Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Finally, a picture of my poodle

CyberKitten
March 15th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Here at long last is a picture of my poodle who shared my life for 17 years!!! I loved him dearly and still miss him - and he has been gone for prob 10-15 yrs now. It is true- their spirit never disappears!

I found a better picture- post visitng the groomer. He hated the ribbons but this one stayed in - prob for 5 minutes, lol

Anyway, here he is at about 7 I think. It's a scanned and cropped photo so the quality is not the best.

Lukka'sma
March 15th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Oh he was a perfect little poodle, just perfect. I can well understand why you still miss him even now, and why you will still be missing him 10 - 15 years from now.

Frenchy
March 15th, 2007, 09:13 PM
He had a cute little face, wow, 17 years !

Shamrock
March 15th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Aww, Cyberkitten... what an adorable little dog! :cloud9: After sharing your life with him for 17 years... no wonder you miss him so.

Was he a toy or miniature, CK,and what was his name?
I immediately thought female, but the small poodles always look so sweetly delicate and kind of feminine dont they? Especially the white ones. (though pink bows dont help:D )

People are always calling my Percy a "she", just assume this with his tiny size and dainty step. :)

He sure was a beauty, your little angel, and you're so right, their spirit never does disappear. A special place in our hearts is forever reserved just for them.:angel:

My little guy is getting up there now, and I just cant imagine being without him, my constant companion.
I can only pray he will enjoy the health and longevity that your little poodle did. :goodvibes::pray:

rainbow
March 16th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Oh, what a cutie he was. :cloud9:

Prin
March 16th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Yep, a cutie! :cloud9: I'm sorry you lost him. :grouphug:

TeriM
March 16th, 2007, 02:18 AM
Awww, he sure was a cutie :lovestruck: . He probably wanted those bows out cause they were pink :D .

cpietra16
March 16th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Cyberkitten, what a sweetheart. I could see why you would miss him. His eyes are so expressive

chico2
March 16th, 2007, 07:54 AM
CK,what a little beauty:lovestruck:

CyberKitten
March 16th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Thx for the kind remarks and I meant to say more in the first post but was as usual, in a hurry.

Ryan was a gift and I know dogs should not be given as gifts but this one was from a friend of my grandmother's who was prob the most reputable breeder of poodles in the province she lived in. She gave him to me as a puppy - he was 10 wks when he came to live with us and I had just had surgery and thus was in a cast for the better part of the year and Ryan never left my side. He was such a sweetheart! He rarely barked!!

And yes, he is a he, lol - and I don't know what was up with the pink bow. He hated bows of all colours and they never lasted too long on him - he'd take them off not long after we came from the groomer and often, pre groomer, he looked more like a bichon than a poodle, lol

He was lost only once in his 17 year life - a life which was filled with wonder and where he met many people!!! I don't know what happened but I was visiting my grandparents and somehow he got outside and decided to do some exploring. We wandered and searched all over the village looking for him - it was a loooooong 12 hours I can tell you and finally in the morning (He disappeared late at night) there he was , coming up the road looking like he'd been dipped into a pond - he had leaves sticking to him and was dirty. Oh my, he was a sight but a beautiful sight!!!! He went to the groomer and the vet on the same day and that in and of itself may have dissuaded any more forays into the wild, lol

Prin, I guess I don't think I've lost him so much as he is waiting for me at the Bridge tho I had not heard of the Bridge at the time of his death. He is buried not far from the same place my bunny is buried - tho Ryan died before the bunny. He died next to me in bed of a heart attack - he had not been ill even though he had been to the vet for a checkup less than a month ago and the vet - I wanted a necropsy but he talked me out of it calling it "old age" - tho of course no one ever dies of "old age" (It irks me ppl say that! Gawd!) - his heart prob developing some weakness or issue or his respiratory system was not getting enough oxygen and for whatever reason, his little heart could not longer keep up with it all. To be fair to the vet, we did not have the sophisticated diagnostic equipment we have now tho I was inconsolable for weeks - granted our several cats helped me thru that!!One kitten my grandmother had recemtly rescued (someone had left with us - it was either us or the pound they said tho since the "pound" was far away for them, I don't know) really missed Ryan and looked for him - meowing for him - for weeks. It was heartbreaking. Animals indeed mourn their friends, no matter if they are other dogs, cats or humans!!!

He was a lucky dog in some ways. When my grandfather babysat him, he brought him on long rides in the country and Ryan loved to drive in the car. 9He prob ate too much human food tho courtesy of grandpa but we did not know what we know now, sigh!) I have given up wondering if he would have lived another 3-5 yrs if we had known all that but he still would have been elderly and ne may well have happened even with all that so I merely cherish the long time I did have with him!!! He certainly went thru a lot with me!!!! Once, when my grandfather - who I was caring for since he had cancer - came home from the hospital - Ryan did not recognize him immediately (all those medicical smells and I think grandpa was so upset by that - by he did after awhile. All in all,m he'd have made a great therapy dog because he was able to relate to almpst anyone of any age - children, seniors, you name it. And he knew my schedule better than I - if I deviated from it in some way, he'd look at me and as if to say well. what's wrong with you?