Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Beau is Settling In

CyberKitten
March 2nd, 2007, 04:48 PM
Or is that taking over?

As most of you know, we adopted a 4th family furbaby - Beau or Beareguard - but I all hin Beau. bf likes Beauregard, more dignified tho I cannot imagine naming a cat after a Confederate General, lol)

Here he has taken over YY's chair - she shares tho - but she grabbed it back rather quickly, lol

The captions might read Ahhh, it's all mine now and then, "hehheh, that's what you think!"

Here are the pix

CyberKitten
March 2nd, 2007, 04:56 PM
However, they both enjoy the cat trees. Strangely enough, YY is smaller than Beau but here she looks larger - the joys of photography, lol Siamese darken as they age and when I look at her, I think "oh my gosh, my baby is growing up!!!!"

and they do get along :)

hazelrunpack
March 2nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
Beautiful cats, CyberKitten! I never realized they made cat trees that tall! The cats sure seem to like them. :cloud9:

JennieV
March 2nd, 2007, 05:06 PM
Very nice pics, and beautiful kitties...
NICE tree!

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2007, 05:12 PM
I love the first pic, seem so comfy :cloud9:

chico2
March 2nd, 2007, 05:19 PM
CK,I was going to ask you about YY and her darker colour,but I know from my friends 3 Siamese cats that they get darker,one of his is 19yrs old.
Great pics,we don't see enough of them:cat:
When you started to post you only had one kitty,now you have 4,good girl,keep it up:laughing:

CyberKitten
March 2nd, 2007, 05:28 PM
I know Chico, if I keep it up, I'll have 10 at the end of 10 yrs, lol YY actually seems darker in these pix than she actually is though - or maybe I just don't want her to grow old. <g> I think it is the camera and the lighting - I am not the world's best photographer; in fact I just get by, lol

My dad made the cat trees with sisal - he likes to do carpentry stuff. I don't know if they make them commercially but I assume they prob do??

And thx for the compliments - I think my cats are cuties but I am too biased, lol

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2007, 05:30 PM
I don't know if they make them commercially but I assume they prob do??

They do and they're pretty expensive. Your dad could make lots of money with these!

CyberKitten
March 2nd, 2007, 05:32 PM
He is a retired engineer Frenchy - and makes some beautiful stuff but usually gives it away. He does not need the money and does it for fun. He made the most beautiful willow chair - and if I can find a picture of YY in it, I have it in my entry. I have it online somewhere - will look....

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2007, 05:33 PM
He is a retired engineer Frenchy - and makes some beautiful stuff but usually gives it away.

Is he moving to Quebec in the near future ? :D

CyberKitten
March 2nd, 2007, 05:34 PM
Here is YY in "her" willow chair. ;) he also made the shelf - saw it somewhere and came home and made it, sans any plans or anything. So then he made copies for those of us in the family who wanted one and I did. <g>

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2007, 05:35 PM
wow ! He could make some serious money !

JennieV
March 2nd, 2007, 05:37 PM
Your father does beautiful work! Its something I have always been "jealous" of, is people who CAN do things like these!
Awesome!:thumbs up

CyberKitten
March 2nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
He picked the willow on his own property and we helped him to bend it- well I did a little, I do not have as much strength as he does, lol He made 4 of those chairs - and we have more willow so when he comes back from Fla (where they go for the winter), he prob will make a few more.

I doubt he would ever do it for money. It is a hobby for him. Once, he sat at my puter desk, decided I needed a shelf, did some measuring and came back and made it, just like that. He does amaze me sometimes. <g>

And thanks for the compliments re his work. He is a perfectionist and he is also 78, also amazing to me anyway!

Had to add - Frenchy, he lives very close TO Quebec, can see it from his window. <g>

Prin
March 2nd, 2007, 05:58 PM
Great pics! What a cutie. :) It's amazing how YY looks like a different kitty in every pic. :D Her fur just seems to get darker and lighter depending on the light. :)

CyberKitten
March 2nd, 2007, 06:16 PM
I know Prin, I could say I had 10 Siamese, rofl!! I could also learn to be a better photographer, lol She looks the darkest I have ever seen in the cat tree pix - and she is smaller than Beau but looks larger than him there too. Oh well, I will just have to tell myself picture taking is not my forte.

Look how light she looked at 6 months!!

cpietra16
March 2nd, 2007, 06:48 PM
WOW.. your dad's stuff is beautiful. What can I say about your kitty's? They always look like they are living in heaven...When I die and come back as a cat I want to live in Chico's house or yours...if I come back as a siamese, ofcourse:D
I know CHico will take anyone, but I will make sure I look like a Vinnie:D

rainbow
March 2nd, 2007, 06:56 PM
Chico is right.....you don't post enough pics of your kitties. :cloud9: They are all absolutely gorgeous. :lovestruck:

I also agree your dad is very talented.....I love your willow chair. :love: