Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Talk about bad luck!!

raingirl
March 15th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I'm sure those of you in Toronto saw this front page news story:

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_8763.aspx

Well...what really sucks is the guy has almost EXACTLY the same name as my boyfriend (they both have 3 first names, two of which are the same as my boyfriend, and the same last name) and he also apparently lives/used to live in the same building as where my boyfriend used to live.

I feel so bad for him. News stations were calling his parents because they thought he was the guy, which means they probably illegally got a copy of his credit report.

Not to mention that people at work are making fun of him. I hate the Ides of March...it's a badluck day.

Prin
March 15th, 2007, 01:40 PM
hehe, talk about karma. :evil: :laughing:

meb999
March 15th, 2007, 01:42 PM
yikes! Poor guy...bad luck indeed...

Stacer
March 15th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Anything but a pedophile. That truly sucks. Maybe you two should have a shot gun wedding and he'll take your last name.

Prin
March 15th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Oh, wait! Sorry! I thought it was your ex boyfriend. :sorry: I sound so malicious, don't I? :D

Yeah, that is terrible. :sad: :sad:

raingirl
March 15th, 2007, 02:29 PM
yeah. No it's my current boyfriend. He even had some flak on facebook! At least he can delete comments there.

It's even starting to get to me because people keep jokingly say "are you sure you trust the guy", "where were you this weekend?" and "so you like dating pedophile!" stuff... grrr...

He works in IT with me and even some cases he was working on, the people had requested he was taken off the case until his manager had to explain to them it wasn't the same guy. He has got emails from all kinds of people...

It's just so annoying. I used to be a Private Investigator and I KNOW that it's posible that this guys criminal record could accidentally be pulled up instead of my boyfriends clean record by accident (trust me, it happens). I so hate that this is happening.

Prin
March 15th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Aww, that really must be hard. Maybe your man should consider a name change or something? :o

raingirl
March 15th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Anything but a pedophile. That truly sucks. Maybe you two should have a shot gun wedding and he'll take your last name.

Isn't a shotgun wedding when the girl is pregnant? Last I checked...I wasn't....

I dont think he would want my last name. by the time he changed it, people will have mostly forgot about it (except there is still the possibility of errors in criminal record checks)

rainbow
March 15th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Holy crap....that really sucks. I think I'd realy consider a name change too.

raingirl
March 16th, 2007, 09:36 AM
It's getting worse today. he is thinking of speaking with human resources because of all the flak he is having with co-workers. People who deal with him who only know his name are causing problems and spreading incorrect information. Not to mention the teasing from co-workers.

There is only so much you can take before you lose your patience with something like this. both of us are patient, but this is ridiculous. It's getting to the point where I'm thinking he should send out a centre wide email advising them to cease talking about it, because it's getting ridiculous.

Schwinn
March 16th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Wow, I can see how that would suck. If it were me, I wouldn't change my name either. What I would do is carry the guy's picture to show people it wasn't me, if it was that bad. And I'd tell the co-workers enough was enough, and if it continued, definitely go to HR.

I had a sketch someone posted of an attacker look kind of like me once, got a few looks, but nothing worse. I can only imagine. (I think I still have an obituary with my buddies name on it around somewhere. He insists he's not dead though, but I can never tell. He's always fibbing about stuff).

Frenchy
March 16th, 2007, 11:47 AM
It's getting worse today. he is thinking of speaking with human resources because of all the flak he is having with co-workers. People who deal with him who only know his name are causing problems and spreading incorrect information. Not to mention the teasing from co-workers.

That sucks raingirl :sad:

Prin
March 16th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Aww. That really sucks. :sad: :sad:

Kristin7
March 16th, 2007, 07:01 PM
wow, sorry to hear, that really sucks. I am not sure what his company's policies are, but where I work he could complain that people were making him uncomfortable and making it hard to do his job and action would be taken against them. He maybe should go to human resources to consult about what he should do. Oops, i just read below that he is thinking of doing this. I really think he should! Good luck. :fingerscr