Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

is feeding my dog a raw egg once a week good for her

hardhatt
March 12th, 2007, 10:47 AM
I was told to help keep my dogs coat soft feeding her a raw egg once a week is good. My puppy is only 11 weeks old. If I am feeding her I high protean diet, Blue buffalo puppy food. Will the Egg once a week really make any difference.

I would like to hear all thoughts on this. :thumbs up :thumbs up

Scott_B
March 12th, 2007, 11:27 AM
wont hurt her at all. I feed whole raw eggs a few times a week. Shell and all. As long as its not the main source of diet. Try freezing a few and giveing them as treats. Fun to watch them roll them aound.

JanM
March 12th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks to the wisdom from this board, I now feed my two dogs raw eggs about 3 x per week. I've been shelling them though so now I have a new experience to try - shell and all. They love the eggs..

brandynva
March 12th, 2007, 02:34 PM
We have ducks that roam our backyard. Mileva, in particular, will go out and find their eggs and munch on them, shell and all. She really likes it when she can find them! I do give mine raw eggs about 2x a week, but I never thought about freezing them. That's a great idea!

Toonces
March 12th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the tip about freezing the eggs, will have to try that next time with my 2.

hardhatt
March 12th, 2007, 04:17 PM
not sure if my Pomeranian puppy is ready for the whole egg with shell. Not sure see could get her mouth around it. she sure does love them raw in bowl thou. :crazy:

technodoll
March 12th, 2007, 04:36 PM
yep eggs are almost 100% pure bioavailable protein, perfectly balanced in its whole form (with shell, balances out the calcium). even without the shell they are great, feed as many as your dog can tolerate :thumbs up

angeldogs
March 13th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Mine gets a raw egg once a day.he won't bother with the shell.