Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vet day for Bailey

erykah1310
March 16th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Today is the day that B goes in for all his needles and a check up.
he should have been in a while back, but I called this morning since im off work again for a little bit(:frustrated: )
:fingerscr he's as healthy as he looks, I have to head out shortly, they squeezed me in at 11:15, have to be out of here by 10 .

hazelrunpack
March 16th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Today is the day that B goes in for all his needles and a check up.
he should have been in a while back, but I called this morning since im off work again for a little bit(:frustrated: )
:fingerscr he's as healthy as he looks, I have to head out shortly, they squeezed me in at 11:15, have to be out of here by 10 .

Good luck, Bailey! :fingerscr The Pack sends its sympathy about the needles part! :eek:

erykah1310
March 16th, 2007, 05:28 PM
He's in good shape! :thumbs up
a bit over weight, but nothing too serious. His teeth are going to need to be scaled ( that was a given) and he had a yeast infection in his ears. Apparently not a bad one, but we got some drops anyways.
All in all he's good!
He weighs in at a whopping 38 lbs:eek:
Rolly polly Bailey!:D

Prin
March 16th, 2007, 06:52 PM
:highfive: I'm glad he's in good shape. :) A bit of a round shape, but still.:D :laughing:

Probiotics would help the yeasty issues too. Cockers tend to get them like crazy.:o

Go Bailey! :highfive:

rainbow
March 16th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Hee hee....he's in good shape but a little too round. :D Well once the nice weather comes he can run around outside more without getting attacked by snowballs. :D

Frenchy
March 16th, 2007, 07:52 PM
woohoo for Bailey ! :thumbs up :dog:

erykah1310
March 17th, 2007, 09:53 AM
No reactions to the vaccines either which is one heck of a relief.:thumbs up

He's over the trauma of the vet visit, I dont think he had any idea what that place was at all. Glad I got him in though when I did. Got some good warnings from the vet about things that are starting to rear their ugly heads in the area. Im going to post seperately in another thread, not many people prolly will come to B thread to see it.

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Thank goodness Bailey found you, Erykah. :cloud9: Hope he got a cookie for the vet visit. :D

erykah1310
March 17th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Rolly polly cant have a cookie!:eek: :laughing: He got lots of belly rubs though, dont you worry!:p (lotsa belly to rub lol)
In 4 weeks B is going back for his booster, and Im going to get his blood work for heart worms too. Too many Maguires here for my liking:rolleyes:

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 03:16 PM
What about a salmon treat? They are super easy to make. :)

mummummum
March 17th, 2007, 03:28 PM
What a great relief the absence of vaccinosis must have been. And, I'm sure you willl get him down to a proper weight once he can crest the snowbanks. Bailey is a cutie ~ can't believe anyone else hasn't snapped to his charms and adopted him up.

Frenchy
March 17th, 2007, 03:33 PM
and Im going to get his blood work for heart worms too. Too many Maguires here for my liking:rolleyes:

:fingerscr that Bailey is negative. After I adopted Bailey (my Bailey :D ) he got tested and was positive. Vets here in Quebec don't know much about that stuff. So my vet called the vet school (in St-Hyacinthe) and they told him Bailey had to be on Heartguard for 18 months straight. So I did, got him tested again, positive again :frustrated: went to another vet who called Gelph University , they told him it's 2-3 years on treatment. :eek: :sad:

Skryker
March 17th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Glad that Bailey is OK! :thumbs up Kinda sad he didn't seem to know what the vet was all about though.