Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sylvia Browne

Lukka'sma
March 14th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I just saw her while flicking channels on TV and it reminded me of how much I hate for people to get taken in with her whole psychic thing.
I'm not saying I hate her personally or that I think all psychics are bad people, but sad to say some people believe this stuff enough to regiment their whole lives around the advice of a psychic.
I would probably cringe to know how much money some people pay her for a reading and the purchasing of her books.
If done for entertainment reasons only I could understand someone going, but for those individuals that are in such a vulnerable place in their lives that they believe she is all knowing I feel sorry for them as I see her string them along.
Hope this does not offend anyone here. Certainly not my intent. Just an observation of how captivated the crowd was with her. But of course the only people that would go see her would be the believers so that shouldn't surprise me any.

Cathy1
March 14th, 2007, 10:10 PM
On her website it said she charges $750 and her son also does it but charges less. She did a reading for a family in the US, the one where their son was missing for about 5 years and then came home, and she told them he was dead and charged them $750.

Lukka'sma
March 15th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Wow, $750.00, ludicrous.
You are probably talking about the Shawn Hornbeck case. Very bizarre twists and turns there even without Sylvia Browns input!