Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bourbon's first walk w/ new friend

athenamor
March 11th, 2007, 07:33 PM
My friend has been kind enough to let me try to socialize Bourbon with her dog Jack (lab/husky mix) I had to put a muzzle on Bourbon, last night he kinda got into a fight with an unteathered ladoodle(?) who rushed him from across the street. So anyways, he was distacted w/ the muzzle and fought it but he did really well. Afte a few minutes he let Jack sniff at him w/out paying any mind to it. When we got to my house, I took the muzzle off for him to say good bye to Jack.

We decided that as weather premits we will walk every evening, until he can have the whole walk w/out the muzzle. I'm so proud of my boy. It also helps Jack, because he was attacked by a larger dog a while back, and has been a little leery around other dogs ever since.

Frenchy
March 11th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Good boy Bourbon :thumbs up Slowly but surely, that's the way to go . It's nice that he has a play partner, maybe they'll become best friend.

mummummum
March 12th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Atta Boy Bourbon !

athenamor
March 13th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Went for another walk yesterday w/ Jack. And I took the muzzle off after a few minutes. I figured since he was ignoring Jack's sniffing, he was calm. towards the end he wrestled jumped, and played. He even layed down and let Jack lick at him. If Bourbon was nervous or aggitated he would never lay down. He's not that submissive towards other animals. I am proud of my boy. yay, gonna do the muzzle thing for the first few minutes of "introduction" with Jack because he still puffs up. but after he calms down, I will continue to take it off. I'll try to remember to take my camera today. I'll post pics!