Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cute Funny Story

CyberKitten
March 1st, 2007, 02:10 AM
This morning, one of my nurses called to say she would be late. I asked why, casually multitasking as one is want to do while on the telephone. She hesitated for just a few seconds and then replied, "Joey just locked me out of the car!" Wondering if I heard correctly, I simply repeated "What did you say?" She proceeded to give me the same answer.

I honestly tried not to laugh but it was hard not to. "Don't worry", she said, "joining in the humour", my Roadside Assistance is on the way (tho she also discovered it was due to be renewed and she had not done that either - speaking of bad ways to begin a day) and they can unlock the door.

Joey of course is her 8 year old beagle!!!!

She was taking him to be with her brother, an intellectually disabled man who lives with her parents- He walks Joey and cares for him while she is at work. This morning, she had placed her purse, her remote for the car door and other important "stuff" in the front and then let Joey in. Just as she was going to get in, Joey took his paw and clicked the remote.

We have been teasing her mercilessly - either she will have to teach Joey how to open the door or keep the remote with her when she lets him jump in the vehicle, lol Of course, we also tell her it is better than the "my dog ate my homework" excuse. In this case "my dog locked me out of the car" prob works even better. :laughing:

So the next time you're late for work or class ... it's something to ponder. And undoubtedly cats can do this as well - especially if they think they are going to the "V-E-T."

D told Joey he owes her the 30 bucks the Roadside Assistance guy charged her and we are thinking of taking up a collection for poor Joey, lol Maybe he just wanted to stay home?

Dogastrophe
March 1st, 2007, 06:44 AM
Ha ha ... That's great! Good thing he hasn't figured out how to get the key in the ignition .... a beagle ripping down the road with its butt in the air and the nose on the floor boards would be quite the adventure.

mummummum
March 1st, 2007, 06:16 PM
Ha hahahahha ~ bet that beagle was grinning ear-to-ear the entire time and wiggling his little bum off !

CyberKitten
March 1st, 2007, 06:47 PM
HaHa Dogastrophe, your comment about a beagle ripping down has me seeing visions of Joey tearing down Robie Street and trying to turn on Spring Garden - maybe instead of lobsters posted around the city, we can have beagles driving cars. :crazy:

Maya
March 2nd, 2007, 12:10 AM
That's cute, reminds me of Toonces the Driving Cat, you can just imagine those little paws up on the steering wheel.:)

glasslass
March 2nd, 2007, 01:28 AM
Somehow I can see a delinquent beagle jumping into a police car and taking off, baying in lieu of the siren, after the bad guys!