Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

American Idol. What the...

Mahealani770
March 9th, 2007, 01:48 PM
..hell is wrong with America? Sanjay should've BEEN gone!!!! And keeping Haley over Sabrina??? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :yell: I give up. I sware I'm going to Boycott A.I. I thought that Taylor Hicks winning last year was it for me, but this is ridiculous!!!! WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lukka'sma
March 9th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I haven't watched this show. I have seen glimpses of it off and on over the last few seasons. My bigest quandary was when someone named Fantasia (not sure of spelling) won. I almost fell off my chair. That is not a signing voice, that was pure torture like fingernails down a chalk board. Reminded me of a squeaking mouse.

Mahealani770
March 9th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Hahaha...but what's funny about that Lukka'sMa, is that Fantasia is very popular. She has albums and a movie about her life! Her mammoth mouth is what urks the hell out of me. :shrug:

brandynva
March 9th, 2007, 03:53 PM
I am so disappointed this year. I don't have a favorite. :sad:

Mahealani770
March 9th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I hear you Brandy...I don't even know the contestants names, they're so forgettable. They just need to end the A.I. craze. I think it's run its course.

brandynva
March 9th, 2007, 04:00 PM
I agree. I think Chris Daughtry last year was the best contestant and to have him get out so early was a huge let down. I think my favorite if I have to pick one, would be Gina Glockson and 2nd would be Lakiesha.

chico2
March 9th, 2007, 04:44 PM
I honestly could not believe it when Sabrina was voted off,the girl has a great voice and Sanjay how he ever made it this far is unbelievable!!
I think the"America Votes"thing is totally wrong,let people who know singing vote.
I kind of like the little blond guy(don't know their names)who sang first this week...
Fantasia when she sang the song Summertime,from Porgy and Bess was fantastic:thumbs up
I am also disappointed in Survivor Fiji,it's a real drag this time around!!
But still think The Amazing Race is great!!

Byrd
March 9th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I loooove Amazing Race!!! :lovestruck:

So, can you tell me who left American Idol this week? I had a test at the hospital last night and forgot to record it. :mad:

chico2
March 10th, 2007, 07:45 AM
2 girls,Antonella(beautiful,but no voice:D ) Sabrina,who IMO has a wonderful voice:mad:
Boys were the big rocker-wannabe and and the tall,good-looking crooner,don't remember their names.
Sanjay,the young kid is still there:eek:

Lukka'sma
March 10th, 2007, 08:09 AM
I can't wait for Big Brother (the US one). It is my favorite and I wish it ran more than once a year.

Byrd
March 10th, 2007, 11:53 AM
2 girls,Antonella(beautiful,but no voice:D ) Sabrina,who IMO has a wonderful voice:mad:
Boys were the big rocker-wannabe and and the tall,good-looking crooner,don't remember their names.
Sanjay,the young kid is still there:eek:

I'm glad Antonella is gone, I thought she was a little full of herself for someone that couldn't sing very well.

By rocker-wannabe do you mean Sundance... the guy with the goatee? I never liked him, except in that one performance he did.

I'm really surprised Sanjay is still there.

lt_danish
March 10th, 2007, 06:23 PM
OMG!! Sanjaya should have been gone so long ago. I was shocked he got to stay instead of AJ the previous week. But I do think they are making the divide between who is really good and who isn't by voting off some of the 'in the middle' range talents. Did anyone else notice a sort of country music loving thing going on? Like those people that sang country got enough votes to stay.

Spirit
March 13th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Anyone watch tonights show?

Worst. Dress. Ever. (oh, YOU know...) lol :D

(Edit) I normally don't watch this show, but I'm kinda hooked on the end of this season (one good talent), but tonight's episode is kind of all over the place. The pressure's on?

I agree that Sanjay should've been gone a long time ago, but the kid's got something. It might not be idol quality, but there's definitely something underneath. :)

chico2
March 14th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Sanjay is definetly cute,has that"excuse me for living"kind of demeanor,but he cannot sing,they should just kick all the guys off right now,they don't stand a chance.
I have a feeling people are voting for Sanjay for kicks:laughing:
My vote would go for Belinda or Jordin!! But this years show is baaaad!!

Mahealani770
March 14th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Well, I was unable to see the show lastnight as I have the WORST cable company EVER!!! My cable and internet were off ALL day and is STILL off NOW!!! I HATE CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS!!!!

So, please give me ALL the details..

poodletalk
March 14th, 2007, 08:25 AM
You can see some your favorite idol performers on youtube.com

RolandsMom
March 14th, 2007, 10:31 AM
last nights show, someone please vote Sanjaya OFF! he is painful to listen to! those three girls though, Jordin, Lakeisha and Melinda ROCKED last night. truly i can say that i thought Diana Ross would have been proud to hear her songs sung like that. the rest of them were mediocre! I think the contest is between those three for sure. I hope the voting American public is not going to be stupid and vote any of them off.

AliSam
March 14th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Did Sanjaya sing something last night??? I saw his lips moving but I didn't hear anything.

Byrd
March 14th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I thought the same thing, he's so quiet. And for sure can't move. I know he's only 17, so maybe this is good experience, maybe he and his sister will be something someday. The 21st century version of Donny and Marie.

Bet it's two guys that go tonight.

Byrd
March 14th, 2007, 09:30 PM
WTF!!!! :eek: does that kid have a horseshoe up his @$$ or what????

oh, can you tell I'm not an Idol watcher, I thought two went home each week until final four. oops

RolandsMom
March 14th, 2007, 10:26 PM
hehe. you guys crack me up, agian!!! hes young and a pretty boy but he still can sing worth a you know what! he has no oomph. he shows no soul. to be fair there are some others on there who need to be off!

RolandsMom
March 14th, 2007, 10:40 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Sanjaya SAFE????? OMG! do people realise that this is a SINGING contest? im (despite how it seems) SPEECHLESS!!!!!

Mahealani770
March 15th, 2007, 07:56 AM
WWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTFFFFFFF???? I am HOT!!! What in the hell is going on?? Are people voting for the WORST singer now???? It needs to stop! Good singers are being voted off for Sanjaya???? And do you see the look of unbelievability on his face??? lmao He's like...OMG, I shouldn't be here!
You're right!! You shouldn't be there!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:frustrated:

Rottielover
March 15th, 2007, 08:17 AM
I kinda like the rocker chic, but for the voices laikesha rules. Sanjay is a joke...

~michelle~
March 15th, 2007, 08:20 AM
oh american idol.... unfortunatey alot of people have no taste.... anyone remember the william hung phenomenon?

poodletalk
March 15th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Look at http://www.votefortheworst.com/ they are already pushing him to be in the top 10 so he can go on the tour. Apparently next week theme is a Gwen Stefani :laughing: should be very interesting

Loves Labs
March 15th, 2007, 08:52 AM
I am so disappointed in AI this year. That kid Sanjaya should have gone home ages ago - the show has got to be losing popularity because of this. Who is voting for this guy???:mad:

Can you imagine how the actual good singers that are getting kicked off feel knowing that he beat them out?? I would definitely go on a rampage.

chico2
March 15th, 2007, 08:55 AM
PT,that is what happened last year too,this geeky young man kept beeing voted in,someone is having fun with AI:laughing:
Now when the few goodish singers among the guys are gone,I liked Brandon somewhat,there is noone I like.
But those 3 or 4 girls are fantastic,love Belinda,or was it Melinda??
The rocker is kind of good too,but that's it!!
Diana Ross,seemed to have lost some of her voice-power,but she's probably about my age,looks really good though!

Mahealani770
March 15th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah, if anyone should've been voted off (after Sanjaya, of course) it should've been Diana Ross! WTH has happened to her???

rainbow
March 15th, 2007, 04:32 PM
I reall can't believe that Sanjaya is still there either. :eek: I think all of India must be voting for him. :rolleyes: This year totally sucks. The only good ones left are Lakeisha, Melinda and Jordin. Gina is pretty good too when she sings the right songs.

chico2
March 15th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Mahealani,age happened to Diana Ross,I think it's really sad,when singers or actors cannot end their career before they become laughed at,she was great at one time!!
I LOVED the Supremes,but you guys are probably to young to remember:confused:
A question:Why are my favourite shows already on rerun???
Like Law and Order SVU,Criminal Intent,or CSI??
I thik I watched maybe half a dozen new shows and now everything is reruns,what's going on:confused:

Byrd
March 20th, 2007, 10:55 PM
WOW Jordan gave me chills!!!!

WTF happened to Sanjaya???? Maybe he does have something.

Mahealani770
March 21st, 2007, 08:09 AM
Um...if Sanjaya stays one more week, I think I'll kill myself. :frustrated:

coppperbelle
March 21st, 2007, 08:16 AM
Did you see that little girl cry when Sanjaya sang? Poor thing must be deaf.:D Just kidding but she is the kind of person voting for him every week, the pre-teens. That is why he is still there because Lord knows he can't sing.

Mahealani770
March 21st, 2007, 08:26 AM
OMG! The little girl...I have never rolled my eyes so hard in all my life! :rolleyes: That was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. She was SOBBING!!! LMAO!! She was acting as if they were all celebrities! Lord have mercy...ridiculous!!! :laughing:

Loves Labs
March 21st, 2007, 08:37 AM
At first I thought something was wrong with her! Then I realized she was just excited about Sanjaya...and then I came back to thinking yes, there is something wrong with her! :laughing:

He cannot stay another week...I swear I will never watch the show again....

until next week.:o I am so hooked.

poodletalk
March 21st, 2007, 08:46 AM
Blake Lewis was amazing last night! :thumbs up Same thing with Melinda and Jordin, they are powerhouses! ;)

:sorry: LuckyPenny, I let my phone go to the answering machine when you called during American Idol...:sad: I really thought the show would have finished at 9:00 not 10:00pm....plus my mouth was very sorry from going to the dentist the night before :yell:

chico2
March 21st, 2007, 09:15 AM
Jordin actally gave me goosebumps,she is fantastic and only 17yrs old...:thumbs up She's the American Idol for me!!
Of course these songs all bring back memories for me,unlike most of you:laughing: LOVE them!
Who goes tonight??? I think Gina unfortunately,Sanjay should have been gone a looong time ago:yell:
I thought the whole show was pretty good last night,of course the 60's was a great time to be young:D

AliSam
March 21st, 2007, 09:41 AM
I didn't think Sanjaya was that bad last night. At least you could hear him a little bit more last night. I think either Gina or Phil will go tonight. I can't pass judgement on Haley because I missed her performance.

Mahealani770
March 21st, 2007, 02:52 PM
Haley was ok, but she needs to take it to Broadway.

Phil was boring as usual and he's too young to be bald. He looks terrible.

Sanjaya was still bad...just louder.

Gina was ok, but I don't know where she got the b*lls to sing that song. It's too well known and it's too iconic.

Jordin was good but didn't knock my socks off.

LaKeshia didn't "wow" me like she usually does.

Stehpanie was too cabaret. She's losing "it".

Blake was awesome. I LOVED what he did to that song. :thumbs up

Chris Sligh...ugh. What's he doing on Idol?

"Justin Timberlake" wannabe...can't remember his name...that says it all.

Melinda Doolittle = Flawless everytime = too good for American Idol :goodvibes:

chico2
March 21st, 2007, 05:12 PM
I agree about Melinda and I thought Blake reminded me of Phil Collins,the bald young man(Phil),IS boring maybe he'll be out tonight..
What I don't understand with the judges,they want the singers to sing classics the way they were,but then when they do,they are told to put ther own touch in to the songs..:confused:
This year I actually like Simon Cowell:laughing: .

Byrd
March 21st, 2007, 06:32 PM
My vote for who goes tonight is the shouter, the girl with the black hair with red streaks.... I never remember her name. Either her or the bald guy.

Right now, after last night, Jordan is my pick. Does anyone know the name of the song she sang?

I prefer the way they do the eliminations on the Rockstar shows. For those that haven't seen them, they take the bottom three from the voting, have them sing one last song, and then the band (judges) choose who goes home. Sanjaya would have been gone long ago. Oh, and I agree, that little girl was definitely an :rolleyes: .

AliSam
March 21st, 2007, 06:37 PM
My vote for who goes tonight is the shouter, the girl with the black hair with red streaks.... I never remember her name. Either her or the bald guy.

Yep!! Those are my 2 choices as well (Gina & Phil). Those 2 plus probably Sanjaya will be the bottom 3.

Byrd
March 21st, 2007, 10:21 PM
W....T....F.... :frustrated:

Loves Labs
March 21st, 2007, 10:23 PM
Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

When will they jump in and do something? This is getting ridiculous.

rainbow
March 21st, 2007, 10:57 PM
I didn't watch it last night but I gather Sanjaya is still there. :eek: It's not on here for another hour. :p

brandynva
March 21st, 2007, 11:13 PM
I ditto what byrd said. :eek: This show frustrates me so darn much I dno't know why I keep watching it. I can't fricking BELIEVE that Haley and Sanjaya were NOT in the bottom. :yell: :yell: :yell: I may boycott.

Mahealani770
March 22nd, 2007, 08:24 AM
W....T....F....

Ditto. I am OUTRAGED!!! This is un-freakin-believable. Something needs to be done. Stephanie Edwards has more talent in her HAIR than Sanjaya has in his whole body. Not to mention....she's WAY better than the guy she was up against lastnight. I don't even know his damn name. I'm just sick. :mad:

chico2
March 22nd, 2007, 08:39 AM
Mahealani cool down:laughing: there are people out there in the US who boycott the show by voting for the worst singer,it happens every year.
Sanjay will eventually be gone but there is nothing fair at all about this show:evil:
Stephanie should definetly not have been at the bottom..:sad:

Mahealani770
March 22nd, 2007, 08:56 AM
Sanjaya is "Chicken Little" reincarnated! The same thing is happening. That kid was so bad last year and made it WAY too far. AHHHHHHHHH:yell:

Byrd
March 22nd, 2007, 10:33 PM
Not to mention....she's WAY better than the guy she was up against lastnight. I don't even know his damn name. I'm just sick. :mad:

You mean the Justing Timberlake wanna be that moves exactly the same way whether he's singing fast or slow????

This is pathetic, it's really not a singing contest, it's a popularity contest, they need to change the rules of voting somehow. Now I know why I haven't watched in the past. :frustrated:

Byrd
April 19th, 2007, 09:02 PM
YAY He's finally gone!!!!!:D

happycats
April 19th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Can't Singjaya is finally gone!!!!!! WOO HOO America finally woke up

Byrd
April 19th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah, thanks for waking up America. :highfive:

I can't believe he looked shocked when he got booted. :rolleyes:

happycats
April 19th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, thanks for waking up America. :highfive:

I can't believe he looked shocked when he got booted. :rolleyes:

I think he truly believed he could really sing ( and why wouldn't he, America kept voting for him after all:rolleyes: )

Byrd
April 19th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah, it's sad really that he was the victim of the 'vote for the worst' websites.

chico2
April 20th, 2007, 08:21 AM
I actually felt kind of sad for him,but thankful I don't have to listen to,or see him anymore:thumbs up
Jordin gets my vote,she is beautiful,has a voice suited for any kind of music:fingerscr
I worry about my judgment,I kind of like Simon this year:eek:

Byrd
April 20th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah, Jordan is my favourite too! She has it all! :thumbs up