Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

how do i download a video file?

RolandsMom
March 14th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I am struggling to uplad a video. how do i do it????

CyberKitten
March 14th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Where do you want to upload it? I have only uploaded graphic files (ie gifs or jpegs here) - not sure if we cab upload videos here, they take up a huge amt of space!! If you are trying to d it on another site (like Youtube for example), there are instructions - it is similar to the process here, you browse on your hard drive for the file and then click Upload. If you are doing it for a web site, you could use any FTP software.

Good luck!

Prin
March 14th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I use http://video.google.ca/ , but you can use photobucket too (I find it more choppy though), or you can use youtube....

CyberKitten
March 14th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Google bought Youtube Prin (sigh!) so they rae one and the same now=- or soomn will be. Youtube still operates as it die but I think they will all be one or the other soon - prob the Google name but that's just a guess. lol

I was not thinking of a PLACE, I was thinking directions, lol I upload them to websites with DTP or editors provided by servers but places online that I have used include Youtube - have nt tried Google but now that they are both the same company, I can prob say I sort of have, lol There are many others - less well known - or you could use some peer to peer applications byt they tend to have too much spyware or malware (I am thinking Bearwear and those kinds of software) and torrents.

There is also a place on MSN as well I believe.

Prin
March 14th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Yep, google bought youtube, but google video is still better than youtube. :shrug:

RolandsMom
March 14th, 2007, 05:19 PM
someone emailed me a really lovely little video clip and i wanted to put it up here somehow. im not even sure how do give a url link (in fact i dont even know what that is. :rolleyes: ) any idea how i can get a link to it up here? there is a internet site with it on but i dont know the exact address of the clip.

Prin
March 14th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Oh, if it's a website, you just copy the http://www etc into your post. :shrug:

RolandsMom
March 14th, 2007, 05:26 PM
yea ive tried to find the exact location but cant open the video with our Apple comp. so i can give you the www link. its www.ketaketa.com and its in 'our animals' theres one there with a kitten and a golden lab or retriever (i think thats what it is.)its called "a patient dog.wmv" have a look see if you can see it. its way too cute.

Prin
March 14th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Is it the one with the bone? I only see 8 clips in the animal section and that's the only dog one..:o

RolandsMom
March 14th, 2007, 05:32 PM
no, if you go to the home page its the second one from the top in the right hand column with our pets written underneath

Prin
March 14th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Ah.. We've seen that one.:D

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy_VbBiEkeY

RolandsMom
March 14th, 2007, 05:36 PM
oh yay! thanks. has it been posted up here yet?

Prin
March 14th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah, but people always miss them the first time. :shrug:

RolandsMom
March 14th, 2007, 05:37 PM
ahh. i see you said we..so i'll take that as a yes :D

RolandsMom
March 14th, 2007, 05:37 PM
well then its worth another post i think. i can always claim ignorance..:angel:

Prin
March 14th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Definitely. :laughing: