Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I think I finally found the perfect dog sitter!

erykah1310
March 11th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I placed an ad a while back for a dog sitter for when I go out of town.
Just when I thought for sure I was going to get stuck I got an email and a phone number today. I called her and she seems wonderful!
Im going to meet her tuesday, the best part is, she sounds so great and lives 2 roads over!!!!:D

She breeds, and yes shows as well as does all the stuff we like such as OFA's and CERF's, Labs. I flat out said to her that I was leary of breeders after we had talked a while and she feels the same.
She was super excited that B and Puppy were rescues of sorts and cant wait to meet them all.
She has some dog CPR first aid certification thing, and has a list of references for me too...
Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well on Tuesday, I'm hoping it does:fingerscr :pray:

Hunter's_owner
March 11th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Great to hear Erykah.

I am sending good vibes that everything goes well with the meeting.:goodvibes:

joeysmama
March 11th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Congratulations. I hope it works out well !! :fingerscr

I am SOOO jealous. We're going away for a couple different weekends this spring and had assumed my son would be home for Cooper. But the first one he'll be traveling on business so we're stuck. My mother isn't a reliable sitter anymore. When he was a puppy we boarded him with a nice lady from church who has a small dog and it worked out well, but that's when he was crated during the night and when she went to work. Now I don't feel comfortable having him left unattended with another dog.

I'm leaning towards asking my cousin. I think he'd get more attention there and be happier. But we've spoiled him. And he still is very puppy like. So it's like asking someone to take a high energy toddler.

I wish I could find a sitter like yours. Maybe I'll ask the vet if he can recommend someone.

rainbow
March 11th, 2007, 08:21 PM
She sounds like a great person. Lots of good vibes for Tuesday. :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

mummummum
March 12th, 2007, 08:53 PM
:thumbs up :fingerscr A good sitter is worth their weight in GOLD ~ GOOD LUCK !:fingerscr :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2007, 08:56 PM
:fingerscr that all goes well tomorrow!

erykah1310
March 12th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks everyone, Im so excited and nervous at the same time.
Feels kinda silly to say out loud though, lol, I was telling the guys at work this morning ( like they really cared) and one of them was looking at me like I was a fruit cake!

mummummum
March 12th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Defintely not dawg people Erykah... maybe if you said car-detailer instead of dawg sitter, their ears would have perked up. :D

Prin
March 13th, 2007, 04:40 AM
:fingerscr :fingerscr I hope it works out. :)

rainbow
March 13th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I hope the guy at work that thinks you're a fruitcake doesn't have pets. :o Good luck today, Erykah. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

erykah1310
March 16th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Due to working hours for me and training class hours for her as well as daylight savings crap, I met her today!
Im very impressed!
Found the dogs a sitter:thumbs up
She has the most adorable Labs I have ever seen, im not a lab person but her little male won me over in a hurry:lovestruck: :cloud9:
Without too much babbling im just going to leave it at that. Just thought I would let everyone know, its as good there as I hoped it would be.
Kita really liked her and actually almost took a liking to her husband ( very strange for my Kita gurl)

rainbow
March 16th, 2007, 07:16 PM
YAY....that's excellent news. :highfive: It's so much easier to leave your pets with someone you can trust and feel good about. :)

erykah1310
March 17th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Im so excited about boarding there, just have to get kennel cough done, and they are good to go.
I know they are going to have a blast.
Kita loved the labs that live there, she plopped herself on the front porch and "took over" :crazy: she almost didnt want to get back in the car to leave:shrug:
Anyways, im going to pick a random weekend and send them over for a night and part of a day to see how they do when im still close by.
Ease my mind for when im gone for a week at a time.

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I'm sure they'll love it from the sound of things. :cloud9: Let us know how it goes. :fingerscr Does someone come in to feed your cats and rabbits when you're gone? :)

erykah1310
March 17th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Yup random friends come by and check things out regarding all of them. My dad is really good about coming over and "dealing" with my cats ( he IS NOT a cat person and would much rather I didnt have any :rolleyes: )

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Awww, you mean Mia and Larry haven't won him over yet? :lovestruck:

erykah1310
March 17th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Nope, he is scared of Mia, he said she reminds him too much of the siamese that attacked him as a kid. He has had horrible experiences with cats so I cant really blame him. lol, Although it was 40 some odd years ago.:rolleyes:

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I was attacked a couple times as a kid too.....once was my own fault. :o

Hunter's_owner
March 18th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Found the dogs a sitter:thumbs up

That is great news Erykah:highfive:

But, Hunter is sooo disappointed in you...
im not a lab person but her little male won me over in a hurry:lovestruck: :cloud9:

Hee hee:p He says he would win you over too;) :o :laughing:

erykah1310
March 18th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Oh its nothing personal with labs, just not a breed I would choose is all :o
I like most of the Labs I have met in my time... yup all 26 years lol, but they are just not my personality match . ( sounds like im dating them or something lol:laughing: )
I bet Hunter would win me over:cloud9: I love all dogs, but would only seek out certain ones. By all means if a Lab needed me, I wouldnt ever turn it away.

Hunter's_owner
March 18th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Lol Erykah, I was just teasing:laughing:

Frenchy
March 18th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Glad you found the perfect sitter Erykah :thumbs up It must be so hard finding one you can trust.