Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bare with me

normag
March 18th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I know this subject has been discussed before but before I spend $500. on a Dyson vacuum I want to know for sure it works on dog hair, at the moment I have my built in vac, plus another one that was to "supposed" to be fantastic for picking up dog hair but is useless. I have two shiba inu that seem to be shedding constantly this year and its driving me crazy. So to those of you who have one do they really work???

LavenderRott
March 18th, 2007, 06:24 PM
I don't have one but my mom does and so do several of my rottie friends. (One of whom also has a couple of Shiba's.) Everyone absolutely RAVES about their Dyson.

mummummum
March 19th, 2007, 03:29 AM
Which model is it Normag ? I'm looking at the 14 - Animal (the model that rotates on a ball) but, it's $700. If you tell me it's $500 there, I'm gonna spit toonies !

x.l.r.8
March 19th, 2007, 03:47 AM
We used to have one when we were in the UK and NOTHING did a better job on car fur, the sales afterservice was brilliant, I droped it down the stairs and broke the wand, they replaced it free of charge even though I broke it. Mine was new when DC09 first came out, I know they have changed a little since, however they are SO expensive over here.:shrug:

LavenderRott
March 19th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Which model is it Normag ? I'm looking at the 14 - Animal (the model that rotates on a ball) but, it's $700. If you tell me it's $500 there, I'm gonna spit toonies !

Ummmm. Yeah, they are about $500 here in the States. Would it be cheaper for you to order it online?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 19th, 2007, 11:30 AM
I dont know anything about them, but they sound really good. I think they look really cool :D

That is an important feature in a vaccum I think. :D

Spirit
March 19th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I loooooooove my harwood floors, but MAN, that thing makes me wish I had carpet.

I can't advise you on the vacuum, but what you should by first (or second after getting to the root of why your dogs shed so much in the first place, of course) is buy the furminator (www.furminator.com). This thing is reduculous good for getting it all out.

I used to sweep my floors every few days and I'd get roughly a handful of hair (he doesn't shed much in general), but then he started blowing his winter coat... :frustrated: It still wasn't bad, but after using that thing, I only had to sweep once every week and a half. Now I sweep every 2 weeks, and I'd be lucky if I pick up half the amount of hair I used to pick up after just 2 days.

I have a golden retriever though, and it works so well that I have to remember to leave SOME undercoat, as he needs it for keeping warm in the winter, cool in the summer, dry in the rain, etc.

The good news is my floors stay nice and clean, but the bad news is I kind of miss using my broom. It's a really cool broom. LOL