Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What's my daddy?

H.P.
March 13th, 2007, 10:55 PM
I finally got some pretty good pics of Sydney, she is 9 months old now. Her mom was a black lab mix, with maybe great dane. She does not look at all like mom. She is 45 lbs, and 22.5 inches at the shoulder. She has a light undercoat, loves to run and track mice, she runs FAST! I think that she might be smart. she is very high energy when she is not sleeping. When people ask me what kind of dog she is (and they ask a lot), I usually tell them big fuzzy termite. Any ideas what dad might have been.

TeriM
March 13th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Haven't got a clue but she sure is a cutie :lovestruck: .

H.P.
March 13th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Two more pics ('cuz I think she's cute:lovestruck:) She also smiles and howls:

RolandsMom
March 13th, 2007, 11:40 PM
what a happy looking pooch! shes lovely! (i have even less idea than you what her other half is though, sorry)

technodoll
March 13th, 2007, 11:45 PM
malamute or siberian huskey, or elkhound, or keeshound. could be anything but she's a cutie! :p

H.P.
March 13th, 2007, 11:52 PM
I was thinking maybe malamute. I have also had the suggestions of Huskey, GSD, and beagle?

lt_danish
March 14th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Wow, what a cuite. Its always a hard guess with genetics. Maybe her mom had some genes that were resessive but when mixed with her dads they came out. Maybe GSD, or what about some sort of a herding dog? Blue heeler? Hmm, her ears, what sort of breeds have those ears?

Prin
March 14th, 2007, 12:26 AM
You saw the mom? I'm guessing if she's a lab X, this doggy got the X part..:D To me, she looks like a german shep/husky mix with a third doggy in there too to make the ears floppy...:o Or maybe a border collie mixed with husky?

H.P.
March 14th, 2007, 12:37 AM
yeah, I saw mom (she had been dumped just a couple of days before giving birth) , 2 of her sibs looked like border collies, 2 like black labs, and 9 of the Xs including Sydney. I figure she could have gotten the earflop from mom, though one of the stood up for a few weeks before she teethed

Spirit
March 14th, 2007, 12:56 AM
I'd put money on a GSD / heeler mix in there somewhere. I dont really see the lab at all. LOL

angeldogs
March 14th, 2007, 05:37 AM
I have no clue other than that she's cute:lovestruck:

mummummum
March 14th, 2007, 06:07 AM
I definitely see the GSD and husky or mal in there. Can't say I see any BC tho.

coppperbelle
March 14th, 2007, 06:58 AM
She looks like she has some husky. The fact that she is a howler confirms it for me.

Kristin7
March 14th, 2007, 12:04 PM
To me she looks like she may have some GSD, husky and/or some type of herding dog in her. She's very cute! :lovestruck:

Dog Dancer
March 14th, 2007, 04:06 PM
She sure is cute. I'm with TD, my first thought when I saw the first pic was Keeshond (sp?). the sideways pic looks GSD though, like Prin I don't see the lab (other than the floppy ears).

rainbow
March 14th, 2007, 04:10 PM
I see German Shepherd/Husky/Border Collie. Definitely a cutie. :lovestruck:

Prin
March 14th, 2007, 07:04 PM
I definitely see the GSD and husky or mal in there. Can't say I see any BC tho.

For me there's border collie in the feathers and the ears, and the body size.... That's about it.

Byrd
March 14th, 2007, 07:13 PM
She has a beautiful smile! :lovestruck:

I was thinking shep/husky because of the coat, and agree with Prin on the ears, maybe BC or even Aussie, she sure has an Aussie smile.

izzywizzyga
March 17th, 2007, 09:27 PM
id have to definately say their is some german shepard their

MyBirdIsEvil
March 17th, 2007, 11:41 PM
I think there's some german shepherd, husky and either border collie or aussie shepherd.
Just looks like a huge mix of stuff to me lol.

hazelrunpack
March 17th, 2007, 11:54 PM
awwwww...whatever she is, she's all dog and that's what counts! :thumbs up What a cutie! :cloud9:

CyberKitten
March 18th, 2007, 02:41 AM
Those ears and her "snout' (is that a word?) look like German Shepherd to me but that is pure guesswork. What's important is she is a cute and kind looking doggie!!