Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Moving, will be looking for new vet

athenamor
March 17th, 2007, 08:23 AM
We are moving in May, and we're going to have to find a new vet for Bourbon. Is there a list somewhere you can look by states/city that have comments from patients?

I know I can look up yellow pages but I want like a "rating" or something where the patients can say how genuinly concerned the doc is. Or how cold and possibly rude the doc is. Didnt know if that kinda thing existed, but we find rating for toys and electronics, was hoping there was something for vets. Was hoping ya'll knew of a very useful site, that I havent been able to find yet.

We are moving to central FL if that helps.

Stacer
March 17th, 2007, 08:26 AM
jesse's mommy is from florida, perhaps she can give you some help.

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 12:32 PM
I know there's a site like that for humans but I've never seen one for vets. It would be a heck of a good idea though.

mummummum
March 17th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Hmmm...Rainbow there's an :crazy: idea ! I recall writing the Ont. College of Vet's asking them if they had a standardized, suggested fee schedule which Vet clinics might use a base for setting their fees. Not surprisingly, I received no response. I think it's a great idea personally. I've been in some clinics where state-of-the-art facilities shined more brightly than the disappointed-they-didn't-make-med school-Vets and I've been in others where the Vet could have been in a broom closet for all I cared because they were so "gold". Anyone tech saavy enough to start such a site ????

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 01:28 PM
I could try emailing the people from the human site. Maybe there's a pet lover there. :fingerscr

mummummum
March 17th, 2007, 01:46 PM
You go grrrl !

mafiaprincess
March 17th, 2007, 06:15 PM
I've seen the standardized ontario vet fees.. Think I just looked up ontario veterinary association. All the prices of the random things they list were even higher than I pay now.. And I pay more than most people and am still searching for a new clinic.

LL1
March 17th, 2007, 06:29 PM
I dont think they have ratings,but this is a good site to go to when looking for a vet

http://www.holisticvetlist.com/

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks for posting that website. It's a start but I would like to see the ratings done too. :)

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 06:41 PM
I just emailed the ratemds.com website to see if they'd start one and hope the person is a pet lover. :fingerscr

LL1
March 17th, 2007, 06:45 PM
I wonder if ratings can be a tricky one.Perceived as slander or potentially inviting lawsuits?

dustybird
March 17th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I just found this site
http://www.vetratingz.com/ShowThingCats.jsp

It's for the U.S and Canada, now not all clinics are listed but it might be helpful. We could at our vets to it. It's hard as it seems like there is only one review for each one listed but they do vary from good to bad and it could have just been one person's bad experience.

Found this one to but it's not up and running yet.
http://www.rateavet.com/

I'll keep looking to see if I can find other's.

jesse's mommy
March 17th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Here I am!

Where about in Central Florida? We live just north of Orlando. If you want to pm me, I can help you out. :thumbs up

rainbow
March 19th, 2007, 07:16 PM
I just emailed the ratemds.com website to see if they'd start one and hope the person is a pet lover. :fingerscr

Here's the answer I got:

Your wish is our command :)

www.vetratingz.com

John