Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chongqing residents ordered to turn over their pet dogs for cull

Rick C
March 7th, 2007, 10:06 AM
All residents of a city of three million in China, Chongqing, have been ordered to turn their pet dogs over to authorities for execution . . . . an anti-rabies campaign.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,257301,00.html

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Loves Labs
March 7th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Can you imagine????:sad:

How extreme can they get....3 cases is not exactly an epidemic & certainly not serious enough to justify killing ALL dogs. I would be hiding my dogs in a hurry. How awful and sad...
:eek:

LynLyn
March 13th, 2007, 02:42 PM
That is terrible! what about vaccinating the dogs instead? is that not an option?

Quins-mum
March 13th, 2007, 06:47 PM
that is so terrible.
I'd be shifting towns

Stacer
March 13th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Didn't they do something similar not too long ago? I remember the video footage was absolutely horrific.

clm
March 14th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Their human rights record is lousy, so you wouldn't think their treatment of pets would be any better.

Cindy

rainbow
March 17th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Didn't they do something similar not too long ago? I remember the video footage was absolutely horrific.

I think you're right but it was probably a different city in China. I wish these people would get educated about vaccinating. :frustrated:

MyBirdIsEvil
March 17th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Can you imagine????:sad:

How extreme can they get....3 cases is not exactly an epidemic & certainly not serious enough to justify killing ALL dogs. I would be hiding my dogs in a hurry. How awful and sad...
:eek:

I would hate to see what happened to the people that tried hiding their dogs and got caught....
It's China, their human rights record is sketchy, and I think most government officials over there would be especially cruel to someone that got caught breaking the law over a lowly dog.

I don't understand why there isn't mandatory vaccinations though. Then if the need arose they could just confiscate the dogs without valid proof of vaccination.

You would be referring to this:

(AP) The slaughter of a reported 50,000 dogs in an anti-rabies crackdown in southwestern China.....(click for article) (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/01/world/main1855386.shtml?source=RSS&attr=HOME_1855386)