Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy starved to death

chico2
February 28th, 2007, 08:33 AM
I was reading in the T Star yesterday morning about a Boxer-like puppy found in an apartment stairwell,chained to a railing.
The pup had died a gruesome death from starvation:sad:
Someone MUST have heard this puppys desperate barking,it takes more than a day for a pup to die..
This is a perfect sickening example of people not wanting to get "involved",the pup could have so easily been spared this horror if only somebody had cared:sad:
We have to get involved and help those who cannot help themselves..

marsupial mama
February 28th, 2007, 10:09 AM
I read about this too. It seems that a woman heard it but couldn't figure out where the sound was coming from. She checked neighbours' balconies and asked around, but couldn't find out. Seems that the stairwell was hardly ever used so it didn't occur to anyone to check it. The report I read showed that this poor woman is regretting not doing more and feels pretty awful about the whole thing.

Poor pup. Poor woman. Awful story. :sad:

CyberKitten
February 28th, 2007, 02:01 PM
OMG, what a horrible story!!!! Poor puppy!!! I too find it curious no one besides that one woman heard his cries?? Sounds like she did try and I don't want to be too judgmental but she could have called for help??? It is always easier granted to be a Monday morning quaterback -

joeysmama
February 28th, 2007, 02:50 PM
This breaks my heart. Time to go cuddle poor Cooper yet again !

Lukka'sma
February 28th, 2007, 03:07 PM
For the life of me I can not understand the barbaric cruelty of the person who abandoned and tied this dog to a stairwell and ultimately caused it's demise.
I am so mad I could just spit nails.
That dog must have gone through such torture and anguish.
What pisses me off the most is that this little dog no doubt loved it's owner with all it's heart, and the arse didn't give a **** enough to allow the dog another chance at life with an adoptive family.

Quins-mum
February 28th, 2007, 03:14 PM
For the life of me I can not understand the barbaric cruelty of the person who abandoned and tied this dog to a stairwell and ultimately caused it's demise.
I am so mad I could just spit nails.
That dog must have gone through such torture and anguish.
What pisses me off the most is that this little dog no doubt loved it's owner with all it's heart, and the arse didn't give a **** enough to allow the dog another chance at life with an adoptive family.

I couldn't have summed it up better myself!:mad: :pray:

happycats
February 28th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I wonder if this was some kind of revenge against the dogs owner.
I just don;t understand why someone would pay for an expensive puppy, just to tie it up and let it die like that? ( I know there are people out there who would) but something just isn't making any sense here.
even if the owner didn;t want it anymore they could have given it away or sold it!
I just wonder if this was some kind of sick prank:sad:

rainbow
February 28th, 2007, 05:47 PM
I read the story and I agree with Lukka'sma but that is also a possibility, Happycats. Whatever the "reason" may be it was just a sad, sad story :sad: and I hope karma takes care of the person responsible. :fingerscr

Prin
March 1st, 2007, 01:56 AM
:sad: Just sad, all around.:sad:

TMac
March 1st, 2007, 11:27 AM
This story happened in Ottawa. The OHS is offering a reward for info for the first time ever. Other people have stepped up to double the reward, which is great. Hopefully they get the b*stard.

See http://pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=37179

Its absolutely unfathomable. :yell: Unfortunately even if they catch the guy, the penalty is not stiff enough!

Furbaby Momma
March 1st, 2007, 01:54 PM
This Boxer didn't deserve this, as well as any animal that has to endure abuse, abandonment, neglect.

Please here are some suggestions that each and every human being can do to help when you feel that their is an animal in distress.

-Call the Police the Police will give you a contact number for the proper person to report your concern, no matter where you live in the world.
-The animal control officer will follow through with your complaint to make sure all is being done to care for the animal in question.
-All calls are confidential, your name is never mentioned.
-Please remember if you here an animal or see an animal being hurt, not being provided for properly...make the call.

All animals deserve to live with dignity, lets help the animals by being their voice. Share with others how well you treat your animals, educate people that don't know better, because we all do better when we know better.

Together we can make a difference, so that another animal won't just be another statistic story of Animal Abuse. :sad:

Big Hug to all of you and all your furbabies! :grouphug: :pawprint: