Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Presa Canario Not Lukka's Favorite

Lukka'sma
March 10th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Although I posted pics of Lukka playing with the Weim, and loving every tumble she took with him regardless of whom was on top, the same can not be said for the Presa Canario Dog we met on the other side of the park.
The two dogs took an instant dislike to each other and they had to be separated almost immediately. I didn't want any more outbursts so I put Lukka on her leash and we left the park. I think things could have become very out of control if we stayed.

He was a massive 5 year old. Towered above Lukka. Lukka off in the distance not noticing him as yet
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/DSCF0007-1.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/DSCF0005-1.jpg

Lukka very unhappy with him being near her
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/DSCF0016-1.jpg

angeldogs
March 10th, 2007, 11:08 PM
That's a big dog.i'm glad you got out of there before anything serious happened.at least she had fun with the weim.before having to leave the park.

hazelrunpack
March 10th, 2007, 11:16 PM
What a shame--but at least Lukka got out of there unscathed. (whew!) Did the Presa Canario interact well with the other dogs there?

Dracko
March 11th, 2007, 12:28 AM
I'd be scared *****less of that dog. He looks massive!

Lukka'sma
March 11th, 2007, 08:16 AM
The Presa didn't really interact with any dogs. He didn't seem to want to play with any dog not just Lukka. Not too sure why his owner would bring him when he obviously was not interested in having dogs near him.
He was very large indeed. A Great Dane at the gate when this Presa came in was smaller than this dog.

Frenchy
March 11th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Lukka very unhappy with him being near her

omg ! She looks like she was ready to bit his head off !

Scott_B
March 11th, 2007, 11:57 AM
He likely just couldnt find the right dog to play. Rosco is like this. Yesterday he pretty much ignored all the dogs except his brother and half sis. Other times he'll just walk around next to me, not interested in chasing dogs. A few weeks ago he just sat there watching 4 other dogs chase a husky around. Just didnt interest him.

pitgrrl
March 11th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Too bad it wasn't a good doggie match, but really, they can't all be. The Presa is beautiful though.

jesse's mommy
March 11th, 2007, 01:38 PM
He likely just couldnt find the right dog to play. Rosco is like this. Yesterday he pretty much ignored all the dogs except his brother and half sis. Other times he'll just walk around next to me, not interested in chasing dogs. A few weeks ago he just sat there watching 4 other dogs chase a husky around. Just didnt interest him.

I agree with this. Jesse was like that today at the dog park. We only stayed for about 1/2 hour - 45 minutes before we left. She just wasn't interested. The only dog she was interested in playing with had a butthead owner who didn't want his dog to "share" his toy with any other dogs. It was some kind of toy that had the fabric of a fatcat toy, but it was for water. Stupid idiot owner would throw it out with about ten dogs directly around him and get mad when other dogs chased after it. What was he thinking? He's at a dog park and he's throwing a retrieving toy with about fifty dogs in the entire park with retriever in them and he expected his dog to be the only one to chase it? Hello! :frustrated: Sorry I just went off topic with that. But I do agree with Scott.

And yes, the presa is beautiful.

Scott_B
March 11th, 2007, 03:04 PM
haha, no its funny ya said that. Yesterday a guy had a tennis ball and Rosco would get it the odd time. He'd plead with rosco to give it back, it wasnt his, its his own dogs ball..blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

Kocela
March 14th, 2007, 05:04 PM
They giant dog was at the park today when we were there. He and Logan sniffed each other and then went the separate ways, the Presa also seem disinterested in all the dogs there today. Too bad Lukka had a bad experience with him. :sad:

Lukka'sma
March 14th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Yea, I don't get it either Chris.
The two dogs were nose to nose and within five seconds Lukka was a mad woman.
I suppose it is entirly possible for two dogs to hate each other on site for no apparent reason (at least not apparent to me). It was very obvious however that Lukka could not be in the same park with him, she went back a couple of times and tried to start things up again. Thank goodness that tank of a dog lol didn't react to Lukka's aggression.

Kocela
March 14th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I think there are dogs that just don't get along. :shrug: There has been once that i can remember that Logan went to sniff another dog and it started growling and being aggressive towards him... :sad: and Logan doesn't often back down. But once I grabbed him and told him to leave it and go play he did and just ignored the dog the rest of the time we are there, so luckily it has never forced us to leave, which is good cause our boys so do enjoy a good romp at the dog park. :D

chowchowman
March 18th, 2007, 12:36 PM
kassi is 9 now and the only dogs she'll play with, are the ones she new from birth. my cousins' husky and one my buudys' chow/sheperd mix. other then those two, she wants nothing to do with other dogs. she doesn't fight though, just walks away unless she's in the yard or provoqued. her best play friends are squirrels.:laughing: