Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Australia hit by cyclone George...

Prin
March 9th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I hope Aussie Mel is ok. :fingerscr I don't know where in Aus she is, so :goodvibes: :fingerscr...

North-west WA cleans up after cyclone George, braces for Jacob
Emergency services are preparing the Pilbara region, in north-west Western Australia, for its second severe cyclone in 72 hours.

Tropical cyclone George has weakened to a category one system but another storm is on the way.

Emergency crews are stretched to the limit in the aftermath of the cyclone which caused serious damage after its 275 kilometre an hour winds hit Port Hedland and devastated a remote railway camp, killing one person and injuring another 28.

Premier Alan Carpenter is expected to see the damage from cyclone George when he flies into the region later this morning.

Howard Fiedler from the Fire and Emergency Services Authority says emergency crews are now racing against the clock to prepare for cyclone Jacob.[...]
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200703/s1868368.htm

Hunter's_owner
March 9th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Yeah definitely hope she is okay.:fingerscr

Good luck to everyone over there:pray:

jesse's mommy
March 9th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Didn't Gomez just move there too? I hope it wasn't too severe. :fingerscr

gomez
March 10th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Yes, we are in Australia now

The cyclones are in Western Australia and we are in melbourne, on the south-eastern coast, we are perfectly fine...

Lots of damage over there though...

11 more sleeps for Gomez in quarantine....

TeriM
March 10th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Aww, poor Gomez :sad: . Do you get to visit with him?

Fingers crossed that everyone is ok and was safe from the cyclone's effects :fingerscr .

gomez
March 10th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Aww, poor Gomez :sad: . Do you get to visit with him?

Fingers crossed that everyone is ok and was safe from the cyclone's effects :fingerscr .

yes, we can visit twice a week for 3 hours each time - there are fenced in excersise yards where we can play with him - it's only 30 days stay for dogs from the UK, but it seems like forever!

they take excellent care of him and his kennel is always spotless and fresh - it's 20' x 6' - big for him!

can't wait to have him back...

angeldogs
March 10th, 2007, 03:45 AM
this is the first i've heard about it.:fingerscr :goodvibes: that everone is safe.and can get out of the area for the next storm.

Prin
March 12th, 2007, 12:19 AM
I'm glad you're safe too Gomez! :) Good luck for the rest of the quarantine.:fingerscr

gomez
March 12th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks Prin - 8 more sleeps!!!