Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need opinion on a dog name

slray
March 15th, 2007, 08:22 PM
I bought a mini Daushund puppy and my son wants to call him Mako. It seems to fit because he likes to bite. What do you think? Also any suggestions on training him not to bite so hard and to get through puppy stage?
slray

RolandsMom
March 15th, 2007, 08:25 PM
i think its a fine name if it seems to fit. do you have a pic? i dont have dogs but there will be lots of others with advice for helping with the puppy stage!!

lt_danish
March 15th, 2007, 08:43 PM
What I did was work with my puppy on the difference between mouthing softly and biting. There is NO tolerance for biting, she gets a time out for that (time out is about 30 secs away from all things fun by herself). And I always have lots of other options for things that are ok to chew on. Puppy like to bite and chew. Just like human babies always have things in their mouth. Its a way to explore the exciting new world they are part of.

lt_danish
March 15th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Woops, forgot to comment on the name. I think the name is great. Just try saying it hundreds of times a day, will you get sick of it?

H.P.
March 15th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Congrats on the pup:lovestruck: ! If you look in the training section you will find lots of info about puppy training. I am not sure I would have survived without it!

heidiho
March 15th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Ilove it,i think that is a great name for a biter....:thumbs up :thumbs up

rainbow
March 15th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Cute name and would love to see pics. :)

Prin
March 15th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Have you brought him to the vet yet? He probably needs parvo treatment asap (as per your other thread).

Kristin7
March 16th, 2007, 11:00 AM
I like the name!

chico2
March 16th, 2007, 04:10 PM
WOW,this is a very confusing poster,hope the pup is ok:fingerscr