Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

unscientific canidae results!

phoenix
March 16th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Hi everyone,

I know that a lot of you are trying out and recommending Canidae... my dogs have been eating Canidae (regular all life stages) all their lives... a few months ago, I switched them to the Canidae lamb and rice for a change of flavour. I noticed no change in Sam (labx) but Maia (boxer) lost weight, became bony, and her coat was dull. I switched back to the regular Canidae two weeks ago and WOW: Maia filled out again, has a shiny coat, and boy am I happy!!
I guess it is due to the lower protein in the L&R. ?? Or maybe Maia and lamb don't get along. Sam seems perfectly fine no matter what I feed.

Prin
March 16th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Cool. Did they like the L&R? My doggies are devouring it. :o They're both doing ok so far on 1/2 l&r and 1/2 high protein...

phoenix
March 16th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Hi Prin
They both liked the L&R too. They actually seemed to maybe prefer it to the regular. But I like the regular better for Maia at any rate... (I know that is not a possibility for you). Good idea to supplement with higher protein kibble.

Prin
March 16th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah, good idea for Maia. I was just wondering if it was really tastier or just tasty because it was different.:D Dogs, eh? :D

Hunter's_owner
March 18th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Just wanted to add...I tried Hunter on L&R and he became violently ill. Thinking it was something he got into, after visiting the vet and getting some meds and a bland diet for awhile, we tried a switch again (both times just a very small amount in with his regular) and he got violently ill again.

He had such an intolerance to lamb that I will try never to switch him off chicken again...:shrug: