Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wow... testiclular implants for dogs

sissani
March 13th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Anyone else find this amazingly stupid?

Testicular implants for dogs, so the dog can be neutered without "feeling like he's missing anything".

http://www.neuticles.com/index1.html

mafiaprincess
March 13th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Isn't new.. been around a decent amount of time. Least it doesn't give a guy an excuse about his dog loosing his manhood and such.

technodoll
March 13th, 2007, 09:13 PM
some people have cheated with their monorchid showdogs thanks to this stupid and totally useless invention... yay for "may the best dog win", eh? :frustrated:

(must have been a man who invented this, he he)

wdawson
March 13th, 2007, 09:20 PM
(must have been a man who invented this, he he)

hehe....its all about who has the biggest

technodoll
March 13th, 2007, 10:03 PM
he he he! not just for dogs! :D www.bumpernuts.com/

LynLyn
March 13th, 2007, 10:15 PM
hehe i get the giggles everytime someone mentions them.

lt_danish
March 14th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Thats just weird. Has there actually been research (valid research) done to explore how dogs feel after being neutered? Do people actually not neuter their dogs because they don't like the look of neutered dog?

Prin
March 14th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Um... I think the guy who invented them got a nobel prize (unless that was a hoax).

Boo doesn't mind, IMO, that he doesn't have any plums, but he sure does mind when other dogs do.... :D

rainbow
March 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM
I think it's completely assinine to do this. :sad:

And, the guy did win a Nobel Prize. :rolleyes: :mad:

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/inventor-of-fake-dog-testicles-wins-ig/20051007013209990004

athenamor
March 14th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Ok, under the Most frequently asked questions:

My vet said Neuticles are not ethical. Is that true?

We feel the removal of a God given body part - leaving a male pet looking unwhole after the traditional form of neutering is not only unethical but unnatural. With Neuticles it's like nothing ever changed.

UM aren't fake testies, unnatural? and they say this statement after expressing the importance of neutering..... You can't promote neutuering, and then call it unethical.....

Prin
March 14th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Oh, don't get me started on unethical and neutering.

How many millions of dogs have to die every year before you start calling THAT unethical?

not you but you know, the man who wrote that.:D :mad:

Kristin7
March 16th, 2007, 12:13 PM
omg, NOT the Nobel prize, but he did win an Ig Nobel prize! :laughing:

"The Ig Nobels, given at Harvard University by Annals of Improbable Research magazine, celebrate the humorous, creative and odd side of science."

My opinion of these is that yes, they are totally stupid. However, if it leads to someone neutering their dog when they would not if they couldn't use these, then I guess it is ok... just dumb and i have to wonder about what it says about someone who 'needs' to do this to their dog.

technodoll
March 16th, 2007, 12:26 PM
just dumb and i have to wonder about what it says about someone who 'needs' to do this to their dog.

prolly the same people whe "need" breast implants! :D :clown:

Kristin7
March 16th, 2007, 06:30 PM
lol, yeah, TD, or at least similar personality types. I was thinking perhaps that only certain men would do this to their dogs...

athenamor
March 16th, 2007, 07:42 PM
not you but you know, the man who wrote that.:D :mad:

LOL Prin, I know. I agree. I was just (and still am) really upset about how they were talking about the importance of neutering and the overflow of unwanted dogs that die each year, then turn around and call it unethical to alter a dogs "God given body part"