Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How do you do it?

chicmate
March 8th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I am fostering a cat for the first time and I'm so attached to her. It's time I brought her back to the SPCA, but I know I'm going to be so sad when they put her into a little cage. Any advice how get over giving her back?

It's impossible for me to adopt a cat; I'll be moving overseas in the Fall.

breeze
March 8th, 2007, 12:10 PM
I am fostering a cat for the first time and I'm so attached to her. It's time I brought her back to the SPCA, but I know I'm going to be so sad when they put her into a little cage. Any advice how get over giving her back?

It's impossible for me to adopt a cat; I'll be moving overseas in the Fall.

It won't be easy but just think of all you did for her.
you gave her everything that she needed, love caring and food. and knowing that they will find a good home for her.

Dogastrophe
March 8th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Will your SPCA adopt her out directly from foster rather than have you bring her in and put her on the adoption floor? If so, you could keep her with you, the potential adopters could come and see her being a cat, you won't have to worry about her sitting in a cage, etc.

Prin
March 8th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I agree. I've only fostered twice, but both times I got to meet the people and see them interact and that helps a little... The second time fostering is easier than the first though..:o

gomez
March 9th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Doesn't answer your direct question, but are you sure you can't take her with you and keep her?

We moved form the US to the UK with 2 cats a few years ago...

And now, we just moved to Australia and brought our dog with us - doesn't get more "overseas" than that!

Think about it...