Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New food for the Moke-ster

Mocha's mum
March 2nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
Well, after trying to find a food that His Royal Majesty :laughing: won't react to...I think I finally found one....watch, I just jinxed it :rolleyes:

After reading a thread here (by who?? It's the alzheimers kicking in), I bought Mokes a bag of Go Natural Salmon and Oatmeal.

So, not only does he actually enjoy eating his breakfast, he's stopped trying to gouge out his brain with his toenails, and his foot chewing has been cut back considerably as well :D His breath is nicer, and his stools are much easier to pick up. I just hope we can maintain some continuity here, and stay on this food for a while...

INGREDIENTS

Salmon Meal, Salmon, Oatmeal, Whole Oats, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols (vit. E), Oat fiber, Inulin (FOS), Mannanoligosaccharides (MOS), Yucca Schidigera, Vitamin A Acetate, Cholecalciferol (vit. D3), dl Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (vit. E), Ferrous Sulfate, *Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Ascorbic Acid (vit. C), Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Sulfate, *Copper Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, *Manganese Proteinate, Riboflavin, Calcium Iodate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vit. B6), Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin K, Vitamin B12.

*these items are chelated minerals

I always knew there was something fishy about my little furkid.....:laughing: Wow, I'm in a strange mood tonight.... :crazy:

Prin
March 2nd, 2007, 09:01 PM
Yey! That's good news! :)

rainbow
March 2nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
That is great news :highfive: ....how long has he been on it?

Mocha's mum
March 2nd, 2007, 10:18 PM
He's been on it for a week and a half...I can't believe the results! It's like night and day, and I couldn't be happier. I'm sure little Mocha is feeling better too! I couldn't imagine having such itchy ears and feet all the time like he did.....:sad: I honestly thought we were destined to be on Surolan forever.

The only thing that might turn others off is the price. I paid $25 for the 8 lb bag, but quite frankly I don't care. It's cheaper than running to the vet every month for swabs and drops for the ear infections.

gypsy_girl
March 3rd, 2007, 10:45 AM
You can always get the bigger bag and freeze it if you have room.... I see you are in Alberta, here in BC they have a buy 10 get one free does that help?

rainbow
March 3rd, 2007, 11:57 AM
I think that's a good price. All of the premium/holistic foods here are $56 to $65 for a big bag.