Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

more poking fun at bad dog food

technodoll
February 28th, 2007, 10:35 PM
this is funnier than comedy central! :D

Come 'N Get It, 50 lbs for a whopping $11.99! the bag probably makes for half the cost of the "food" :D mmmm-mmm! quality!

ALPO Come 'N Get It brand dog food has the flavors dogs love: beef, chicken, liver and cheese. Your dog can have a variety of tastes in one meal.

50 lb. Bag

Ingredients:ground yellow corn, corn germ meal, meat and bone meal, soybean meal, beef tallow preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), animal digest (source of chicken flavor), salt, potassium chloride, beef & liver meal, dried cheese powder, dl-methionine, added color, choline chloride, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, vitamin E supplement, niacin, vitamin A supplement, calcium carbonate, copper sulfate, brewers dried yeast, calcium pantothenate, garlic oil, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin B-12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin d-3 supplement, riboflavin supplement, calcium iodate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin k activity), folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite.

animal digest = "chicken flavor", icing on the cake! sometimes i wonder how much of this crap they make up, drunk around a game of poker... :D

http://www.petsmart.com/media/ps/images/products/detail/large/January07/lg_14207_630bd.jpg

LynLyn
March 1st, 2007, 12:32 AM
:mad: I don't understand most of the stuff in that food!! THat can't be good!:mad:

Prin
March 1st, 2007, 01:07 AM
mmmm... animal digest... mmm.....................
mmmm... meat and bone meal... mmm.....................

:sad:

technodoll
March 1st, 2007, 08:54 AM
I don't understand most of the stuff in that food!! THat can't be good!

exactly... if you can't recognize any ingredients, you sure don't want to be feeding that crap to your beloved pet :eek:

also, think of what it actually cost the manufacturer to make. 50lbs for what, $1? what other food on the planet costs that little to make, besides recycled garbage and waste products? :eek: :yuck:

rainbow
March 1st, 2007, 03:19 PM
what other food on the planet costs that little to make, besides recycled garbage and waste products?

The other garbage brands like Purina, Pedigree Pal, Beneful, Old Roy, etc. that you can buy at supermarkets, walmart, etc. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: