Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jackapoo

rivers
March 7th, 2007, 05:03 PM
I thought by now this designer breed would have been mentioned on here, but I can't seem to find any mention of it.

Anyway, last week I saw 3 Jackapoo's for sale at a pet store. I immediately asked where they came from, and the lady said from a breeder, accidental litter though. They were going for $450. Yeah, more like backyard breeder.

Anyway, it's not the pups fault. And they were extremely cute. They were small like a JR but had long straight scruffy fur. All were white with black stripes. One could have been aptly named Zebra, lol. Very energetic and chewing everything in site and one even started to howl when my son squeaked a toy. Maybe that one was musically inclined. :)

I looked on the net to give you a photo. You can't deny that it is cute! Even for a mutt.
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2016625350010101972xmxCHa

Prin
March 7th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Mutts are cute. But the fact is byb's contribute MORE to the pet overpopulation problem than puppymills do. And paying for the puppies ends up giving them money. It's sad for the dogs involved, but if you encourage the breeder to have more "accidents" then these dogs will just be replaced with new dogs.:sad:

btw, IMO a pure rough coated Jack is way prettier..:o

Stacer
March 7th, 2007, 05:34 PM
My neighbours down the hall have a Jack/Chihuahua cross, it looks so strange, it has a Chi head on a Jack body. Weird. My bro's Jack is a rough coated one, I think. Very pretty.

Shamrock
March 7th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Boycotting any pet stores that sell puppies and kittens... and telling them why ..is one method that can be used to send a message, and one I never fail to use.:mad:

A local pet store that for years sold cats and dogs at last no longer does.
I believe that pressure and public opinion forced the owner to discontinue this practice.

It's all about supply and demand - and profit:sad: :mad:

heidiho
March 7th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I dont put myself in that position,i do not go in places like that anymore,to sad,and as sad as it is for the animals i would NEVER contribute to puppy mills or breeders that sell them there,so nope i would not buy him or her,actually wont even look at the picture.

Prin
March 8th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Look at this poor doggy..
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7785984
:sad: