Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

To eveyone

slray
March 16th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Are do overs allowed?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you.Honestly I just want to give this new puppy the best I can. No matter what happened to the other dog I can't turn back time and change what happened I can only do things better this time. I didn't expect for you to understand how helpless I felt because I could not bring my dog back to life. All the vet would tell me was that I could bring him in and pay for an office visit but you don't realize how sick he was maybe I was in denial just looking for hope that he would live knowing that he wasn't going to pull through. So I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean I just hurt and want to take care of my new dog. Can we start over and maybe I can learnn how to take better care of this dog and train him right? I don't want to talk about the other dog anymore just get a new start with this one. Just FYI I only changed my story because I was looking for answers I went to the wrong place for the kind of answer I needed but this forum can help me to train my new puppy.
slray

Maya
March 16th, 2007, 04:03 PM
All anyone can do is thier best and learn from mistakes. We ALL make them. I don't know if anyone will hold anything against you and if they do it's not worth spending time worrying about when you can be using that time to take care of your dog (I think people just want to make sure you learned from what happened to your other dog). Its a forum where there are always more people to talk to and many people will forget you ever posted. Some of the advice you get here will be total BS and some will be very valuable. Its up to you to decide and listen to your gut feelings about how to act in your dogs best interest. A good rule of thumb is always better safe than sorry. Its difficult taking care of another creature that is dependant on you for everything, so keep working at it and try to keep yourself and your baby safe, thats the #1 goal. Good luck.

Prin
March 16th, 2007, 05:56 PM
We're here to help. Sometimes the advice is a little hard on people, but it's meant to protect the animals. :grouphug:

Good luck with your puppy! :)

rainbow
March 16th, 2007, 06:56 PM
I agree. Most of us here put our pets before ourselves. We only want what is best for them. Good luck with your new puppy and I hope you stick around. :) Oh, yes, and please post pics. :D