Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

cat in the tree, hes happy im not!

RolandsMom
March 17th, 2007, 08:43 PM
so Roland managed to fly out the door this evening and of course knowing the tree is the only place we cant catch him went straight up. its one of those spikey trees so theres no going up to catch him. so while i set here he is happyily sitting bird watching twitching his tail at me, and im trying to think of ways to bribe him down. (any bright ideas???????)
its a tree im not too worried about him being in cause its easy to climb down and i know where he is, but i cant sit outside forever waiting!!!!
HELP!

Winston
March 17th, 2007, 08:47 PM
How about a really stinky treat like tuna or salmon...but that may only lure him down..but will he stay down? How high up in the tree is he?

Cindy

RolandsMom
March 17th, 2007, 08:54 PM
ive got the tuna out, but between the tuna and the blimin twittering birds, im afraid its the birds he wants. hes not too high, im not worried that he cant get down, its just that he doesnt want to!! little stinker!!!

Winston
March 17th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Sometimes they frustrate you so much! you can only laugh! I hope he comes down before dark!!

:fingerscr

RolandsMom
March 17th, 2007, 09:06 PM
oh boy so do i! at least its warm out today! thanks!

RolandsMom
March 17th, 2007, 09:09 PM
well he just decided that the birds were hard work and mom had easy tuna. whew!

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Bad boy Roland.....you're getting braver all the time. Glad he came down before dark. :)

Prin
March 17th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Phew!! Kitty!!! :frustrated: :D

hazelrunpack
March 17th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Whew! Glad he finally took pity on mom and came down! :eek: :D

RolandsMom
March 17th, 2007, 11:32 PM
hehe. thanks guys. hes definaltely getting braver, or faster, not sure which! now of coures all he wants is to get out adn back up the tree to try his luck with the gazillion little birds in there. i look forward to a week of being driven nuts with 'meow meow meow, mommie i want out, mommie i want out...etc!'
he drives me nuts and i love him way too much!

CyberKitten
March 18th, 2007, 02:53 AM
Whew is right, glad he came in!!! I hope there won't be any more scary trees for mom!

Smiley14
March 19th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Oh scary! I'm so glad he decided to be a smart little kitty and come back down!

Billy did that when he was a kitten, only it was pine tree out in the country. He finally came down when the neighbor's big tom cat went UP after him and terrorized him down. If you've ever noticed the missing notch in one of his ears, that's how it happened. The big bully cat bit off a chunk out of his tiny ear. He flew down, I caught him, and chased off the neighbor's cat. He didn't try to escape again after that. That was sixteen years ago!

So glad Roland came down on his own! Glad the birdies are okay too. LOL!