Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

So whos watching Americas next top model?

RolandsMom
March 15th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Im sad to say im fairly hooked on this program. it cracks me up how catty those girls can be! i think that Brittany is well in it for the top prize. well before i go into it more, let me see how many of you guys watch it!

chico2
March 15th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I do,I do...with all the reruns lately,all you can watch is reality shows and ANTM is funny!
It's amazing how they can transform a very plain looking girl into a beauty in photographs.
I think the girl who's friend died is actually ugly,but look at her in a picture,beautiful!!
They could probably airbrush even me into a beauty:laughing:

heidiho
March 15th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I just cant do it,Tyra is just to dramatic for me,but is the girl from Maui still on there???

RolandsMom
March 15th, 2007, 05:50 PM
whats her name? i have a feeling its Renee and shes a uber B*****
Chico, did you see the look she gave Brittany last night when she got called up first? she cannot tolerate any of those girls doing better than her!!! Jael is not necessarily pretty, no but her photos are amazing. He he and the Russian girl cracks me up. she takes all the constructive criticism as compliments. I really like that they have a couple of curvy girls there too. I cannot get my mind around the fact that a 12 is a plus size now, but i think they are lovely.Did you see Jaslenes pic last night? i cannot believe how skinny she is. she takes lovely pics too though. facially, i think her body is too skinny. (although i do know some girls cannot help being so skinny, i have a friend whos like that, but it just doesnt look healthy!!!)
who do you have for a winner?

heidiho
March 15th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I am not sure will try to find out..

heidiho
March 15th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Yeah it is Renee and most stay at home moms here are b******.....Is she still on

Prin
March 16th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Chico? Really? :laughing: I'm a fan too.:o Hi. My name is Prin and I watch ANTM. :o

Renee is lame. Excuses, excuses. Tyra just has to hear them once and she'll be gone.

What a pain for Jael though- to have to get the weave off after 8 hours? That's just unfair. I just wish she could talk more clearly.:o

Brittany kicked hiney though. I hate her hair color, but she does well anyway.

And what's her face, the white plus sized one? Come on! Flaunt them curves! Let 'em loose! A** it up! :D

hmm...

Oh and I hate the russian girl. There's language barriers and there's clueless. She's just clueless. :rolleyes: And I hate, HAAATE how she styles her own hair. It's like permanent pony tail head. :sick:

Ok I'm done. :laughing:

RolandsMom
March 16th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Prin i LOVE the colour of Brittneys hair!!! i so badly want my hair that colour!!! yes she is definately kicking butt!! Its a pity Renee is such a cow, shes really pretty. i have so much respedt for those curvy girls though. i sway between being a 12 and 14 and theres no way in hell i would strip down to be painted and photographed for the whole of America to see!!! they have courage!!!!!

happycats
March 16th, 2007, 02:44 PM
I'm addicted!!!! I think Brittany may win, she takes awesome pictures. but that mean spirited sore loser Renee is such a BEEEEOTCHH!! she is soooo jealous of everyone!
Natasha thinks she's all that, and I get so sick of her talking about how great she is:rolleyes:

Prin
March 16th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Oh, Jasmine!! My god, get off your high horse. Or actually, I think last time she might have fallen off it.:D

Loves Labs
March 19th, 2007, 11:59 AM
I'm a little late....but so pumped to see not only are you guys pet-lovers, but ANTM too! Oh my. :o

I must confess I have been addicted to this show since cycle 1....but I think it is really starting to go downhill...and Tyra is getting on my nerves.

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Yeah, she is getting a little to show-y... But she still has her moments.:D Like a couple weeks ago, when they were saying one girl looked like Tyra and she was all, "No, she doesn't look like me. But she's fierce... She's the best one here and should win it all right now. But she doesn't look like me." :D

RolandsMom
March 19th, 2007, 04:59 PM
I like Tyra, mostly case of her attitude to those who critisize her. and she tries to promote health in young women a lot (i know those models are really thin). ive watched her show.

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Oh, the one who won Canada's next top model though was grossly skinny. She shouldn't have won just because she was such a bad representation, IMO..:o

RolandsMom
March 19th, 2007, 05:09 PM
true she was incredibly thin but i think she won cause she took such great phots and she did really well on the catwalk. this year the curvy girls are doing great and the only one whose unhealthy skinny looking is Jaslene.

happycats
March 19th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Oh, the one who won Canada's next top model though was grossly skinny. She shouldn't have won just because she was such a bad representation, IMO..:o

She worked at the Dollarama down the street from me! She was a very pleasant girl, who was always polite. (she stopped working there when she won)
:sorry: :offtopic: (but Prin started it:evil: )

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I'm not saying she wasn't nice.:D She was probably fabulous.:D But I would imagine little girls are watching and the whole time they kept telling her she was too skinny and it was borderline anorexia, etc, etc, and then she wins? :confused:

RolandsMom
March 19th, 2007, 06:18 PM
omg i know! little girls. :offtopic: (but its my thread so im alowed right?) i went to the Bay over the weekend and there were padded bras from age 7!!!!!!!!! ****shock and horror****** and g-stings and low cut tanga panties. t-shirts with 'jailbait' written on them. im was floored!!!
what kind of message are these young girls getting from t.v and magazines to want to wear these things and for that matter who the hell buys their kids this stuff????? (oh its turning in to a rant!!!)
As for the body image projected by models these days, well its just too much! i like that in Spain there is now a minimum weight that models are not allowed to be under. its still pretty low but much better than what is allowed in the rest of the world!!!

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Whatever the message they're getting, the parents are the ones buying the stuff.:o :sad:

happycats
March 19th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I'm not saying she wasn't nice.:D She was probably fabulous.:D But I would imagine little girls are watching and the whole time they kept telling her she was too skinny and it was borderline anorexia, etc, etc, and then she wins? :confused:

Your right, its amazing that they pick someone who most young people could never be like unless they were anorexic.
It's sad that young girls believe that you have to look like that to be acccepted by society:sad:

I like the way Dove is trying to help girls with their self image, and helping them to see that no one is perfect (lots of makeup and picture touch ups and alterations are involved)

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Yeah, it's one thing to airbrush out blemishes and whatever because a good wax and make-up job can accomplish most of that anyway (i.e. it's somewhat achievable), but to have bones protruding out everywhere is only accomplished one way for most people, and IMO, it's not even an ideal. :sad:

RolandsMom
March 19th, 2007, 07:15 PM
check out just how they do it. interesting.

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/flat4.asp?id=6909

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I've seen that. Pretty crazy. You also see it on ANTM because you see the photoshoots and then you see the finished product and it's completely different.

RolandsMom
March 19th, 2007, 07:20 PM
yes, i guess they do airbrush a lot but i also think that a good photographer can do wonders. i had some pics taken when a photographer friend of mine asked me to model for her cause she needed to increase her portfolio and well, i have to say, she made me look pretty darn good without any kind of embellishing. (of course it could be that im just absolutly beautiful...:crazy: :laughing: )

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 07:26 PM
lol No retouching necessary... It's RolandsMom! Reeer.... :laughing:

RolandsMom
March 19th, 2007, 07:30 PM
well with such a lovely boy his mommie has to be lovely too right??? hehe. but im certainly not skinny. id say im voluptous in all the right places.. they should take more of those "plus" :frustrated: size 12 models onto ANTM

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 07:36 PM
lol totally. I should apply.:D :laughing: :laughing: :o :footinmouth:

RolandsMom
March 19th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Id vote for you Prin. :crazy: (wouldnt it be nice if we could just this one huh?)

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks RolandsMom. You probably don't know what I look like, so that's kind of a compliment...:D "She has a nice personality." :laughing: :D

RolandsMom
March 19th, 2007, 07:46 PM
yes well the personality is the most important right? i wouldnt vote for Renee cause shes a b...., shes beautiful but her personality changes all that. the most unattractive people can be beautiful because of personality and visa versa.

Prin
March 19th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Yeah, that's true. Renée is a pretty ugly person.:o

trippincherri
March 20th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I watch it too, not necessarily "hooked" but when I can wach it I do.

IMO Jaslene needs to go home, and Jael should win.
She's not the most pretty out of the bunch but she has that look to her that makes her a good model. And she's spunky and has a great personality.

I really liked the country girl that got sent home a few weeks ago she was my fave, but just didn't cut it for the judges.

I also agree Dove is doing wonders for girls/woman around the world and it's about time a major company stepped up and made it known not ALL WOMAN are perfect!!!