Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gift wrapped head of missing dog left for girl

Rick C
March 15th, 2007, 11:30 AM
This is one sick story . . . .

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (AP) -- A 17-year-old girl who spent weeks looking for her missing dog unwrapped a box left on her doorstep and found the pet's severed head inside, authorities said.

Homicide investigators were looking into the case because of the "implied" terroristic threat, St. Paul Police Sgt. Jim Gray said. The Humane Society of the United States said Wednesday it was offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

"This was extraordinarily heinous," said Dale Bartlett, the Humane Society's deputy manager for animal cruelty issues. "I deal with hundreds and hundreds of cruelty cases each year. When I read about this case, it took my breath away. It's horrible."

Two weeks ago, a gift-wrapped box was left at the house Crystal shares with her grandmother. The box had batteries on top, and a note that said "Congratulations Crystal. This side up. Batteries included."

Crystal opened the box and found her dog's head inside. The box also contained Valentine's Day candy.

Crystal screamed when she saw her dog's face.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/03/15/dog.head.ap/index.html

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Loves Labs
March 15th, 2007, 11:53 AM
I'm at a loss for words.....that just makes me sick to my stomach.:sad:

Stacer
March 15th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Holy crap. You have to be some kind of sick to do that to a pet and even sicker to dismember it, gift wrap it, and send it to the owner. It's safe to say that girl is scarred for life.

luckypenny
March 15th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I'd hate to imagine what else this person is capable of doing. It's terrifying.

heidiho
March 15th, 2007, 02:48 PM
That is really just a disgusting thing to do,i could not imagine finding my pet like that,i pray they get caught and punished accordingly........

lizzieblue
March 15th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Speechless:yuck: absolutely speechless!
Poor baby, I hope there was no prolonged suffering for you:pray:
I hope the sicko is caught and severly punished
Definately a few 'chips' missing there!
Scary sick,sick & scary stuff....

~michelle~
March 15th, 2007, 03:23 PM
this is horrible.... i hope they see this guy for what he truly is and punish him under every law they can

cpietra16
March 15th, 2007, 03:41 PM
What can I say? I'm not shocked. After all humans are capable of doing the same thing to their own kind, so why not a dog....I hope there a god:pray:

Winston
March 15th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Well put cpietra! How true is that! And yes I hope there is a God as well!

I keep hoping what goes around ! Comes around!

Cindy

heidiho
March 15th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I know this might sound sick,but why i cant understand it is,animals are different then humans,they are somewhat helpless,rely on us,and give nothing but love,i can understand more when it is humans hurting humans,it just doesnt shock me as much,depending on the crime,but to hurt an innocent animal is very hard to grasp for me.

tigger5
March 15th, 2007, 04:39 PM
And so, someone has now shown how much lower "man" can go....

Shamrock
March 15th, 2007, 05:18 PM
omg...the sadistic evilness of this defies comprehension...
Shocking, sickening.. nauseating.:sick: :sad: :evil:

QUOTE=heidiho;391162]I know this might sound sick,but why i cant understand it is,animals are different then humans,they are somewhat helpless,rely on us,and give nothing but love,i can understand more when it is humans hurting humans,it just doesnt shock me as much,depending on the crime,but to hurt an innocent animal is very hard to grasp for me.[/QUOTE]

Heidi, I understand what your are meaning.. but there are plenty of humans who are reliant and helpless too - children, the old,the infirm - as well as those who've been rendered helpless - who've suffered horrible cruelty and death.
Helpless humans and helpless animals are often sadly the prey of the monsters in our midst.

It's all hard to grasp.:sad: :sad: :sad:

chico2
March 15th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I am not surprised any more either,some people in our society are just plain evil:evil:
This poor girl,I am sure she'll have nightmares about what happened to her dog for a long time to come.
I hope they catch the evildoers and lock them up forever,their next victim might be a child:evil:

dmc123
March 15th, 2007, 06:49 PM
I was just telling my roomate about this awful story, I had read it at work during lunch.

This is one of the most horrific (is that a word?) stories I have ever heard, because of the abuse to that poor dog and for the absolute torture to that poor girl. I was so upset when I read it and when I think about it.

Diane

heidiho
March 15th, 2007, 06:56 PM
It is stories like the 101 year old lady in new york getting punched and mugged,or Jessica in florida 9 years old stuffed in a bag alive ,found clutching a stuffed animal,that really do get me pretty upset w/ the whole human race and i think that is why i just have attached myself to animals,i do not know how people can do sick s*** like that..Plus i was just raised in a way that made me love and respect animals.....

rainbow
March 15th, 2007, 07:16 PM
This is absolutely deplorable, sickening and disgusting. :mad: It sounds like it could be a rejected boyfriend. I hope they catch the bastid and is sentenced appropriately. :fingerscr :fingerscr

Frenchy
March 15th, 2007, 07:51 PM
I read it at lunch, was too mad, I wish real bad things on this person.

Smiley14
March 15th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I just saw this one today too. The scary thing is it's only like 20 miles from my house. :sad: :frustrated: Now I want to lock my gates so no one can get into my backyard. :mad:

chico2
March 16th, 2007, 07:51 AM
IMO,whether the pain and suffering is inflicted on a human or an animal,the evil is the same,the torturing of an animal is often the prelude to human victims,I wish our justice system would connect the dots and put these"people"away in a very dark place...:fingerscr

Rick C
March 23rd, 2007, 10:08 AM
An arrest has been made in this case. Story at this link:

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/03/23/dog.head.ap/index.html

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

mummummum
March 23rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
What a hideously evil "human being". We can only hope that he gets the help he needs before he becomes a serial killer of animals and humans. I was comforted to see that he was listed on America's Most Wanted who upped the reward to $20,000 ~ it supports the message that animals DO matter and they ARE valued.

chico2
March 23rd, 2007, 04:31 PM
Thank's Rick,animal-cruelty charges are stiffer in the US than here,still not stiff enough,however the terrorist charges whatever they are might land him in jail for a long time:fingerscr