Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rockys new cat-house

chico2
February 28th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Rocky finally got his own little house,bought it today at Costco,dirt-cheap at $19 and he loves it!
They each have their spot in the daytime,at night they have a big King Size bed to share with mom and dad:lovestruck:

chico2
February 28th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Vinnies bed also from Costco:thumbs up

Hunter's_owner
February 28th, 2007, 03:53 PM
My Aunt got her cat the same house as Rocky's. Her cat loves it as well.
Great pics.:thumbs up

Winston
February 28th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Chico I saw those too! I was tempted! But my guys never use anything I bring home for them! One of my friends gave me this HUGE cat tower..It must have been expensive! Anyway it was so heavy and soo big I could not find anywhere to put it! So I ended up donating it to the Animal Welfare Association here in Hamilton! Apparently all the fosters love it! I just wish mine did! They never really had any interest! They would rather chase each other I guess!

Oh by the way Vinnie is handsome! What a beautiful smoochy face!

Cindy

chico2
February 28th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Thank's Winston,Vinnie is an angel,Rocky might not agree though:laughing:
My cats seem to like their own safe space for a daytime nap and love to crawl in to anything,maybe out of fear of beeing attacked:confused:
The bottom part of Chicos bed,could house another cat,but Rocky and Vinnie rather keep their distance from Chico,the Boss!

Stacer
February 28th, 2007, 04:23 PM
I saw that little house too. I might go back and get it since it's getting glowing reviews here.

rainbow
February 28th, 2007, 04:51 PM
What a cute little house and nice pics of the furkids. :cloud9: I know both mine would love something like that. I wish we had a Costco here. :sad:

hazelrunpack
February 28th, 2007, 07:30 PM
They look very contented. :D

Chico, I love Vinnie's eyes. Every time you post a picture of him, I spend most of my time just gazing into them. I've never met a cat with eyes like his. :cloud9:

Frenchy
February 28th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Greatfull cats, they like their beds ! I got a bed for Monsieur le chat and a small condo and he's boycotting them :mad: Did you put herbs on it for them to go on their beds ? (I have a blank right now, pot for cats...)

JanM
February 28th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Cute pictures! I love the eyes - hazel and blue... cool :) I especially like the cat in the basket!

Frenchy
February 28th, 2007, 07:52 PM
cat nip, that's what I was talking about :o

Quins-mum
February 28th, 2007, 08:40 PM
they all look very content! and soooo cute. Vinnies eyes are the best tho! PPl pay good money for eyes like his!!!:lovestruck:

CyberKitten
February 28th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Ohhh, I like Vinnie's house!!! It looks a little bit like one we bought YY awhile ago tho we called it a tent.(not at Costco and Beau has kind of taken it over since YY likes her "African one better, lol - the better to study genealogy, lol)
I am including it just so you can see if it looks similar?????

My kitties have some tents and beds and stuff and a few "treehouses" (really just cat trees for them to play on) but I really like the basket one. I don't belong to Costco but my parents do. <g> And $19, we could buy three more!

glasslass
March 1st, 2007, 12:11 AM
I love photos of kitties peek-a-booing out of their houses!
Looking at Rocky through the wicker door reminds me of when T'Grr :rip: chewed through the wicker lid on my tall basket in the kitchen where I hid the garbage. I remember how funny it was when he fell through and I looked through the hole and saw him in the garbage bag. Rocky looks content, not surprised as T'Grr was. Your gang are always so beautiful and cared for looking. So loved!

LynLyn
March 1st, 2007, 12:27 AM
Bowser has the same house!! only he loves to EAT his house, I didn't read the post that wicker was doggy chew toy until after I bought it.:mad:

Prin
March 1st, 2007, 12:27 AM
Very cute, Chico! And a good deal too! :)

angeldogs
March 1st, 2007, 04:06 AM
nice looking house.nice price also.beautiful kitties.

chico2
March 1st, 2007, 06:05 AM
Thank's everyone,later at night,as soon as Rocky vacated his house,Vinnie claimed it:laughing: but not for long..
They are just like little kids,"my toy,my toy":laughing:
They never got in to chewing or scratching the wicker,I've got a thing for wicker and they leave it alone.
We've had Chico's 2-story bed for a long time and NOBODY sleeps on it but Chico:cat:
His was also from Costco a few years back,also cheap,where IKEA sells something comparable for $79:eek:

cpietra16
March 1st, 2007, 06:32 AM
:D CHico, can I place my order...I would like 5 pleeeease. I'll pick them up this summer on my way to BC:D

Mahealani770
March 1st, 2007, 06:40 AM
Wow Chico, I LOOOOVE the wicker! It's times like these that I wish I knew someone who had a membership to Costco :sad:

P.S. ANYTIME you feel like flying Vinnie down here to Atlanta..we're MORE than willing to babysit :D He is GORGEOUS!!!

chico2
March 1st, 2007, 07:15 AM
CPietra:laughing: :laughing:
Right now,they are all sleeping in my PC-room with me,not in their beds,
Vinnie beside Chico,very carefully:laughing:
Mahealani,we often take friends to Costco to shop,we are Costco addicted:)

Mahealani770
March 1st, 2007, 09:57 AM
I could stare at Vinnie all day long and be perfectly entertained :cloud9:
Those eyes are hypnotizing. How do you get anything done Chico? I'd be kissing and loving on him ALL day! :goodvibes:

dogcatharmony
March 1st, 2007, 10:40 AM
oh they are so gorgeous!! Lucky kitties. Love the cat house.....unfortunately when ever I bring mine home a new thing they prefer the box the stuff came in....never mind the house.

Furbaby Momma
March 4th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Chico2 your kitty cats are beautiful, the peek-a-boo houses are wonderful that you have for them. :lovestruck:

chico2
March 4th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Tank you all,we try not to spoil our little darlings(sure:D )!!

Winston
March 4th, 2007, 09:19 AM
I'm a Costco addict too! I even upgraded to Executive Membership because we are there all the time...Anyway for people that dont have a location near them I think items can be ordered on line..you could check it out at

www.costco.com

or

www.costco.ca

Cindy

chico2
March 4th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Winston,we too have the ex.membership,it already payed for itself since we got a $250 rebate-check in January.

rainbow
March 4th, 2007, 01:30 PM
I think the costco.ca site sucks. The selection is lousy and the prices there are not a good deal at all IMO. I think they inflate them so they can offer "free shipping". :rolleyes:

CyberKitten
March 4th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Chico, if you don't mind my asking - how does that work re Costco? How d you obtain a rebate? My folks belong and that helps but I am wondering if we should join? They have a lot of good stuff there - and btw, the cost of their meds is excellent so my patients who have scripts filled there tell me. OTC stuff too. For ex, ASA and codeine which is $6.99 plus tax at WalMart and $8 plus at Shopper's (generic - i is $15.99 or $19.99 for the Frosst 222's) - is only $3.99 and that is one med where the generic is just as good. The difference is the polymer - there is not much around the medication so it dissolves quickly and obviously, you would want acetaminophen and codeine for children if they require that much pain medication - and cancer patients. alas, do - sometimes much more, sigh!!

Anyway - I am curious about the rebate?? Email me if you feel you need to.

chico2
March 4th, 2007, 03:24 PM
It's ok CK,we pay $100/yr for an executive member-ship and we get 2% rebate,it does not sound like much,but if you spend a lot of money there it adds up and we do,although there is only 2 of us.
As I mentioned we got $250 rebate..
There are things at Costco that are not cheap,but it's usually good quality and brandnames that would cost a lot more anywhere else.
I've never used their pharmacy,but buy my Calcium,vitamin D etc...there and it's much cheaper than anywhere else.
I don't know if prescription meds are included in this,but it is certainly worth it do find out.

Frenchy
March 4th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I've never used their pharmacy,but buy my Calcium,vitamin D etc...

I buy glucosamine for the dogs there, food and doggy beds...Costco is great.