Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

JD the resuce cat lol

Dano_61
March 8th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Hello

Just wanted to share a funny little tid bit with you all, today i was cleaning the oven, i was using the self clean option.

For those of you you that don't have that feature what happens is the oven reaches a temperature of 500 degrees, when it reaches the temperature there are smells and noises that come from the oven.

My little protector JD started to act all funny, meowing like crazy and running all around , coming right up to my face while i was on the couch and trying to alert me of the doom and the horror lol at lease thats what he tought.

Only after the cleaning cycle ended and the smells and heat went away would he finally settle down.

It was sooooooooo cute

Dan

Toonces
March 8th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I have a self cleaning oven, only use it at night when I am in bed I can't stand the smell:yuck: maybe your little one didn't like it either:laughing:

Dano_61
March 8th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I have a self cleaning oven, only use it at night when I am in bed I can't stand the smell:yuck: maybe your little one didn't like it either:laughing:

This was the first time i used that feature and wanted to make sure all went well, lol JD was watching also

D

TeriM
March 8th, 2007, 05:32 PM
That's hilarious. Our animals sure do like their routines heh:) , anything unusual in their homes is cause for major excitement :D .

Dano_61
March 8th, 2007, 05:40 PM
So true Teri

They are always looking out for us humans, the inferior species lol

Dan

That's hilarious. Our animals sure do like their routines heh:) , anything unusual in their homes is cause for major excitement :D .

clm
March 8th, 2007, 11:15 PM
You gotta be careful with self cleaning ovens, the fumes can kill some pet birds if you have any.

Cindy

Dano_61
March 9th, 2007, 03:01 PM
You gotta be careful with self cleaning ovens, the fumes can kill some pet birds if you have any.

Cindy

I dont have any birds here, JD would have eaten them by now lol

Dan

clm
March 9th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I have a cockatiel that appeared in my backyard 6 years ago, he came right to me one evening when I was walking around the garden. He's had to deal with kittens jumping at his cage until they got the idea that that isn't allowed. My newest kitten, now around 6 months old is just starting to get the idea that she's not allowed to do that. The cockatiel just takes it in stride now and tries to bite the cats paws through the bars if they jump on top of the cage. The bars are too close together for even a kitten to get a paw in at the bird, but Frank can't resist giving a paw a nip if it's in plain site on top of his cage.
I just make sure I've got lots of ventilation in the house when I use the self cleaning function on the oven, obviously some times of year are better than others for opening windows in this climate.

Cindy

Dano_61
March 10th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Wow Cindy

Sounds like you have a house full there, i love all animals

Dan

I have a cockatiel that appeared in my backyard 6 years ago, he came right to me one evening when I was walking around the garden. He's had to deal with kittens jumping at his cage until they got the idea that that isn't allowed. My newest kitten, now around 6 months old is just starting to get the idea that she's not allowed to do that. The cockatiel just takes it in stride now and tries to bite the cats paws through the bars if they jump on top of the cage. The bars are too close together for even a kitten to get a paw in at the bird, but Frank can't resist giving a paw a nip if it's in plain site on top of his cage.
I just make sure I've got lots of ventilation in the house when I use the self cleaning function on the oven, obviously some times of year are better than others for opening windows in this climate.

Cindy

clm
March 10th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Yes I do have a house full and I gotta tell you it's a very small house, less than 1200 square feet, not including the basement. Makes it easier to vacuum up all those furry dust bunnies when the house is small.:laughing:

Cindy