Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pics of Max the Husky-X

chico2
February 28th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Here are some pics I promised,the other thread is closed,but that's ok.
Just wanted to say the future looks brighter for Max,thank's to GG:thumbs up
Max sitting pretty for a cookie!

chico2
February 28th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Max playing with Brandi and Misti...

Lukka'sma
February 28th, 2007, 03:44 PM
GG what a fantastic thing you have done.

Winston
February 28th, 2007, 03:57 PM
What a beauty! I am so glad someone is giving this dog love! Thank you to everyone involved...:crazy:

Cindy

Frenchy
February 28th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Just wanted to say the future looks brighter for Max,thank's to GG:thumbs up

Has it been new developement ? I tried to pm you but computer at work won't let me :yell: can we have more details ? (you can pm me if you like)

Stacer
February 28th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Glad to hear that Max's future is looking better. I was really hoping that something good would come of all this. How's your beagle, Chico?

chico2
February 28th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Stacer,we still walk passed the house every day,while walking Bailey,but have not seen the Beagle for a long while,it's a good and a bad sign:sad:
She looked like a really old,tired dog,with obvious problems with her backlegs,it is very possible she might have been put down,or was handed over to HS.

rainbow
February 28th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Glad to hear Max's future looks brighter. :thumbs up He certainly looks good in the pics. :cloud9:

:grouphug: for the beagle.....hope she is okay. :fingerscr

marko
March 1st, 2007, 08:23 AM
As per the rules, posting about how the board is run isn't permitted.

Please trust me when I say that because of the passions involved with pets, that this is a HARD board to run. Serious decisions like banning (except for obvious spammers that sign up) are NEVER ever made lightly, never made without many warnings, and are VERY VERY difficult for this Admin. It's the absolute worst part of the job.

As always members can PM me with their concerns at anytime and I will try to respond as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Marko

JanM
March 1st, 2007, 08:32 AM
I am glad to hear that Max is doing well - but I missed the intro to this - can you give us more info? The Goldens are beauties too :)

Furbaby Momma
March 1st, 2007, 09:29 AM
I am so happy that Chico has posted an update on Max, and to know that Golden Girls is continuing to bring love and happiness into Max's life.

Way to go Golden Girls this world is a better place because of people like yourself, your Golden's are breathtaking. I for one have always appreiciated your passion and well educated posts, Thank You for being the voice for animals.

Golden Girls, and any Animal Rescuers who will save an animals life...everytime, any time, all the time not for the glory, not for the gratuities but only FOR THE LOVE OF ANIMALS!!

These pictures made my day, Thank You :love:

katwoman
March 3rd, 2007, 10:36 AM
thats a very nice dog:dog: :thumbs up
he looks so cute :)

chico2
March 3rd, 2007, 03:48 PM
Here are a couple more pics of Misti,Brandi and Max.
I think Max is really looking forward to seeing them and with any luck,the owner will let him off that chain to come for a real romp in the snow.
So far,things are going smoothly:fingerscr
In the second pic,you can see him waiting anxiously..
I think he must be a wonderful dog,usually dogs who are chained get defensive,or am I wrong?

Frenchy
March 3rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
:laughing: You can actually seem Max waiting for them in the second pic, too cute, he really likes his buddies :lovestruck:

erykah1310
March 3rd, 2007, 07:01 PM
Oh this is wonderful.
I have been wondering what had became of him.
Im so happy that things are looking up for him.:cloud9:

meb999
March 3rd, 2007, 09:17 PM
I think he must be a wonderful dog,usually dogs who are chained get defensive,or am I wrong?

That's what I always thought...because they don't get exercise or human affection (and get bored), they are usually hard to approach....this guy seems like a real diamond in the ruff :cloud9:

rainbow
March 3rd, 2007, 09:42 PM
That's what I always thought...because they don't get exercise or human affection (and get bored), they are usually hard to approach....this guy seems like a real diamond in the ruff :cloud9:

There was a dog here in our neighbourhood that was chained to his doghouse :sad: and everyone that walked by was scared by him because his bark was quite threatenily (is that a word? :p ). The owner was an elderly man that didn't speak Canadian all that well. The dog was actually a creampuff but I convinced the guy to find him a better home.

Winston
March 3rd, 2007, 11:05 PM
Awesome pics! Obviously there are alot of people on this forum that miss GG and her updates...Max looks like he loves having a few friends come to visit him! Thank you GG .... although Max is chained....I am sure it means the world to him to have you visit!

Cindy
:crazy:

Furbaby Momma
March 4th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Thank You Chico2, for the update!
More picture's of Max with Misti and Brandi, wow Golden Girl's really has made a difference in this dogs life...how wonderful. :lovestruck:

chico2
March 4th, 2007, 07:40 AM
While it is wonderful Max gets a break in the chained up boredom,thank's to a great lady,he is still attached to a chain:sad:
The sadness someone must feel,leaving him there must be difficult,so it's not all rosy.
I wish the moron owner could at least put up a proper fence,so Max did not have to be chained all day,he already broke free once,could do so again,he's a strong dog.

chico2
March 5th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Good news!!
After a long talk with the owner,GG now has permission to take Max off the chain and let him play.
GG also was told Max is afraid of the dark,cannot be left in the house alone,goes frantic and destroys everything.
The owner and his son always felt Max was better off outside,but agreed on cold days,the garage is a better place for him.
Apparently when Max was brought to SPCA by someone,he had been beaten and had a broken hip:sad: the owner adopted him last year.
Here are a couple of happy-pics:thumbs up
He gets sooo excited,GG gets all bruised from his loving:dog:

Frenchy
March 5th, 2007, 11:12 AM
OMG he looks sooo happy ! :cloud9:

Furbaby Momma
March 5th, 2007, 02:34 PM
WOOHOOO!! Everything worked out perfectly for Max! :thumbs up
Look how happy that handsome boy looks, all because Golden Girls cared about a lonely, chained up dog...he now has an opportunity to have a taste of the good life. :cloud9:

Thank You, Chico2 for keeping us up to date, you are such a sweetheart!

chico2
March 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Furbaby Momma,sometimes all it takes is a show of interest,a little involvment(although GG has a lot of involvment)to better a sad animals life.
Sadly,in my case and the old Beagle,I think she's gone to the Bridge,she was very old,with obvious problems in her backend.
HS will not give me any info,whether they went there or not,but I am certain they did.
I have not seen the old girl since:sad:

Frenchy
March 5th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Chico2 , whatever happened to her, she's in a better place now. :grouphug:

chico2
March 6th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Frenchy,I hope so:pray: I also hope these people don't get another dog:fingerscr

Furbaby Momma
March 6th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Sweet Chico2,
Please, know in your heart you did the right thing for the dear old Beagle. Animal Control officer's do their job, and always have the animal in question best at heart.
(((BIG HUG))) Chico2, together we all can make a difference in an animals life, if you listen really closely....the sweet old girl is saying, Thank You.
I think the world of you, and every single human being that loves their animals and does what they can to help animals in need, you are all #1 in my book. :love:

Winston
March 10th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Any updates on Max?

chico2
March 11th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Winston,thanks for asking!
Max continues to enjoy GG's affection and a free-from-the chain time every day,romping around with Brandi and Misti:thumbs up
GG says Max is at times a little hard to handle,but still a wonderful dog.
GG is hoping to talk some more with the owner and eventually find a solution for Max.
For now,I am sure Max really loves to see GG coming every day:thumbs up

Winston
March 11th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Awe thanks Chico! Good news! It's nice to hear that this boy is getting some love and affection from GG..Hope all goes well with Max..Sounds like he has had a tough life!

Thanks for the update!

Cindy

Winston
March 22nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
I think I need a Max fix? Chico any news on how this beautiful boy is doing? I would love to hear!

Cindy
:crazy:

chico2
March 22nd, 2007, 03:41 PM
Winston,thank's for asking,GG is still letting Max come lose and play with her doggies,at least spring is on it's way,not cold for Max anymore,but GG wwill never stop caring about him,it's just the kind of person she is.
Right now she's having problems with Misti,something wrong with her backlegs:sad: she could not walk,hopefully nothing serious:fingerscr

mummummum
March 22nd, 2007, 04:28 PM
I would love to see more pix of Max and please send well-wishes to GG for Misti's recovery.

chico2
March 22nd, 2007, 04:30 PM
Will do,thank you!!
The vet does not yet know what the problem is,but Misti is 8yrs old and GG is very worried.
I'll post more pics of Max as soon as I get some..

Frenchy
March 22nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
:goodvibes: for Misti :fingerscr

chico2
March 29th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Update!
Max is apparently kept in the garage:sad: because it's really muddy where he is usually chained.:sad:
However the good news is,Misti is doing good on pain-meds,in the pic you can see she is even jumping:thumbs up
Also on their walk they found a dead pigeon,Misti and Brandi did not even touch it and GG promptly buried it...:rip:

CyberKitten
March 29th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks so much for this Chico - I am so happy to see that this wonderful dog has a bright future thanks to GG.

So I thank you again Chico for keeping us updated on her work with this beautiful dog. So sorry about Max though - how can ppl be so thoughtless *(a rhetorical question!)

Frenchy
March 29th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I'm sorry for Max :sad: the mud will dry soon :goodvibes: but very happy to see Misty is doing better ! :thumbs up

chico2
March 31st, 2007, 04:01 PM
Well,I got a couple of new pics,GG thought he was in the garage,but he was chained in the front:sad:
Somehow that concrete looks even sadder...GG gave him some treats and a stuffie,she had no leash,not expecting to see him there,so she could not take him for a run.
She is getting really frustrated,cause it seems the owner has learned nothing:sad:

Winston
March 31st, 2007, 04:06 PM
Its not the best news Chico! but at least he had some company with GG and her doggies! I wish a better life for Max! but it could be so much worse! Maybe with warmer weather coming GG will have better luck being able to walk him! I hope GG's doggy is doing better! It certainly looked like it from the other pics!

Cindy

Frenchy
March 31st, 2007, 06:18 PM
Will he give up the dog already ! :mad: why own a dog if you're going to treat him this way ???? :mad:

chico2
April 1st, 2007, 07:07 AM
Who knows:frustrated: but at least Max now has someone who cares..btw,GG had permission to go up and see Max,no trespassing:D

Winston
April 29th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Hey Chico! Just wondering if we know how Max is doing?

Cindy

chico2
April 30th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Winston,thank's for asking:)
I still get pics and updates on Max,but upon GG's request I don't post them anymore:sad:
Nothing much has changed for Max,GG is still vigilant and is keeping an eye on him,also letting him come and play with Misti(when she has a good day) and Brandi.
It seems Max is living for the moments with GG and visits from the owners son,at least somebody cares:thumbs up

Winston
April 30th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the update! I really appreciate the news! Thank GG for me!

Regards

Cindy