Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Breakfast Cereal for Dogs

blabster
March 2nd, 2007, 07:39 PM
My friend gave me a sample box of Bow Wow Breakfast, Chompions (bacon and eggs flavor) last week. The first reaction I had with the product was a long laugh because the product’s packaging was very amusing. It is “Tony the Tiger” for dogs. Since I received a free sample my dogs tried the food. The flavoring is noticeable because when I open the package my dogs rushed towards me. One thing I have noticed this food is for normal food consumption, it is not a snack or a treat. I will continue buying this new dog food only for special occasions.

www.bowwowbreakfast.com

OntarioGreys
March 2nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
ONE ALL- NATURAL BASE FORMULA. SIX GREAT-TASTING FLAVORS. ONE VERY HAPPY DOG.

List of Ingredients:
Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Ground Corn, Sorghum Grain, Oat Groats, Brewers Rice, Beet Pulp, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols a source of Vitamin E), Natural Liver Flavor, Flaxseed Meal, Dried Egg Product, Ocean Fish Meal, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Dried Brewers Yeast, Choline Chloride, L-Ascorbyl-2 Phosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Taurine, L-Carnitine, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Proteinate, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate, Biotin.

http://www.bowwowbreakfast.com/img/products.jpg
http://www.bowwowbreakfast.com/img/facts_table.gif

foods it is compared to, is very telling, I doubt too many here will rushing out to try :shrug:

technodoll
March 2nd, 2007, 08:04 PM
nice package! :thumbs up too bad that's the only good thing with this nasty bag of by-products :yuck:

Prin
March 2nd, 2007, 08:06 PM
That chart isn't even accurate either. I just looked at the Iams large breed and those numbers are all wrong. :rolleyes:

rainbow
March 2nd, 2007, 08:06 PM
I like the way they only compare it to six other garbage foods. :rolleyes:

mummummum
March 2nd, 2007, 08:09 PM
:offtopic: I just want to draw your attention to the timing of our posts :thumbs up

technodoll
March 2nd, 2007, 08:31 PM
i'd rather give my dogs a bowl of Frosted Flakes in whole milk! has more nutrition! LOL :D :crazy:

mummummum
March 2nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
Wellllllll.. and here's where I have to scold you Techno.

Dirt is cheaper and better for your dog. :crazy:

technodoll
March 2nd, 2007, 09:31 PM
Dirt is cheaper and better for your dog

ROTFLMAO!!! :laughing: omg... you got me there! :D

Prin
March 2nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Don't let Boo hear you. He just kicked that dirt eating habit, right around the time of the first snow. Mommy's a good trainer. :D :laughing:

mafiaprincess
March 2nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
I'd rather let Cider keep eating the poopsicles she's trying to snarfle. Sounds like a ad for nasty food really.