Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looks like I'll be getting a puppy

clm
March 3rd, 2007, 05:41 PM
May sound terrible, but as soon as our beloved Yogi passed on, I had to start looking for another keeshond right away. The house is so empty despite having 4 cats, I keep waiting for him to try to bowl me over when I get home from work, lying beside me for his belly rubs, etc. I was the same after our first dog passed away over 11 years ago.
Has been a tough search, most of the breeders that were around when we got our first 2 dogs have long since retired. I don't mind finding a dog within driving distance, but I don't like to take a chance on getting one shipped, I know it's done all the time, but if something were to happen to a puppy while it was being shipped to me I'd feel just terrible.
Anyway, found a breeder within a 3 hour drive of us, she's just had a litter and is going to save a bouncy baby boy for us. We're going to go see the pups in 3 weeks. She has a second litter due in may and we're going to get another pup from that litter as well. She was highly recommended by a breeder I trust, so I'm hoping when I go to see her I'll be satisfied that she's as good as I've been told.
Keeshonds really are the perfect breed for us and we're so happy we'll have another one to share our home with us again.
She's going to send me some pics of the newborns this weekend. Can't wait.

Cindy

angeldogs
March 3rd, 2007, 07:01 PM
If you can please post them;) it don't sound terrible to me.we had jag given to us month after our beloved radar was P.T.S.just one more to give your love too.

rainbow
March 3rd, 2007, 07:01 PM
Congratulations :highfive: .....you're going to have your hands full come July. :D And, remember to share the pics you get this weekend with us. :stork-baby: :cloud9:

meb999
March 3rd, 2007, 07:09 PM
I can't wait to see pics :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
March 3rd, 2007, 07:21 PM
Oh, you are going to be one busy Mom! he he he I hope you have a big yard to play in.

We had two male pups 2 months apart in age. At the time, we had a fenced backyard only 50 x 75 feet in area. A year later, when we moved, we had to replant the trees, lay down sod, and relandscape. :eek: I have DVDs of the two of them playing that are so high energy they nearly fly out of the DVD player! :rolleyes:

But I'll tell ya, I wouldn't have had it any other way! :thumbs up They were just a joy to watch together and still are (they're both 4 yrs old now...so everyone survived their frenetic childhood!) :D

You have to promise to post pictures when they arrive! please, please! :pray:

Prin
March 3rd, 2007, 09:51 PM
Good luck! :goodvibes:

jesse's mommy
March 4th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Woo Hoo -- Bebeh!!! I can't wait to see pictures. :lovestruck:

Frenchy
March 4th, 2007, 10:22 AM
So you're getting 2 puppies at once ? :eek: Can't wait to see pictures :cloud9:

clm
March 7th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Here's the litter we're getting the first puppy from. They're only 4 days old in these pics.

angeldogs
March 7th, 2007, 12:43 PM
So tiny and cute:lovestruck:

Prin
March 7th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Oh, so little!! :cloud9:

TeriM
March 8th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Congrats, looking forward to lots of pics and cute "crazy dogs" stories :D .

breeze
March 8th, 2007, 07:55 AM
they are so tiny :eek: are you getting two of them ?? boy and girl ?? or two girls or two boys?? can't wait for more pictures

congrats to you :D

clm
March 8th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Breeze, getting a boy from this litter for sure. Hopefully another boy from another litter she has due in May. She doesn't usually breed both of her females in one year, but luckily this year she has. If there isn't a male available from the second litter, I'll happily take a female pup.

Cindy

breeze
March 8th, 2007, 09:25 AM
these are one or should i say two lucky puppies :D