Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Four Women Accused Of Stealing Dogs

heidiho
March 8th, 2007, 07:34 PM
ATLANTA -- Four women associated with an animal rescue group are facing charges related to the burglary of a home and the theft of two dogs last month.

The charges stem from an incident on February 10 when the four were allegedly involved in a scheme to enter a home in South Forsyth County and take two dogs who were tied up inside the home.

Stacy Lynn Sarros, age 33, Holly Michelle Cohen, age 40, Laura Streetman Thielemann, age 43 and Amanda Prentice, age 48 all face multiple charges, including burglary, conspiracy to commit a crime and obstruction of an officer.

Sarros, Cohen and Thielemann all reside in Forsyth County. Prentice is a resident of Duluth.

The alleged victim, Linda Green, said she had been contacted by a person representing a local animal rights organization – A.W.O.O.F. – who offered help in providing a dog house and fencing for her dogs.

Officials say an investigation led them to the suspects. Authorities contacted the four women and they agreed to meet with investigators and return the dogs. The suspects turned themselves in Tuesday.

Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office Investigator, Sgt. Bill Franco said the dogs were not being abused. They were being restrained in a room with cable tie-outs and had food, water and bedding.

A.W.O.O.F. stands for “Animal Welfare Organization of Forsyth”.

The four were booked into the jail and have been released on a $17,875 bond.

Frenchy
March 8th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office Investigator, Sgt. Bill Franco said the dogs were not being abused. They were being restrained in a room with cable tie-outs and had food, water and bedding.

restrained in a room with cables :mad: .... altought I think it's a bit extreme to actually get inside the house to steel the dogs, I think it would have been alright (in my book,my opinion) if the dogs were outside....

CyberKitten
March 8th, 2007, 08:22 PM
There is a group of women in BC who steal dogs but those dogs tend to be i n deplorable situations - often outside with no protection against the elements and none or very little or dirty food and water. Most are outside but on occasion, some are in basements or other parts of the home with no place to rest or chains that give them almost no room to maneuver. I;d want to hear more of their story before making a judgment,. The story as is does not provide enuf info for me to do that. It is not an unknown tactic amg radical associations and sometimes people get very titred watching an allegedly well cared for dog or cat while lacking the ability to do anything about it. (I think iof Chico's poor beagle). Not like it is hers but you know what I mean. <g>

So, I need more info - most animal rights (sop called) legislation simply suggest animals have access to water and food without specifying more - this in part has led these groups to do this. But I would want to know more before I can understand the situation in Atlanta. I don't like the notion of breaking and entering however.