Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Facebook

erykah1310
March 18th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Has anyone joined this site yet? Its great, I have found so many old friends that I Have lost contact with. Its like Classmates but better, you dont have to pay to get in touch with others,
Anyone else hooked to this ?
I am.... :D

Byrd
March 18th, 2007, 09:54 PM
A friend of mine sent me the link, but I didn't join, I figured it was just another hi5. :shrug:

Hunter's_owner
March 18th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Yeah same for me. I have been sent the invitation by a bunch of people, but haven't gotten around to it yet because I wasn't sure what it was like.

Thanks for the recommendation though:thumbs up Now I will go ahead and join.

Stacer
March 18th, 2007, 09:57 PM
It's awesome, I joined a couple weeks ago after scoffing at it, and now I can't pull myslef away. Pets.ca has some competition. I've reconnected with several people from my past, it's so strange, but cool.

Byrd
March 18th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the recommendation though:thumbs up Now I will go ahead and join.

Yeah, me too.

erykah1310
March 18th, 2007, 10:08 PM
It's awesome, I joined a couple weeks ago after scoffing at it, and now I can't pull myslef away. Pets.ca has some competition. I've reconnected with several people from my past, it's so strange, but cool.

I did the same, and it got to the point where people were calling me and talking about it so i decided to join up, I like it and also have a hard time pulling myself away.

erykah1310
March 18th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Should start a pets.ca group in there, gotta think of a cool name for it though

Byrd
March 18th, 2007, 10:15 PM
I was gonna say that we have to all look for each other in there. LOL

Byrd
March 18th, 2007, 10:16 PM
I was going to ask, did ya'll put in your full names?? :confused:

erykah1310
March 18th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I did... kinda freaks me out a bit, but theres so many people in there, its hard to find even the ones you know.

AliSam
March 18th, 2007, 10:21 PM
I just joined up yesterday. A friend of mine from work is on Mat leave and she sent a bunch of us the link so we could keep in touch kind of. I haven't navigated around it much so I don't know much about it yet. I had never heard of it until yesterday.

Stacer
March 18th, 2007, 10:31 PM
a pets.ca group is a good idea! I originally signed up using my first name and 2 last name initials because i was a bit wary, but i've been trying to change it to my full name for like 3 weeks and it's taking forever. I'm afraid people can't find me by my last initials.

erykah1310
March 18th, 2007, 10:40 PM
I m adding a group... need a catchy name for it though,

Byrd
March 18th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah, it asked for names, so I gave names. I figured that it was the way for people to find you, thought that there would be a nickname option somewhere though. :shrug:

erykah1310
March 18th, 2007, 10:45 PM
just type in pets.ca in group search it should show it ... I think

Byrd
March 18th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Cool, and I've already found an old friend from high school that I haven't heard from in years!!! :thumbs up

Joined the pets.ca group.

LynLyn
March 19th, 2007, 02:14 AM
I joined up after scoffing at it too! going to join the group how

AliSam
March 19th, 2007, 10:17 AM
There is a Pets.ca group? Kewl! If I can figure out how to join that one I will.

Stacer
March 19th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I just joined the pets.ca group!

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 04:08 PM
There's no point if you don't put personal info in right? I'm just wondering because I try to keep my personal info to a minimum on the net to avoid trouble from the Prin haters...:o

Stacer
March 19th, 2007, 04:19 PM
the only real thing youhave to putin is your name. everything else is optional. ANd people can only see your info if you're inthe same network. ie: I'm in the Toronto network so others in the Toronto network can see my profile, or people who I have as friends can see my profile, but no one else. So your info stays fairly private.

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Yeah... First and last name? :o

Stacer
March 19th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Not necessarily, I was wary so I put my first name and last 2 initials and it accepted it. I think you have to at least have an initial.

MyBirdIsEvil
March 19th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I think I'm also a bit too paranoid for facebook :laughing:

There's plenty of people that I wouldn't mind contacting me, but there's also a few I DON'T want to find me :o

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Yeah, MBIE, I feel the same way... :o

trippincherri
March 19th, 2007, 06:03 PM
I just joined and already found some, actually A LOT of friends from school.
I have no issues putting my name online :laughing:...mom's lessons about strangers never really got through I guess.

DO IT PRIN!!!! DOOOOO IITTTTTT!
It'll be fun c'mon.:sad: pleeaasseee

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 06:33 PM
lol

Peer pressure! :yell: :D :laughing:

Byrd
March 19th, 2007, 07:20 PM
One of the girls I work with is on it and she said just to watch your privacy settings.

Check out my albums!!! :highfive:

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Aww, discrimination! :sad: I tried, and it won't even let me register. Keeps asking me for a legitimate name. :D I guess I have to fake one then. :laughing:

Byrd
March 21st, 2007, 07:28 PM
Awww poor Prin. Try a fake one, Prin Jemma-Boo. :p

Prin
March 21st, 2007, 07:29 PM
No, it's the Prin part they don't like.:o

I emailed them, but haven't gotten any response yet.:o

Byrd
March 21st, 2007, 07:40 PM
Huh, I always thought Prin was a real name.

Prin
March 21st, 2007, 07:40 PM
lol It is, but Princess isn't... even though it's mine. :sad:

Hunter's_owner
March 21st, 2007, 08:06 PM
I just joined. :)
Very easy to find people...makes me wonder though who I really want finding me:o

Byrd
March 21st, 2007, 08:09 PM
lol It is, but Princess isn't... even though it's mine. :sad:

Ah, Prin is short for Princess, did not know that.

HO, I can't find anyone, only people I'm really close to already. I found one old friend from high school, but so far that's it. Did you join the pets.ca group?

Hunter's_owner
March 21st, 2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah I joined pets.ca:)

I also found a few people, but only started to look.
There were a few people that invited me already also.

Mocha's mum
March 21st, 2007, 08:24 PM
I jumped on the band wagon as well. Hey Prin, I just put my first name and last initial and didn't really fill in any of the profile fields (just the city where I live and my marital status). Just in case you wanted to join... Or say your name is Jemma Boo! :laughing:

I haven't found anyone I know though....meh. :shrug:

Byrd
March 21st, 2007, 08:57 PM
I have sent friend requests to those of you I could figure out. LOL

Mocha's mum
March 21st, 2007, 08:59 PM
I have to figure all of this out...I'm quite techmologically challenged. I'm lucky I can work my electric toothbrush!! :laughing:

Hunter's_owner
March 21st, 2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah I am starting to figure it out as well. I like it so far, I am finding a lot of people:)

Prin
March 21st, 2007, 11:47 PM
I want to play!! Ok, I'm gonna go try again.:D

Puppyluv
March 22nd, 2007, 12:19 AM
When Facebook was first created, it was only open to students at select Universities, McGill being the only Canadian one. I joined it 3 years ago, and people: BE WARNED you can spend upwards of 10hours a day on there. Also, because you can choose your privacy settings, you can make it so that no one can see your profile until you accept them as a friend. The default setting is to only let people in your network see your profile. People talk about Facebook being "stalkerish" but it's pretty harmless.

Puppyluv
March 22nd, 2007, 12:23 AM
I should add though, and I don't mean this to offend anyone, but a lot of the original members still get creeped out by adults joining facebook, because it was originally intended as a student networking system.

LynLyn
March 22nd, 2007, 01:50 AM
I've opened an account for Bowser and have added all of you guys as friends!! hehe don't get creeped out it's really him!

I wonder if I can start a trend with people creating accounts for their dogs?

Copper'sMom
March 22nd, 2007, 03:05 AM
I joined today. A friend called me to tell me about it and i've heard a few others talk about it - so i thought why not?

BTW: Copper peed on the wall! lol We left our mark!

glitterless
March 22nd, 2007, 06:15 AM
Anyone else get an Aaron Carter group when they searched for pets.ca???

I'm still searching...

trippincherri
March 22nd, 2007, 01:54 PM
Noooo aaron carter groups here.
I found pets.ca right away no problems.
It is an addictive site, I check it throughout the day to see who posted or who's requesting me as their friend, and yes I do have friends lol :D
It's pretty neat to talk to old friends, one girl I haven't seen in like 5 years and apparently she lives in the same town as me!:eek: I have no idea how we don't bump into one another it's a small town.

AliSam
March 22nd, 2007, 04:30 PM
I spent a long time on there last night. I am really starting to figure out the navigation on it. My cousins all joined me (still waiting for 1 to respond) and my best friend and I added each other practically at the same time. If I am on there tonight (like I wouldn't be) I will try and "Befriend" you all.

Frenchy
March 22nd, 2007, 08:55 PM
I registered but forgot my password :p and I find it hard to navigate, haven't spend too much time trying to figure it out, I will work on it this week end.

Byrd
March 22nd, 2007, 09:14 PM
I'm not too worried about the stalker thing, I'm unlisted. :p I would like old friends to be able to find me.

I think I have you all beat, I found a high school friend that I haven't spoken to in 13 years! We've been chatting up a storm! :D

There was an Aaron Carter group when I searched out pets.ca too. :shrug:

LynLyn
March 23rd, 2007, 12:59 AM
Bowser Peed on all your walls!! he has claimed you all, and when i actually bother to log on as myself, i'm going to add you all as friends!! It's funny though cause I know what your dogs look like, it's fun to add a face to the dog owner!

Prin
March 23rd, 2007, 01:39 AM
lol Bowser's my extended family. :laughing:

AliSam
March 23rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
I will have to check. I haven't seen or heard from Bowser yet.

Byrd
March 24th, 2007, 02:23 PM
*Busy scrubbing Bowser pee off my wall*

He's a bad boy, that's Willow's territory!!!!

:p

LynLyn
March 24th, 2007, 02:59 PM
hehe sowwie! :p I'll buy him one of those scented sticks to pee on!:p

Frenchy
March 24th, 2007, 05:08 PM
:laughing: Bowser hasn't peed on MY wall ! And I did recognize you Lynlyn (and Bowser of course)

LynLyn
March 24th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Tracy Chislett = Hunter's_owner -->Cassie and Hunter's Mom

Judy Rolff = Byrd --> Willow's Mom

Prin Boo = Prin -->Jemma and Boo's Mom

Erika Ackerland = Erykah1310 -->Kita's Mom

Stacy Rm = Stacer-->Angus and Finn's Mom

Terri Fjeld = TrippinCherri -->Shamus's Mom

Jen B = Mocha's Mum --> Mocha's Mom

Scott Baker = Scott B -->Roscos Dad

Layla = Puppyluv (well kinda :shrug: )

Nadine Robidoux = Frenchy --> Bailey and Sam's Mom

Sorry everyone else, I'm at a lost.

Byrd
March 24th, 2007, 10:39 PM
D'oh I was hoping to stay incognito! :p

Puppyluv
March 24th, 2007, 10:50 PM
I was going to join... afterall, I have to monitor what my little girl does on the internet. I am afterall a reponsible parent:D
But I'm in 214 groups, and they recently capped the groups at 200,:eek: and I haven't had time to search through my groups to find 15 to drop:rolleyes::shrug: So for now, I'm trusting that Layla is a good girl on there.:angel:

Byrd
March 24th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Hey, you didn't have to delete me.... I was just kidding. I don't care if people know who I am.... well, as long as ya'll promise not to find me and steal Willow. :p

LynLyn
March 24th, 2007, 10:58 PM
I promise not to find you and steal Willow, but if Willow happens to think that Bowser is incredibly sexy and follows me home, I take no blame in that!! Whatsoever! :p

Byrd
March 24th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Well, she already does think Bowser is incredibly sexy, but she's too much of a mommy's girl to go anywhere. :cloud9:

LynLyn
March 24th, 2007, 11:12 PM
:laughing: Bowser hasn't peed on MY wall ! And I did recognize you Lynlyn (and Bowser of course)

Bowser can't Pee on your wall because you guys aren't friends (Bowser is saaaaddd.....)