to you Marko, Carmy and Ziglet today ~ you are still in all of our thoughts and our hearts.

marshsparrow
March 22nd, 2007, 07:35 AM
Marko and Carmy - was so sorry to read this thread. Little Zakky and Burton are playing right now - I see them!

What a wonderful and blessed life you provided to Zakky.

Take strength in your loved ones.

rainbow
March 22nd, 2007, 03:42 PM
More HUGS for you, Carmy and Ziglet today. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

marko
March 25th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Just wanted to light a remembrance candle for little Zak. It's been just over a year since he has passed on.:candle:

It's been a hard year without you little buddy; you were so affectionate, so loving, so amazing. I remember holding you in my arms the night before you left us. I knew you wouldn't be with us much longer and I was already feeling incredibly sad. I miss you horribly and I'm sorry that I haven't been able to look at many pictures of you since you've reached the bridge. Your absence still hurts even after a year but I think it's time we start pulling out the pics in order to laugh and cry at all fun times we had with you.

We still miss you and love you l'il Zakky,
Marko and Carmy
:candle::rip::cat:

clm
March 25th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Funny how a year can seem to go by so quickly in some ways and so slowly in others. :grouphug:

I for one would love to see more pics of Zakky when you're up to it. You take such great pics and he was such a pretty cat. :candle:

Cindy

happycats
March 25th, 2008, 09:51 AM
:candle: Zak :candle:

breeze
March 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM
:candle::candle::candle: for Zakky

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: for you and your wife

Frenchy
March 25th, 2008, 12:08 PM
:grouphug: I'm sure Zak is looking over you :candle:

SARAH
March 25th, 2008, 12:14 PM
:candle: :candle: for Zak, such a pretty face

Love4himies
March 25th, 2008, 12:27 PM
:candle: Zak :candle:

loopoo
March 25th, 2008, 01:34 PM
:candle: what a beautiful kitty :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
March 25th, 2008, 02:02 PM
:candle: sweet Zak

FancyAppy
March 25th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Marko, I wish you many wonderful memories of sweet Zak to replace the tears with smiles. He is sending you all his love from Rainbows Bridge. I am sure you can feel it.My thoughts and prayers are with you as you remember precious Zak.

Please don't mourn for me I'm still here,
though you don't see I'm right by your
side each night and day
And within your heart I long to stay
My body is gone but I'm always near
I'm everything you feel, see or hear
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
As long as you keep me alive in your heart
I'll never wander out of your sight
I'm the brightest star on a summer night
I'll never be beyond your reach
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach
I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around
And the pure white snow that blankets the ground
I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond
The clear cool water in a quiet pond
I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in spring
The first warm raindrop that April will bring
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine
And you'll see that the face in the moon is mine
When you start thinking there's no one to love you
You can talk to me through the Lord above you
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees
And you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze
I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
And the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face
Just look for me, I'm everyplace...
AUTHOR UNKNOWN

kiara
March 25th, 2008, 04:43 PM
We are so sorry for your loss. He had 15 wonderful years with you. He has joined all the pets, big and small at the bridge. Rest in peace little angel. We have all lost animals in the past and we feel your pain.

Shaykeija
March 26th, 2008, 12:16 AM
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/Fluff1022/Misc/Lossofcat.jpg

:candle::candle::candle::candle:

growler~GateKeeper
March 26th, 2008, 01:16 AM
:candle: sweet :angel2: Zak

marko
March 26th, 2008, 09:54 AM
:grouphug:Thanks SO much dear members for your kind words and the support that you have shown me and many many other members :grouphug::grouphug:

Sincerely,

marko

chico2
March 26th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Marko,sorry I missed this,it's hard to believe it's been a year already.
Zak was a beautiful boy and of course you don't forget,I have 4 cats buried in my backyard,I still talk to them and they died a long time ago.
They all still have a corner of my heart.
We never forget these little angels(well,most of the time:cat:)but the grieving is replaced by memories,memories we can smile about,all the funny antics and the not so funny ones we remember.
I am sure Zak is in a wonderful place,forever greatful for the great life you gave him.:angel2:

Lukka'sma
March 26th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I Stood By Your Bed

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I purred to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times your hands reached out to me.

I was with you at the shops today, your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, you tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you every day.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is almost over... I smile and watch you yawning
And say, "Goodnight, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out... then come home to be with me.

Author Unknown

Such pain that we feel as we miss our loved ones is one of the hardest things to deal with. Be good to yourself Marco. My thoughts are with you and your wife at this difficult time.

rainbow
March 26th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Beautiful Zak will always leave pawprints on your heart. :pawprint: :candle:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m281/mean_mom_4/RainbowBridge.jpg

Magicwildwolf69
March 27th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I Stood By Your Bed

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I purred to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times your hands reached out to me.

I was with you at the shops today, your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, you tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you every day.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is almost over... I smile and watch you yawning
And say, "Goodnight, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out... then come home to be with me.

Author Unknown

Such pain that we feel as we miss our loved ones is one of the hardest things to deal with. Be good to yourself Marco. My thoughts are with you and your wife at this difficult time.

Ok i'm crying now :sad:

:candle: may he be catching his ray of sunshine

chico2
March 27th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Lukka's mom,that is beautiful,thank you:cat:

joeysmama
March 28th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss Marko. I know the heartache you're experiencing. Your picture of Zakky is absolutely beautiful !!! You can just see how very loved that boy was. You can see that he felt it--that he just LIVED in it you know??

sheryl6411
April 5th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy...and he really was. That last picture you have of him is so peaceful. Because of you, Zakky lived a life full and happy to the very end

http://www.inkypaw.com/DES11.jpg