Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm off to Rhode Island!

raingirl
March 7th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Odin is away having fun at the fosters and tomorrow I'm leaving for Rhode Island right from work. I can't wait!! Hopefully I don't have any problems at the border with $6000 work of computer stuff in the car (a laptop, 2 high end computers, montitors, digital cameras, consoles - nintendo DS, playstations, etc). I think I printed of like 40 pages of proof about the thing we are going to (Digital Overload (http://www.digital-overload.com/)).

Anyone live in the New England area who could recommend any sites on the way?

mummummum
March 7th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Have Fun !!!!!

Prin
March 7th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Good luck and have super fun! :laughing: :highfive:

Peepmouse
March 7th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Sorry, but I've never been to that part of the US before, so I'm no help to you!:shrug: Good Luck & have a great time raingirl!:highfive:http://bestsmileys.com/computer1/6.gif

CyberKitten
March 7th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Have fun!!! There are some great places in RH -esp Providence but the best about RH for me is its proximity to Boston, lol Thee are some kewl places to visit there tho - enjoy yourself!! On the way - depends which way you are going. I go via eastern Maine so not sure that will help. But Freeport and the outlet's, esp LL bean is not to be missed. And make sure you have a lobster roll somewhere in New England. Lots pf history in Boston area if you have time - Bunker Hill,. Concord,. If you really are into shopping, there is the Framingham shopping center and if you want to pay sales tax, p[ark at the shopping center in Lawrence, Mass but spend your money across the river in NH.

If you are going via Vt, go to a cute little place in Winooski that has a super book store. I can give you a list of discount book stores in Boston too but best ones are the Coop - the bookstore at Harvard and this is the time of the yr top get bargains there but also in Newton Center, there is a Barnes and Noble outlet that has TONS of books I get lost there and no one can find me, lol

Lots of camping and skiing etc if you like that in all NE states. In Boston, there is also the JFK Museum - a great place to visit. March is Iris Heritage month in RI so there will be lots of Irish events plus don;'t forget Mass is US's most Irish state so there are mega events there too - if you are there for St. P's parade, thats fun!!! And cheers, the bar - too bad you're too early for baseball. (When does the season start anyway?) Fenway is a wonderful place to visit. Vt has lots of snowboarding and ski lodges - best of alj the states.

I could go on but I don't know what it is you like to do.

Enjoy - it is impossible;le NOT to have fun in New England. It' a lot like the Maritimes. :)

raingirl
March 8th, 2007, 09:27 AM
CK - I knew you would be responding! lol

I'm leaving tonight right from work, driving towards niagara falls, driving through NY state to MA, and across then south to Providence. Should take about 8 hours driving i think.

I have a GPS that I'm borrowing from my sister, but the stupid company recalled their USA map package, so I only have all the major highways installed on the system and no streets or points of interest.

Do you know of any good restaurants I should check out?? In or around Rhode Island? We don't have to be in RI until 6 pm tomorrow, so we will probably be in before lunch and have some time to do some driving around to see the sites.

I think Boston is a little too far of a drive for us this time. However, this summer we are driving to new brunswick (my boyfriend is from Miramichi) and we plan to take a trip to maine and ma for some site seeing - specifically to go to Salem, MA.