Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spring Forward

Byrd
March 10th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Don't forget to set your clocks forward an hour tonight. Daylight Savings is three weeks early this year (and will be later going back in the fall too). :goodvibes:

Thank goodness, that means I don't have to rush home from work and try to get a walk in before it gets dark (not too good of an idea to walk at night around here) now it won't be dark until almost 8:00 p.m. Whoo Hoo!!! :highfive: :cloud9:

Skryker
March 10th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Woo hoo! I walk to and from work and I much prefer it still being light when I get home.

Of course, I'll be extending the store hours as the weather gets better, but I'm not going to stay open until 8 or 9...I gotta make dinner and drive my guy to his job!

Weird for the early DST-we're springing forward before it's even spring1 :p

Byrd
March 10th, 2007, 04:30 PM
It was supposed to have been April 1st, but apparently due to the 'energy crisis' they are doing it early so that we don't have to turn our lights on as early.

You own a store???

Skryker
March 10th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I guess I've only posted it in the TJT-as of the 1st of April, I own a bookstore. :thumbs up

I started working there a couple of weeks ago, and the current owner told me when she hired my that she was selling the store because she doesn't have the time to run it properly (she works full time at city hall and does all the bookwork for her husband's business, so adding a store on top of that was way too much and she's burning out.) So, hubby and I talked it over, decided to see if we could get a loan-and we did!

I've always wanted to own a little used bookstore so it's a dream come true. Might not be able to pay myself much at first :laughing: , but I'm confident that I can turn it from just paying for itself into quite a profitable little business. Problem is, for a little while I'll have to put the money that's currently paying a salary into improvements to the store. :fingerscr that I won't have to go without pay for too long.

Byrd
March 10th, 2007, 04:57 PM
I would love to do that too, but don't have the means to go without pay for a while, nor can I have uncertainty as to the next paycheque. :sad:

Too bad you live so far away, would love to come and check it out.

Skryker
March 10th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah, if I was on my own, this would be impossible! But since mine is the second income, we can sweat it out.

One of my plans for the business is to create a website for it, so in a few months you should be able to virtually check it out.

Hee hee, I'm planning on sneaking in good pet books (we also carry new books although used books are the bulk of the inventory) and fleshing out the "New Age" section with better stuff, too. Less John Edwards, more Starhawk and the Farrars; fewer mass market "you can do astrology in your spare time!" circa 1975, more serious stuff. I found the Canadian distributor for Llwellyn books and that should help. :D I even found a copy of "Chariots of the Gods" by Erich Von Danikin sitting on the shelf at my store, for gosh sakes! Not exactly cutting edge in the field.

Byrd
March 10th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Awesome plans! I like your plans with the new age section. :thumbs up

raingirl
March 11th, 2007, 08:02 AM
hahah. I think it's 9 am where I am right now. Rhode Island is in the same time zone and has the same rules, but I ordered Room Service for 9 am..and it's not here yet....so I'm wondering if it's 8 am....or 10 am? I dunno....

Skryker
March 11th, 2007, 09:51 AM
We've got different time zones all over the house right now-it's 10:50am in the computer room and on the phone, but only 9:50 in the kitchen and my bedroom. :o

Byrd
March 11th, 2007, 11:09 AM
I'm shocked that my compter switched on its own, must have been one of the recent updates.

The good news is that for a month and a half Mohab and I are only six hours apart. :highfive:

Skryker
March 11th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Woo hoo! Closer to living in the same time zone! Must make it much easier to talk to him.

Kristin7
March 11th, 2007, 12:10 PM
My cell phone didn't switch and I can't figure out how to adjust it.... will just have to remember it's an hr off.

~michelle~
March 11th, 2007, 12:22 PM
cell phone companies usually switch them automatically, but they may be a little behind wait until tomorrow then it should be on time

Byrd
March 11th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Woo hoo! Closer to living in the same time zone! Must make it much easier to talk to him.

Actually, it's harder right now, he just started a new job where he works 9-6, so basically the only time we can talk now is Saturday night as I usually work until 5/5:30 which is (now) 11/11:30 over there so he has to head to bed. Oh well, it's better than nothing. :shrug:

My cell phone didn't change either. :confused:

Kristin7
March 11th, 2007, 07:34 PM
You're right, Michelle, mine eventually switched itself!

joeysmama
March 11th, 2007, 09:06 PM
My cell phone changed but not my computer. But that confused me cuz I didn't think the phone would change so I wasn't sure WHAT time it was this morning. I like more daylight though !:D

Byrd
March 11th, 2007, 09:09 PM
My phone still hasn't changed.

I was light out until almost 8:00!! :thumbs up

Prin
March 12th, 2007, 02:31 AM
I hate daylight savings. :yell: :sad:

Byrd
March 12th, 2007, 05:33 PM
YAY I tried turning my phone off and on again and it switched!!!! :goodvibes:

~michelle~
March 12th, 2007, 05:43 PM
why do you hate it prin?:(

erykah1310
March 12th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I hate it too, i get really crabby for about a week or so afterwards. I have a hard time adjusting to it. I also find myself confusing... myself ( see what I mean lol) by trying to figure out what time it " really is" :frustrated:

Prin
March 13th, 2007, 03:11 AM
I'm a night owl. Making me go to bed an hour later just makes me even less "normal". :o It's 4AM now. 3AM isn't soooo bad, but 4AM? That's when the newspaper comes and tomorrow has already started. :D