Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Why is Tim's so addictive??

Mocha's mum
March 4th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Seriously?? Do they put crack in their coffee?? :laughing:

Or maybe it's because of Roll up the Rim??

Byrd
March 4th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I've heard, don't know how true it is, that they put nicotine in the coffee. :shrug:

Just looked it up on Snopes.... nope, not true. http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/timhortons.asp

Lukka'sma
March 4th, 2007, 12:06 PM
I actually could go the rest of my life and never drink their coffee. If someone in my vehicle wants one I will stop but once the coffee is in my truck the overwhelming smell of skunk takes over. I don't know why but it smells skunky to me every time. The taste is so burnt that I often wonder why they have such a following.
Put me down as a NO

trippincherri
March 4th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I like their sandwiches and their hot smoothies are good too.:cloud9:

CyberKitten
March 4th, 2007, 03:09 PM
I am not a big fan of their coffee but love their cappuccino - even better than Starbucks but I guess it what you get used to. We have a Starbucks on the univ campus but the hospital has two Tim's - a regular one and an express one and it is ALWAYS busy plus we get a % of the profit so we like Tim's very much, haha

I also like their Ham and cheese tea Biscuit . And if I am in the mood, those cold cappuccino drinks but still prefer the hot ones, French Vanilla. But I don't think I am addicted to it, lol (Is there a 12 step program just in case?) ;)

Maya
March 4th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Ya I know it's weird isn't it? I used to drink the coffee and even though I don't think its very good it still was really addictive.:confused: Like just talking about it now and I kind of want some.

angeldogs
March 5th, 2007, 03:52 AM
i like country style better but they are little bit more money.

breeze
March 5th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I don't drink the coffee :yuck: but what I like is the cafe moka mmmmmmmm hot chocolate and coffee then it's not so strong, and the whipping cream o god I what one now !!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

dustybird
March 5th, 2007, 12:38 PM
TeeHee I use that line all the time(crack in the coffee). As coffee goes it really isn't "good coffee", but for some reason one craves them. My husband for one is a nutt when it comes to Timmies. I understand the skunk smell and as for the burnt taste, I do find that on occasion and always when they're really busy. I was addicted once, right across the street from work and would have like 2-3 a day as our boss was addicted as well and would buy a round;) can't pass that up.

Because we travel across the province for work twice a year we(yes I did it along side the tim's freak), we actually marked with a large red T where all the Tim's were along the way. There is a stretch between Hearst and Thunder Bay where there is no Tims. (T.b and Hearst yes but nothin in between). I don't care but hubby stocks up in Hearst with like 2-3 xlrg's,:yuck: cold coffee.

clm
March 5th, 2007, 12:46 PM
I've never seen the attraction to their coffee myself. Don't find it strong enough. I can count on one hand how many times I've had a Tims coffee. I prefer to make my own.

Cindy

Dogastrophe
March 5th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Tim's coffee is vile horrible stuff that barely passes as coffee ... yet I drink it every (work) day and sometimes have more than one large cup a day. I am certain that they lace it with crack. :crazy:

trippincherri
March 5th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I had to type up this little story because it was just too ridiculous.

So my mom,sis and I all stopped at Tim's on our way home one day and I got the chicken sandwich. As I bit into it the chicken wasn't very warm and it was mostly pink inside. I immediatley spit out the piece I had bit off for fear of getting food poisoning.
I marched up to the till and showed the young guy behind the till my sandwich and told him I wanted another one that was cooked properly.
He looked at me and said " All our chicken is pre-cooked Mam so I can't see why the chicken would be raw."
I responded "It is pink inside and I would like another one please."
Then the dumb kid comes back at me with." Well you see here at Tim Hortons our chickens are fed with beets and that may be the cause of the SLIGHT meat discoloration.":eek:
What the heck does he take me for? I am a farm raised girl and heres some kid who probably never seen a live clucking chicken before in his life telling me beets are to blame for pink chicken breast.
So I responded " Well they eat grass too, does that mean some of them are green inside?"
Then I put my sandwich down on the till and walked by about 5 amused customers and left till boy standing there confused.

The least Tim's could do is train their staff a little better on how to make up last minute excuses!!

shenjall
March 5th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I don't drink the coffee :yuck: but what I like is the cafe moka mmmmmmmm hot chocolate and coffee then it's not so strong, and the whipping cream o god I what one now !!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

Oh yeah, those cafe mokas got me hooked!:D

chico2
March 5th, 2007, 05:25 PM
That was funny TC:laughing:
I could never understand why sooo many people,my oldest son included,will drive out in the morning to get coffee from Timmys:eek:even when he's not working:shrug:
I had their coffee once and it's awful,as are their donuts..I drink my coffee black,no sugar and it has to taste like coffee,I make the best myself:laughing:

Mocha's mum
March 5th, 2007, 08:40 PM
I totally agree!! I don't find their coffee all that great, but there's the nagging little voice in my head that makes me stop there on my way to work (there's two in the twelve blocks I travel to get there). Darn Tim's......:laughing:

Actually today, I had one of those hot smoothies - the cinammon bun one. It was pretty good, if I do say so myself. I went in for a sandwich, and decided to try something new. Maybe I'll get one tomorrow. But they're awfully sweet....should look up how much sugar is in one of those bad boys....

Peepmouse
March 6th, 2007, 01:15 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Tim's either. What really p***ed me off was that they won't take debit card!!!:yell: I rarely carry cash anymore, so that stops me from going there. I'm partial to 1/2 french vanilla cappucino and 1/2 hot chocolate, which I can get at the Husky station right next to my work, for less money than Tim's! AND, it tastes every bit as good as theirs!:)

Frenchy
March 6th, 2007, 07:36 AM
I only go to Tim's for cheese toasts :cloud9: For me, every coffee tastes the same , I don't see any difference :o

Maya
March 6th, 2007, 08:15 PM
O dear this is what snopes has to say:http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/timhortons.asp

Mocha's mum
March 6th, 2007, 10:44 PM
I had another one of those crazy smoothies today....talk about sugar rush!! And I won a coffee on the rim...boy, why can't I win the car, or the plasma TV? :laughing: