Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stray dog closes Gardiner

badger
March 17th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Mar 17, 2007 09:48 AM
Meghan Hurley
Staff Reporter
A Husky dog wearing a protective Elizabethan collar forced police to close the Gardiner Expressway early this morning in the Spadina Ave. area as they tried to catch it.
A motorist driving down the York St. off-ramp spotted the dog running up the ramp this morning and called police.

The dog is now off of the highway, but still at large.

Some people pulled over, but itís not known whether they were concerned citizens or the dogís owners, police said.

LL1
March 17th, 2007, 04:42 PM
It's Maddie.

Frenchy
March 17th, 2007, 04:47 PM
But she has been found days ago, please tell me she didn't escape again, it can't be !!!

LL1
March 17th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Yes,she is on the loose,again.

chico2
March 17th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Oh no,I can't believe it:sad: and what is she doing in Toronto???
It seems like she has a deathwish,what is the problem with her,why does she keep running:confused: I guess nobody knows...

LL1
March 17th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Maddie lives in Toronto with her adopters.

Frenchy
March 17th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Yes,she is on the loose,again.

I'm here swearing at my screen (not at you LL1 !) OMG , this can't be :yell: :frustrated: I'm lost for words.

LL1
March 17th, 2007, 04:52 PM
I know.Horrifying.

chico2
March 17th, 2007, 04:53 PM
OMG,my stomach took a turn reading about her again,it's unbelievable,that area is a very busy place,cars and more cars...please be safe Maddie:pray:

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 05:36 PM
OMG....I have tears rolling down my cheeks. :sad: Poor, poor Maddie. :sad: Does anyone know how she got loose this time? :frustrated:

Please, please stay safe Maddie. :fingerscr :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

shirley1011
March 17th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I am so upset:pray: I thought she was safe and she gave me so
much hope. How can this be!:confused: My husband thought I
had lost it...when I read about this last escape I :yell: yelled
"OH NO"
Please let us know she is safe :fingerscr

Skryker
March 17th, 2007, 06:13 PM
She is real escape artist, that's for sure. Poor girl! :fingerscr that her luck holds and she makes it through this misadventure, too. :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :fingerscr :pray:

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 06:14 PM
BTW....why is she wearing an Elizabethan Collar? Is she badly injured from her last escape?

the gang
March 17th, 2007, 06:30 PM
why how come she was safe!!!!!!!:mad:

Toonces
March 17th, 2007, 06:33 PM
BTW....why is she wearing an Elizabethan Collar? Is she badly injured from her last escape?

Maddie's paw was injured.

Frenchy
March 17th, 2007, 06:33 PM

If you look at the post when she was found, it says she was at the vet, maybe for her spay ?

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Maddie's paw was injured.

From her last escape? How bad is it injured?

LL1
March 17th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Maddie was spayed before she got loose the first time.

LL1
March 17th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Her paw was injured during her second time on the loose,the retractable leash cord was wrapped around it.

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 07:19 PM
How much damage did it do?

the gang
March 17th, 2007, 08:55 PM
can someone put her on petfinder?????? brenda and the pins:fingerscr

t.pettet
March 17th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Can she be re-united with her orig. owner so this circus can stop?

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I thought she was abused by her original owner. :sad: I really hope and pray that she is captured soon since she is injured. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes:

Toonces
March 17th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Maddies Paw was injured during her last escape, we are all devastated and pray that she is safe, I just don't understand no matter what ppl do to help her she feels the need to flea and will do so at all costs, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers:fingerscr

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 11:55 PM
If Maddie was abused by her original owner it will take a long time for someone to earn her trust. Maddie will remain in my thoughts and prayers until then. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr :pray: Stay safe Maddie and please let those that care help you. :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

TeriM
March 18th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Poor Maddie :sad: . I hope she will be safe :fingerscr .

chico2
March 18th, 2007, 08:31 AM
I was watching for her on the news and in the paper,but I guess closing the Gardiner for a runaway dog is not newsworthy:sad::evil:
All of us living close to Toronto know the horrific traffic there,hopefully she ran south to Lakeshore where there is parkareas.
The collar will make her more noticeable,but much more difficult for her:sad:
This is just incredible:sad:

LL1
March 18th, 2007, 09:33 AM
From the last Maddie topic
Please do not make assumptions about Maddie's past. She was not an abused dog, but she obviously lacked socialization.

Furbaby Momma
March 18th, 2007, 11:09 AM
I am sad to know Maddie is going through this again. :sad:

Lets all pray for Maddies safe return once again. :fingerscr

cpietra16
March 18th, 2007, 11:21 AM
I don't think Maddie will ever be happy:sad: She remenids me of a a dog I knew who lived on the reserve. No matter how much we tried to help and give him love and medication, he always left to roam wild in the woods.:sad: I guess MAddie is a free spirit, but in the wrong place:sad:

Furbaby Momma
March 18th, 2007, 11:32 AM
This the beggining of Maddie's story...Inverness had Maddie's best interest at heart, now I hope that if and when Maddie is in someone's care again that all precautions are taken to keep her safe.
She is a beautiful dog, but she is scared now, I agree with Cpietra16 it appears that Maddie is a free spirt. :pawprint:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=30964&page=3&highlight=Maddie

rainbow
March 18th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Maybe Maddie is trying to find her sister, Nanuk. I hope she is re-captured soon. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes:

Toonces
March 18th, 2007, 08:41 PM
The animal control people caught Maddie this afternoon!

TeriM
March 18th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Yippee, awesome news :highfive: . Thanks so much for letting us know :thumbs up .

Frenchy
March 18th, 2007, 08:43 PM
My heart stopped when I saw you posted, now I'm breathing again ! woohoo ! Good girl Maddie, maybe now she has more faith in people ? She got caught faster then the other times.

BusterBoo
March 18th, 2007, 09:07 PM
:pray: Thank God.....now hopefully her owner will be able to keep her safe.

I do not mean to question or offend anyone...but how does Maddie keep getting loose???? If you know you have a doggie who will bolt, what can be done to prevent it???

PLEASE..... I am NOT trying to lay blame...just trying to figure out how a doggie can loose that many times.....:confused:

shirley1011
March 19th, 2007, 02:51 AM
:D Way to go Maddie....I have been praying for this poor dog to
be found again... she was my inspiration. Please stay safe this time

chico2
March 19th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Thank's Toonces:thumbs up
This girl must have a whole group of guardian angels looking out for her,with all the dangers she's faced:angel:
I ask the same as HarleyBuster,how is it possible for her to constantly escape?
I also mean no offence to all the people who gave it their all to find her all these times.:love:
Also,what happens now,will the new adoptive owners take her back??

Winston
March 19th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks Toonces! for the update! I beleive Maddie has a "guardian angel" looking over her! Makes me believe that she has some purpose to serve here! I have wondered to myself how she is getting away..No disrespect to anyone involved here in anyway but could they try attaching 2 collars? This way if she slips one you have the second one to rely on? I know it sounds strange but I think it works.

Cindy

Dog Dancer
March 19th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Oh my goodness, I was devastated to open this thread and see Maddie was gone again, now pleased she's back. I used to own a "free spirit" who ultimately we had to rehome in the country. Broke my heart, but there was no way to keep him confined - he always seemed to find a way. Not a mean bone in his body, but he was just too large a dog to let him roam free in the city. For his safety and the comfort of others. Anyhow, I sure hope someone finds the answer for this poor sweetie. She needs to relax. Actually now it sounds like my Shadow I currently own. Be calm Maddie everybody just wants the best for you.

shirley1011
March 19th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Does anyone know how they found Maddie back around the 13th before
her last escape?
She was gone for so long as has my dog, and just wondered how she was
found. Perhaps it might give me some clues on survival of these dogs during
such a harsh winter.

rainbow
March 19th, 2007, 07:23 PM
I am soooo glad they caught her. :highfive: Is she okay? Did she do any more damage to herself?