Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's Lucy's eleventh birthday

TeriM
March 8th, 2007, 02:03 AM
So Lucy turns eleven on March 11th. I'm a bit early but just in case I get busy I thought I'd share some of my favorite pictures.

On the balcony (in her litter box) where we lived for her first six months.

My favorite baby picture :lovestruck: .

TeriM
March 8th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Our very first summer :crazy: .

TeriM
March 8th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Hiking in BC.

TeriM
March 8th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Bored yet?

TeriM
March 8th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Recent pics :D

TeriM
March 8th, 2007, 02:16 AM
Last ones ;) .

Prin
March 8th, 2007, 02:20 AM
All amazing pics, TeriM! Lucy is a pretty girl. And lucky too! :) Happy almost birthday to Lucy! :lovestruck:

TeriM
March 8th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Thanks, yellow dogs are sure easier to take pictures of. One of these days I'm gonna pull out the giant rubbermaid bin of old pics and scan a bunch of my favorites.

Prin
March 8th, 2007, 02:24 AM
How old was she when she got whiter?

TeriM
March 8th, 2007, 02:34 AM
She got white really fast when she was diagnosed with liver problems (chronic active hepatitis - and no, she doesn't drink :o ). That was 2002 so she would have been around six.

They only expected her to live maybe six months :eek: . Vet wanted me to switch her to special food :rolleyes: but I decided to continue with the raw and a bunch of holistic vitamin stuff (along with a course of regular meds) and amazingly enough the liver regenerated and she is still with us :cloud9: .

Prin
March 8th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Yey! That's a good story. :cloud9:

angeldogs
March 8th, 2007, 03:45 AM
Good pics.she was a really cute baby.and grew into a beautiful girl.and a early Happy Birthday.that was a good story.love those happy endings.

Hunter's_owner
March 8th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Great pics. Lucy is beautiful. I love that first pic in the 4th post (The Bored Yet? one):lovestruck:

Happy Birthday Lucy. :highfive: She almost shares a birthday with Hunter (his birthday is the 13th)

Skryker
March 8th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Happy Birthday to Lucy! It's wonderful that her liver regenerated (amazing, too:thumbs up ). You must have breathed a huge sigh of relief when the 6 month mark passed.

Great photos-I love the puppy pics. :cloud9: Lab puppies are just so darn cute (not that I'm biased or anything:D ).

Lukka'sma
March 8th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Happy Birthday Lucy

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/luvbug4u06/holidays/birthdays/ththHAPPYBIRTHDAY21.gif

breeze
March 8th, 2007, 08:26 AM
happy birthday lucy !!!!! lots of cookies for you

Frenchy
March 8th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Last ones ;) .

Noooooo, don't stop ! I love Lucy (looks so much like my Daisy :rip: ) happy birthday blondie, hugs and kisses from Frenchy :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
March 8th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Awww...what a sweetheart! :lovestruck: Happy birthday, Lucy!

It's her golden birthday--11 on the 11th :thumbs up

That's gotta be worth a lot of extra doggy treats and a very special celebration! :D :dog:

cpietra16
March 8th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Lucy you've still got it...Happy Birthday Girl....my lab, Winnie is 9 ( born in Zeballos BC:D )so if I need some info on what I need to give Winnie to regenerate her body parts can I call you????:D

chico2
March 8th, 2007, 04:40 PM
WoW,Lucy is 11,that's a very good age for a larger doggie,right??
I just love her whiteish face,so sweet:lovestruck:
http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/7.gifHappy Birthday Lucy!

LibbyP
March 8th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Hoover sends a slobbery smooch to a very dignified looking lady :lovestruck:
Happy Birthday to-be Lucy. I love all the pics your mama shared with us, the close-up of your face resting peacefully pulled at my heart. May you find a nice cozy spot to curl up in the sunshine on your b-day :cloud9:

TeriM
March 8th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Lucy is very grateful for all the compliments :D . She's already plotting her birthday demands (she's such a princess :rolleyes: :queen: ) .

jesse's mommy
March 8th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Happy Birthday beautiful Lucy. :cloud9:

Stacer
March 8th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Such cute baby pictures.:cloud9: Happy birthday Lucy, hopefully you're still a puppy at heart!:party:

brandynva
March 8th, 2007, 07:41 PM
:D Happy almost birthday Lucy! What a beautiful happy girl. :party:

jessi76
March 8th, 2007, 08:38 PM
what a lovely Lucy timeline! I really enjoyed watching her grow up right before my eyes... she's a beautiful dog!

Frenchy
March 8th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Lucy is very grateful for all the compliments :D . She's already plotting her birthday demands (she's such a princess :rolleyes: :queen: ) .

pics pics ! :pray:

TeriM
March 9th, 2007, 02:25 AM
OK, Just cause Frenchy asked :D .

TeriM
March 9th, 2007, 02:26 AM
And a few more older shots :o .

Prin
March 9th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Yey! She always looks so happy. :cloud9:

Shamrock
March 9th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Happy Birthday Lucy!:cloud9: :) Eleven on the 11th and what a beauty you remain!:lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Lovely pictures of your gorgeous girl,Terri! Her puppy pics are just too adorable, and some great scenic and action shots you've included!:highfive:
All so nice to see..:)

Have a question, Terri? Is the "whitening" of the coat at a fairly rapid rate a sign of possible liver disease in dogs? :confused:

TeriM
March 9th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Lovely pictures of your gorgeous girl,Terri! Her puppy pics are just too adorable, and some great scenic and action shots you've included!:highfive:
All so nice to see..:)
Have a question, Terri? Is the "whitening" of the coat at a fairly rapid rate a sign of possible liver disease in dogs? :confused:

Thanks for the compliments.

I think it is more just because her system was quite traumatized and she was so sick for a while. Kinda like when people get really sick and they go grey or their hair falls out. One of these days I'll have to dig out some shots over that time frame and see if I really remember the change like it happened :o .

It is also quite common for dogs to have greying faces and muzzles as they age.

Shamrock
March 9th, 2007, 03:12 AM
oh, okay... I understand fully what you are meaning now, Terri.:o
From the trauma to the system of being ill.

My little dog Percy has gotten just so gray in recent times, I've really noticed it... and others comment on it too.. (what an old dog that is.:D)

But I just took this to be the natural aging process. He's coming up to 12 approx... but could be 13 or 14 too..:shrug:

He's totally healthy, and hasnt slowed down a bit. That's all thats important.:goodvibes:

So he was black a year or two ago. Now I just call him the silver streak.:D

Hunter's_owner
March 9th, 2007, 08:35 AM
It is also quite common for dogs to have greying faces and muzzles as they age.

Yeah Cassie is three and a half and within the last year her face is after getting a lot whiter. So much so that when you look at pics from last Christmas compared to this Christmas you can see a huge difference.

Frenchy
March 11th, 2007, 08:15 PM
OK, Just cause Frenchy asked :D .

Now I see them ! :thumbs up She's such an :angel: love the one where she jumps off the dock. Does she still do it ?

TeriM
March 11th, 2007, 08:18 PM
That's the dock at hubby's uncle's place in Summerland. She loves to jump off there every year and she can even climb up the ladder by herself (although prefers if you grab her collar a bit so she doesn't fall back). Every summer it is quite the show when we visit :D .

CyberKitten
March 11th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Happy birthday Lucy and may you enjoy many more!!!

Frenchy
March 11th, 2007, 08:21 PM
and she can even climb up the ladder by herself

wow,she's such an healthy dog, probably cuz she has a good mommy :angel:

rainbow
March 11th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Awesome pics.....it was so nice to see a cute little puppy grow into a beautiful girl. :cloud9: Amazing recovery story too. :)

rainbow
March 11th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I just realized it's the 11th today too......so Happy Birthday Lucy. Tell Mom to give you a cookie from me. :pawprint:

Prin
March 12th, 2007, 03:25 AM
There. I saved my 20,000th post for Lucy. :)

Happy birthday, Lucy!

TeriM
March 12th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Lucy and her mommy are very honored :o .

Woo Hoo - 20,000 posts :crazy:

Loves Labs
March 12th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Sorry Lucy - it is belated, but I hope she enjoyed a wonderful birthday.

She is such a sweet, beautiful girl.:lovestruck:

meb999
March 12th, 2007, 04:38 PM
awwwww, Lucy is just so sweet -- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!! :lovestruck:

Furbaby Momma
March 13th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Great pictures TeriM, I bet you had a wonderful B-Day sweet Lucy you sure are a beautiful. :lovestruck:

papillonmama
March 13th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Happy belated Birthday Lucy!:party:

Sorry it's late.:sad: