Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

"The Family Dog"

woodbyter
April 3rd, 2004, 06:09 AM
The family's dog was bought to guard,
Chained to a post in a chilly backyard,
Housed in a shed that was airless and dark, And every few weeks had a run in the park.

Boredom set in with no fun and no work, One day it broke loose and went quietly berserk.

Pa couldn't fathom just why it went wild, As it flattened his wife and then bit his child.

The police were called in to sort out the mess, And the whole sorry tale was revealed in the press,

The Rescue Society was really annoyed, So, the dog was re-homed, and the owners destroyed.
:D

doggy lover
April 3rd, 2004, 07:40 AM
Thats what should happen in the real world, who can blame the poor thing for going crazy!

amaruq
April 3rd, 2004, 07:44 AM
YES! I love this story!!!!!! Thats the way it should be.

Chany
April 3rd, 2004, 08:35 AM
Very sweet woodbyter! At first I thought it was going to ba a sad one but I just love the ending!!!!:p

chico2
April 3rd, 2004, 09:24 AM
Woodbyter:D :D :D :D

Catt31
April 3rd, 2004, 09:58 AM
Good one!!!! Thats the way it should be!!!

I'm starting to notice our new neighbours...they have 2 dogs (fair size) and NEVER EVER walk them or play with them in the yard. They escaped, and apparently the one is a repeat offender, according to the Animal by law dudes that were here last night..... I think if they walked the dogs or at least played with them outside, they wouldn't run away!!

I want Brick to play with them, but I don't want them to teach him bad habits!!! Its soooo sad!!! I play with them over the fence all the time....drives Brick wild!!! But I feel sooo bad for them!!! :(

Iggette
April 3rd, 2004, 05:57 PM
Oh I just loved that......such a great end